MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ableton - Pitch & Gate to Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Ableton - Pitch & Gate to Modular
Steverido
Hi Guys,

Newbie help please.

I have managed to get my routing configured in Ableton to work with my Modular.

I have a Motu Ultralite MK3 and have my setup as below.

Main out 1-2
Audio in 3 - BD9
" 4 - Braids

I have Expert Sleepers Silentway Voicecontroller on Braids and Trigger on the BD9. I have midi notes playing BD9 & Braids.

Routing: See Attached

Hexinverter BD9 Trigger & Gate - Motu 3&4 Out - Ableton 5&6
I have an audio channel in for BD9 in in Ableton
Mutable Instruments Braids 1/Volt & Gate - Motu 5&6 - Ableton 7&8
I hav an audio channel in for Braids

I have just bought an Abstract Data Octocontroller and want the choice of controlling either BD9 or Braids.

I am struggling to get my head around how I patch this.

If I use Braids as an example and connect to the Octocontroller, would output 1 be connected to the 1/Volt (Pitch)? Gate is still to my envelope.

Do I have to create another Midi channel with Silentway Voicecontroller to send the pitch to the EXT Clock in on the Octocontroller?

What do I have to do to send the Clock signal? This is the bit I am confused with!

big job head
Quote:
I have just bought an Abstract Data Octocontroller and want the choice of controlling either BD9 or Braids.

For this you need a switch multiple like the doepfer A-182-1

For the clock you have to use the silent way sync plugin sent to another couple of outputs of your motu (if live is your master clock)
Sending pitch to ext clock in on the Octo will do nothing, this input will only react to clock signal.
from the manual : "The ADE-32 will sync to the rising edge of an incoming signal between 20 and 270 BPM as long as
the incoming clock is set to the correct resolution and within the module’s tempo range.
Under the latest firmware revision the ADE-32 will sync to external clock resolutions of 1, 4 or 24 PPQN"
Steverido
big job head wrote:
Quote:

For this you need a switch multiple like the doepfer A-182-1

For the clock you have to use the silent way sync plugin sent to another couple of outputs of your motu (if live is your master clock)
Sending pitch to ext clock in on the Octo will do nothing, this input will only react to clock signal.
from the manual : "The ADE-32 will sync to the rising edge of an incoming signal between 20 and 270 BPM as long as
the incoming clock is set to the correct resolution and within the module’s tempo range.
Under the latest firmware revision the ADE-32 will sync to external clock resolutions of 1, 4 or 24 PPQN"

That is useful to know thanks. I will try out the sync plugin. Yes, Live is the master clock. Sync is 24 PPQN.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1