MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Powered USB hub - FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Powered USB hub - FH-1
2disbetter
Os, if the USB hub is powered will the fh-1 supply 5v power?

2d
os
It will supply it but I imagine the hub won't use it.
2disbetter
Hmm I mean for Power consumption. The fh-1 supplies 500ma of 5v regardless of demand?

2d
os
No, it only supplies what is drawn on the port. So if the hub draws nothing, it supplies nothing.
c0ntr4d1ct10n
I have just tried to connect a Targus 7-port powered usb hub to the FH-1. Only the first 3 ports work (All the ports work when I connect the hub to a pc).

When testing with the hub not connected to anything except for the DC power, it seems that only ports 4-7 provide power to my devices. So I guess that ports 1-3 draw power directly from the FH-1 - is this the reason why only these ports work?

I tested the usb hub with the iconnectivitymidi4+ and all of my midi usb devices work on every hub; however, ps4 dualshock controllers don't - is there code in the FH-1 that specifically makes it compatible with dualshock controllers? Also, I can't seem to get more than one ps4 controller working at a time on the FH-1 with both connected via the hub.
os
The FH-1 doesn't support nested hubs. Most 7 port hubs are actually two 4 port hubs, one connected to the other. So you only have 3 ports at the top level, which is what you're seeing.

The FH-1 only supports one gamepad at a time.
c0ntr4d1ct10n
os wrote:
The FH-1 doesn't support nested hubs. Most 7 port hubs are actually two 4 port hubs, one connected to the other. So you only have 3 ports at the top level, which is what you're seeing.

The FH-1 only supports one gamepad at a time.

Thanks os, is this the same on the FH-2? I noticed you have added support for a HID keyboard on the FH-2, can that be used at the same time as the gamepad?
os
Yes, that should work.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1