MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia Easel into iPad?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Arturia Easel into iPad?
Kid Narco
Here's a probably dumb question.
Can I download the Arturia Buchla Easel V onto my iPad simply as a very expensive app? (No DAW, etc.)
reverberation
Kid Narco wrote:
Here's a probably dumb question.
Can I download the Arturia Buchla Easel V onto my iPad simply as a very expensive app? (No DAW, etc.)

Nope. Would be cool though. I use the iVCS a lot.
Kid Narco
Ok, thanks. That has saved me a lot of baffled swearing and shouting, at least.
vytis
You can, however, do this on a Microsoft Surface. This is fun!
Kid Narco
Buchla MARF plan b
sb
Ripplemaker is a (kinda) Easel-ish app for iPhone / iPad. Not quite the same as the Arturia clone but part of the way there.
Kid Narco
Excellent. £8.99. I have downsized my ambitions.
Alan Smithee
Has anyone tried the Arturia Easel with a Microsoft Surface? Does it work? I know nothing about the Microsoft Surface, but curious if it would work and support multi-touch, so one could really jam with it.
orys
Alan Smithee wrote:
Has anyone tried the Arturia Easel with a Microsoft Surface? Does it work? I know nothing about the Microsoft Surface, but curious if it would work and support multi-touch, so one could really jam with it.

I've gone that road and simply it doesn't work.
I bought a surface pro 3 and there's no chance of resizing the application without using a mouse. Hands or stylus pen don't work for resizing the window. If you use a mouse then yes.
Even after that, it does not offer the experience of an iPad with other music apps that i own. It's very hard to manage to even play the keyboard if you want to press 2 or 3 keys simultaneously. Also i found it very hard to work on 2 way and 3 way switches.
I am selling the Surface Pro 3 with the latest stylus pen and all the Arturia collection installed (not original) for 550 euro. For me it was money thrown down the drain that i've spend to hold back my GAS for a Music Easel and now i'm more determined than ever to get the real thing.
Alan Smithee
Thanks for the info, orys. Appreciate it. I'll stay away from that path and keep enjoying my real Easel. Was hoping for a way to be able to play around with it, in a sort of interactive way, when away from home, but I guess that's not a solution. Bummer!
orys
Alan Smithee wrote:
Thanks for the info, orys. Appreciate it. I'll stay away from that path and keep enjoying my real Easel. Was hoping for a way to be able to play around with it, in a sort of interactive way, when away from home, but I guess that's not a solution. Bummer!

Yes buddy!
You're better off without the Surface Pro 3 at least. Don't know about the new units but they seem like half the price of the actual Easel hardware.
Portabella
one could easily create a surface template for lemur on the ipad to control the Easel on any PC/MAC.. w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1