MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Doepfer spring reverb makes a strange whistle?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Doepfer spring reverb makes a strange whistle?
mousegarden
My A199 has gone all strange, it's making a strange whistling noise, really loud, I've done nothing to it, or moved it, it used to be fine.

hmmm.....
Shledge
Do you have it near any digital modules?
xenosapien
My Music Thing Spring (or rather, the tank connected to it) decides on a different random sound/noise it "contributes" to my rack every single day ^^

sometimes it´s USB noise it picks up from god knows where, sometimes it seems to be broken up FM or AM radio, sometimes it´s the cell phone interference patterns, and I swear I once had it connected to my Wi-Fi and reacting to my Bandwith by growing louder and quieter with it razz woah
mousegarden
Shledge wrote:

No, I've no digital stuff in my rack anymore, only my Doepfer bit crusher, which is at the opposite end of the case.
beliefsystemrecords
I just checked mine. No whistle at all. Maybe move it to another spot in your rack.
Shledge
mousegarden wrote:
Shledge wrote:

No, I've no digital stuff in my rack anymore, only my Doepfer bit crusher, which is at the opposite end of the case.

Is it near the PSU? It's very sensitive to EMI.
mousegarden
Oh dear oh dear, red face agogo oops oops oops oops

Of course I have no digital modules "in my rack" only just a huge Motu 828 sitting on top of my case! DO NOT EVER DO THIS!!!!!

It was causing havoc, I moved it, instant silence.

oops oops oops oops oops oops oops oops

Dead Banana
kay_k
Ha, I remember bringing my rack to my friends studio and the only place with no noise bleed was when I held the spring in the air.
BRNT
I had it next to a WMD MMF and no noise.. I sold it and the whistle back again. It’s so fu@%/ng sensitive. Oh.. and the spring tank is on the floor because is sensitive as well. (Nowadays it lays between the LxD A-124 and the triAtt.. before LxD-A-199-TriAtt).
mousegarden
The 199 is sensitive, but I'm getting great sounds out of it lately, and I'm sure the Motu wasn't in a good place anyway. I may try and put a bit of aluminium foil between it and the top of the case though.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1