MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4ms Listen 4 1/4, Listen 4, and Listen 2
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 4ms Listen 4 1/4, Listen 4, and Listen 2
uebl
There are 4 new mixers/output modules from 4ms:

Listen 4 1/4
Listen 4
Listen 2

The Listen 2 in particular looks like a nice candidate for my on the go USB-powered lunchbox.

Does anybody have any intel on their current draw, release date etc.? thumbs up
mdoudoroff
I like these designs a lot. Small, cheap, and you can daisy-chain them to add channels. And they have those all-important pan pots for arranging your stereo image.

To whit, I hope they add a 4HP expander to the line that omits the headphone jack and provides more inputs, or maybe a stereo in (4ms themselves have a few stereo modules now in their lineup, so I’m surprised to not see that factored in).
uebl
„Cheap”? How much will they be?
taylor12k
wow, these look excellent. great to see balanced outputs and line drivers for better quality. nice little bonus that the main outs of daisy chained modules become submix levels.

can't wait for these... tho i agree with the above poster, a 4hp 4 channel expander would be nice...

according to the video, dan said prices are:

listen 2: around $150
listen 4: 199
listen 4 1/4: 250

(U$D)
TemplarK
So does the wave recorder able to record CV and audio or just audio?

edit - Oh its called "wav recorder... the title of the video says 'wave recorder' so i guess its just for audio?"
Brennanib
TemplarK wrote:
So does the wave recorder able to record CV and audio or just audio?

edit - Oh its called "wav recorder... the title of the video says 'wave recorder' so i guess its just for audio?"

Yes just for audio but I like your thought there!!

These modules sound like winners to me Rockin' Banana! also loving those black panels yes!!
Zube
I previously said that I wouldn't really want a stereo WAV recorder in my euro setup. But 2-4 of these 4ms recorders, synced, combined with a mixer or two, sounds like an easy, quality way to capture some multitrack audio.
Markthom
Yeah, liking the look of these a lot!
peteone
Sign me up for Listen 4 1/4

When will this be available?
dysonant
Any updates on these from Superbooth? Specifically release date?
ideaofnorth
+1, very interested and no updates since Feb?
SCOOBA_TANK
dysonant wrote:
Any updates on these from Superbooth? Specifically release date?

Yup. Dangling here. Waiting patiently.
kingcons
Speaking as someone looking to get rid of my external mixer due to a lack of desk space these are _super_ appealing. Can I get a Listen 4 and some 1/8" to XLR cables then run straight to my speakers and keep the stereo image? Or do I need the Listen 4 1/4 for that? I assume daisy chaining two Listen 4s would maintain the panning... screaming goo yo SlayerBadger!

Trying to figure out if you could do send/return to an effect pedal though. I suppose you could with two Listen 4s and a Gozinta? Suggestions welcome! hmmm.....
dugoutcanoe
I can't wait to get a couple of the 4.25's and add a few panners and i'll have a poor man's Koma Poltergeist. Really appreciate the balanced outs feature. kingcons
I understand that you can chain the Listen modules and the main outs ahead of the final out can be used for effects sends (with attenuation).. I don't think that you'll have a balanced signal with a 3.5mil to XLR but you should retain the stereo image afaik.... Check the last couple of minutes of the video in the OP. If you want to have XLR out's you might as well get the 4 1/4 as those have a TRS/Balanced out.
Hovercraft
I asked 4MS when these get released, and they told me shortly after they release the Wav Recorder in July.
kingcons
dugoutcanoe Awesome, I'll grab the 4.25 then. Thanks. smile

Hovercraft Perfect, that gives me a little while to move some unused gear and get ready!
dugoutcanoe
Hovercraft wrote:
I asked 4MS when these get released, and they told me shortly after they release the Wav Recorder in July.

applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause applause Drums! applause
dugoutcanoe
I'm guessing that the TRS outs on these will be "electronically" balanced rather than with transformers?
webhead311
cant wait for those mixers! I need an update...
kingcons
Seems a design revision was posted just a week ago! Now on the Listen 4 and Listen 4 1/4, the bottom two channels have lost the pan knob and become stereo ins! grin

Obviously, that means new boards to manufacture and test but I hope they're coming soon!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/4ms-company-listen-four-1-4
Hovercraft
Had a chance to talk with the 4MS rep at Knobcon, and he said these are the next 4MS modules being released. Couldn’t pin him down to any date, but it sounds like these are due soon—maybe Oct-Nov. He had a module in the demo case, but I was so focused on the SWN, I didn’t look at it too closely, so I’m not sure if it was an updated version. The stereo ins are a major improvement!
TheRosskonian
Hovercraft wrote:
Had a chance to talk with the 4MS rep at Knobcon, and he said these are the next 4MS modules being released. Couldn’t pin him down to any date, but it sounds like these are due soon—maybe Oct-Nov. He had a module in the demo case, but I was so focused on the SWN, I didn’t look at it too closely, so I’m not sure if it was an updated version. The stereo ins are a major improvement!

I am always so close to picking up something instead of the SWN, only to think "It's just around the corner!". Not to derail the thread though, interested in these output modules as well as their other input module. Thanks for sharing.
Hovercraft
TheRosskonian wrote:

I am always so close to picking up something instead of the SWN, only to think "It's just around the corner!". Not to derail the thread though, interested in these output modules as well as their other input module. Thanks for sharing.

After spending a good 30 minutes with the SWN, I'm as confused as ever. The interface wasn't intuitive--at least to me, or anyone else that stopped by the booth at the same time. It looks like there's a bunch of goodies locked up in there. Couldn't find a sequencer in the demo rig, and that didn't help either. I stuck with my SMR and learned to use that sucker, but I don't know if I can deal with another module on almost the same platform.
TheRosskonian
Hovercraft wrote:
TheRosskonian wrote:

After spending a good 30 minutes with the SWN, I'm as confused as ever. The interface wasn't intuitive--at least to me, or anyone else that stopped by the booth at the same time. It looks like there's a bunch of goodies locked up in there. Couldn't find a sequencer in the demo rig, and that didn't help either. I stuck with my SMR and learned to use that sucker, but I don't know if I can deal with another module on almost the same platform.

Did they change it up from.the previous iterations? The lastest demo (from Superbooth, I believe) was easy enough to follow (with a picture of the faceplate in an adjecent window) until they got to the wavetable navigation. Will be waiting to see more, but the core fuctions between the vca, lfo, and all seemed to not be too complicated.
tasun
Seems like no news so far. I would totally dig if they also had mutes smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2