MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My brain hit a wall; Please help me figure out this patch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author My brain hit a wall; Please help me figure out this patch
BaloErets
Something tells me I could patch this with basic functions, but I'm hitting a wall trying to process it.

What I'm trying to build is a bi-polar CV source that gets slower the further away it is from 0v. So if you imagine a sine wave, it gets faster as it moves towards 0v, but slower as it moves away, both in positive and negative voltage.

I know someone smarter than me can help figure this out help
Skotchi
I can’t help you with the patch, but I CAN tell you that Bach Is Dead! zombie
erstlaub
There isnt one showing in your rack there, but perhaps distings pitch to cv function could do the job?

EDIT: that'll teach me to get on muffs before I've woken up, I was reading your post backwards thinking that you were trying to generate a DC offset that lowered in intensity the slower an LFO was going (yep, pretty much the opposite of what you're after).
ranix
I got u m8 Guinness ftw! hold my beer

input bipolar DC CV source to a rectifier, output of rectifier into an LFO's pitch CV

when input is 0v the LFO is slow

when you crank it up to 3, it gets faster

it gets faster if you invert the polarity as well

if you want it to get faster when it's close to 0v instead of slower either use the rectifier's negative output or invert the cv input on your LFO
BaloErets
Skotchi wrote:
I can’t help you with the patch, but I CAN tell you that Bach Is Dead! zombie

thumbs up Always nice to pass by a fan smile
BaloErets
ranix wrote:
I got u m8 Guinness ftw! hold my beer

input bipolar DC CV source to a rectifier, output of rectifier into an LFO's pitch CV

when input is 0v the LFO is slow

when you crank it up to 3, it gets faster

it gets faster if you invert the polarity as well

if you want it to get faster when it's close to 0v instead of slower either use the rectifier's negative output or invert the cv input on your LFO

Wow! Thanks for such great documentation of the patch!! Gonna give this a go tonight. I owe you a couple of Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
Dave Peck
This can also be done with a VC LFO, a rectifier, and an inverter.

1. Patch the LFO's sine out (or triangle or whatever) to a multiple.

2. Send one branch of the multiple wherever you intend to send this signal, and send another branch to the input of a full wave rectifier.

3. Now patch the rectifier output to an inverter.

4. Now patch the inverter output to the frequency CV input of the same LFO.

Now, whenever the LFO's signal moves further away from zero volts, either positive or negative, there will be an increasing negative CV signal present at the LFO's frequency CV input, slowing down the rate of the LFO as the waveform approaches the positive and negative peaks. Viola!

Edit: If you happen to have an exponential waveshaper module, you can just pass the LFO signal through that and get pretty much the same result.
BaloErets
Dave Peck wrote:
This can also be done with a VC LFO, a rectifier, and an inverter.

1. Patch the LFO's sine out (or triangle or whatever) to a multiple.

2. Send one branch of the multiple wherever you intend to send this signal, and send another branch to the input of a full wave rectifier.

3. Now patch the rectifier output to an inverter.

4. Now patch the inverter output to the frequency CV input of the same LFO.

Now, whenever the LFO's signal moves further away from zero volts, either positive or negative, there will be an increasing negative CV signal present at the LFO's frequency CV input, slowing down the rate of the LFO as the waveform approaches the positive and negative peaks. Viola!

Edit: If you happen to have an exponential waveshaper module, you can just pass the LFO signal through that and get pretty much the same result.

Cheers! Guinness ftw! Appreciate the explanation. Another alternative I'll try patching tonight thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1