MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Braids RATE and SIGN settings - awesome!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Braids RATE and SIGN settings - awesome!
Heliophile
Braids has become one of my "from-my-cold-dead-hands" modules.
I made a video on the extremely powerful RATE and SIGN menu options. To the best of my knowledge, this topic hasn't been discussed that much.
It's my first modular tutorial video, so bear with me, but I hope it will give some of you some new inspiration!

https://youtu.be/3-ciKDG-CuU
mtsngrs
Heliophile wrote:
Braids has become one of my "from-my-cold-dead-hands" modules.
I made a video on the extremely powerful RATE and SIGN menu options. To the best of my knowledge, this topic hasn't been discussed that much.
It's my first modular tutorial video, so bear with me, but I hope it will give some of you some new inspiration!


Awesome video! Definitely make more. applause

I have had Braids for a long time and have never played with either of those settings :( The menu diving has been my least favorite thing about Braids.
Hidden_Path
Really nice video, simple and to the point... And another reason why Braids rewards a little experimentation. Subscribed, keep the vids coming! SlayerBadger!
glassofwater
Cool vid, as someone else said - keep 'em coming!

MI modules were some of the first eurorack-modules I drooled over and their look still give me a warm sensation inside. applause
Orange
Go Gijs! applause
Nice tune btw, sounds like Laserdance....
Heliophile
Thanks for your encouragement, people! I have some ideas for other short Eurorack tutorials, so I'll try to keep this series alive.
radiokoala
Great stuff, I'd probably have Braids set permanently at 8 kHz rate... cool

Wonderful music you make, at one of your earlier vids you already have like 12U of eurorack, so my question is on how many releases of yours euro is present? Whole albums or certain songs? Some interesting story about some song you'd highlight as one where euro added some unique flavor you couldn't get elsewhere?

Don't know if it is a compliment or not, but some of your songs are kind of an interesting blend of Zodiac & DM I thought, which is interesting because you have this element of synthy space rock-like lines, but with vocals, whereas most of such music is instrumental. Some of thicker basslines and kicks did remind me of Moskva-Kassiopeya, who is "a unique blend of pure 80's electronic sound and modern electro united by science-fiction concept of retro-futurism" from Moscow (soundcloud), but his stuff is lyrics-less again.

Now tuned in to Haligonian Rain — well most of your tunes are great, I like synths & production, shit, this stuff is better sent via pm, but whatever.... people should know there is some great music made by wigglers. nanners

Cheers!
Maneville
Very clear - thanks for prompting me to get into those menus.
Heliophile
radiokoala wrote:
Wonderful music you make, at one of your earlier vids you already have like 12U of eurorack, so my question is on how many releases of yours euro is present? Whole albums or certain songs? Some interesting story about some song you'd highlight as one where euro added some unique flavor you couldn't get elsewhere?

Thanks, mate! I will indeed answer in more detail via pm. In my productions, I use euro mostly as a very powerful and flexible monosynth, which I record one line at the time, plus a source of cool percussive loops. I didn't use eurorack before the "Permeate" album, which is my latest release.
arcanius
interesting, need to check the other menu options as well, thanks for the wake up call Guinness ftw!
BenignToxicity
As a new Braids owner, I found this very helpful. More please! As someone fairly new to Eurorack (and suffering a little with information overload), drilling down into one specific (and maybe under-appreciated) feature of a module can be an eye-opener.

... and as others have said... simple, clear, and straightforward. Vey nice.
mdoudoroff
Thanks for the reminder to use these features!

I’ve had Braids for years and it has never been in danger of leaving my rack. Too damn useful. Still sounds great.
rr23
I really liked that video!
do more! i didn't really use these functions yet, but i will try them out more!
dooj88
i just remembered these options were in here too, recently. i fell in love with WTX4 with SIGN cranked, it gives it an amazing lofi crunch.
pugix
Another thank you for reminding me to try those!
Heliophile
dooj88 wrote:
i just remembered these options were in here too, recently. i fell in love with WTX4 with SIGN cranked, it gives it an amazing lofi crunch.


Just out of curiosity, does your SIGN setting sound noticeably different from mine in the video? I wonder how big the (intentional) difference is between individual modules.
dooj88
Heliophile wrote:
dooj88 wrote:
i just remembered these options were in here too, recently. i fell in love with WTX4 with SIGN cranked, it gives it an amazing lofi crunch.


Just out of curiosity, does your SIGN setting sound noticeably different from mine in the video? I wonder how big the (intentional) difference is between individual modules.


good question. i'll post and example here in a bit going through the levels of intensity so we can compare.
lumena
Great video really informative.
I do have one small criticism... The voice is great and really came through well but the gaps where you are showing the sound are a bit overrun with the talking, a bit longer gap between the example and the voice would make it really much easier to consider fully the points you make. I do thing the tip about using those controls was really perfect and would love to see more of your ideas.
Heliophile
lumena wrote:
I do have one small criticism... The voice is great and really came through well but the gaps where you are showing the sound are a bit overrun with the talking, a bit longer gap between the example and the voice would make it really much easier to consider fully the points you make.

That's great advice to consider for future videos, thank you!
dooj88
dooj88 wrote:
Heliophile wrote:
dooj88 wrote:
i just remembered these options were in here too, recently. i fell in love with WTX4 with SIGN cranked, it gives it an amazing lofi crunch.


Just out of curiosity, does your SIGN setting sound noticeably different from mine in the video? I wonder how big the (intentional) difference is between individual modules.


good question. i'll post and example here in a bit going through the levels of intensity so we can compare.


here's mine, though i'd be surprised there's any audible difference to other modules. i expect we'd probably need an oscope to see what differences are occurring.

Heliophile
dooj88 wrote:

here's mine, though i'd be surprised there's any audible difference to other modules. i expect we'd probably need an oscope to see what differences are occurring.


Thanks for sharing! Indeed, the effect is very similar, if not the same on mine. I wonder if anybody else notices a bigger difference on theirs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group