MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new, cheap & analog chorus pedal clones
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author new, cheap & analog chorus pedal clones
Granny
Whats with those new TC Electronic analog pedal clones that pop up these days? Anybody tried them on synths?

3rd Dimension Chorus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZs63IUgTw0

June-60 Chorus Pedal (prototype)
https://youtu.be/bLUMUpAwAoo?t=3m51s
Granny
well ok, they are mono. but maybe its a good sign. tc electronics got bought by behringer in 2015 and is focused on guitar stuff. will wait for an affordable chorus ensemble effect by behringer. after seeing the vc340 everything seems possible
Granny
June-60 just got the stereo update as u might have seen. Smart move uli wink
milkshake
I have the 3rd dimension, a clone of the Boss DC-2

The Boss DC-2 had mono in stereo out. The stereo out is obtained by inverting one channel. Easily done in a DAW.
For the rest, the 3rd dimension has the 2 independent bbd's that make the DC-2 so special.

Sounds great.


The Behringer version is cheaper, but the TC is build like a tank. And I couldn't get the Behringer so I got the TC.
felixer
milkshake wrote:

The Boss DC-2 had mono in stereo out. The stereo out is obtained by inverting one channel. Easily done in a DAW.
For the rest, the 3rd dimension has the 2 independent bbd's that make the DC-2 so special.

yeah, but if you invert the whole track you are having the original input sound in antiphase too. that would cancel it. you need to invert only the delayed/chorus sound. and then it cancels if you go to mono. so yeah, two different bbd's (or the multitap one they used in the wonderful a/da steroe tapped delay) are best.
btw i have a behringer uc100 ultra chorus and it's very subtle. not to say weak. for me it's ok because i just use it after a mono reverb/hold pedal to give it a bit more life, but it doesn't do the heavy wavering thing from the 80ies.
milkshake
felixer wrote:
milkshake wrote:

The Boss DC-2 had mono in stereo out. The stereo out is obtained by inverting one channel. Easily done in a DAW.
For the rest, the 3rd dimension has the 2 independent bbd's that make the DC-2 so special.

yeah, but if you invert the whole track you are having the original input sound in antiphase too. that would cancel it. you need to invert only the delayed/chorus sound. and then it cancels if you go to mono.

Your right. d'oh!


felixer wrote:

btw i have a behringer uc100 ultra chorus and it's very subtle. not to say weak. for me it's ok because i just use it after a mono reverb/hold pedal to give it a bit more life, but it doesn't do the heavy wavering thing from the 80ies.

This thing is indeed very subtle.
But that's the way I like chorus.
felixer
milkshake wrote:

felixer wrote:

btw i have a behringer uc100 ultra chorus and it's very subtle. not to say weak. for me it's ok because i just use it after a mono reverb/hold pedal to give it a bit more life, but it doesn't do the heavy wavering thing from the 80ies.

This thing is indeed very subtle.
But that's the way I like chorus.

yeah, that 80ies sound became old really fast. one of the cliche's that make that era instantly recognizable. clean guitar with chorus, yuk!
Blairio
felixer wrote:
milkshake wrote:

felixer wrote:

btw i have a behringer uc100 ultra chorus and it's very subtle. not to say weak. for me it's ok because i just use it after a mono reverb/hold pedal to give it a bit more life, but it doesn't do the heavy wavering thing from the 80ies.

This thing is indeed very subtle.
But that's the way I like chorus.

yeah, that 80ies sound became old really fast. one of the cliche's that make that era instantly recognizable. clean guitar with chorus, yuk!


Oddly, I remember the sound of a Roland JC (Jazz Chorus) 120 guitar combo with fondness these days. Good with guitars but also pretty good with keyboards (80's keyboards of course!) too. A Roland Juno 6 or a PPG through a JC120 is a fine thing.
felixer
yep, still have my jc120. almost 40 years old and still going strong. def the best built of all those solidstate amps back then (anybody see a working lab amp recently?). but it's so usefull because it is easily transportable and very loud. for a raunchy sound you just need some good distortion device. i use a mesa Vtwin for that.
Granny
about the june-60 pedal: i talked to the guy from behringer at super booth 2018 and he told me its not just phase inversion but it has an extra chip for the other channel with some delay added, as i remember correctly

heres a video from superbooth
https://youtu.be/Zup7_PSdc_g
KSS
Granny wrote:
about the june-60 pedal: i talked to the guy from behringer at super booth 2018 and he told me its not just phase inversion but it has an extra chip for the other channel with some delay added, as i remember correctly

You're remembering correctly. The mono input is split to two analog delay chips.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group