MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

reaktor blocks es a sequencer????
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author reaktor blocks es a sequencer????
mareike
good day to u all i am neue hear andhope i am in the place to be.i have a dilema and i was hopeing to hear ur thouts...
i have the rene make noise and i have reaktor block and the es3 so i cann do sequences from my daw....and at the moment i dont know if i shuld keep my rene or not...........i culd us the money end the space for a nother modul.....like the shapeshifter.............can u give my some cons and pros pls
(i do rendom blip blups end fm sequencer)
i have the woggelbug end Turing Machine as well
ps sory for my bed writing....wish u all a good day.
stuf like this more or less end ambient sunds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzO16eL3UIg
listentoaheartbeat
I use both Reaktor (Blocks) and Max (for Live) for controlling the modular, in addition to sequencing modules. I enjoy it. Especially very busy and involved sequencing patches are interesting, which wouldn't be possible in hardware (or cumbersome at least).

However, I feel the hands-on experience of using sequencing modules leads to different results. Not better or worse, just different. I tend to jam more and try things spontaneously, as opposed to the more conceptual, thought-through sequencing patches I come up with in software.

The Rene is super playable. When I had one, I really liked selecting active steps on the fly and disturbing the sequences with CVs from elsewhere in the patch. This is another benefit of having sequencers and sequencing utilities like clock dividers, switches, and logic available in the modular: You can cross-patch between the sequencing, modulation, and even audio aspects of your patch.
andybizarre
Hi Mareike,

sure you got the right place! When sequencing your modular with Reaktor blocks and ES3, it can be difficult to get "useful" musical intervals. The different outputs of the ES-3 are not precisely calibrated to 1V/octave, and you have to get all your levels set correctly. If you get rid of your Renè, make sure you still have a hardware quantizer nearby. While it can work, I find it rather difficult with Reaktor/ES3 and hardware sequencers to play simultaneously in tune.

(Du kannst mir auch gern eine PM auf Deutsch schicken, wenn Du mehr Fragen hast)
Milanm
andybizarre wrote:
Hi Mareike,

sure you got the right place! When sequencing your modular with Reaktor blocks and ES3, it can be difficult to get "useful" musical intervals. The different outputs of the ES-3 are not precisely calibrated to 1V/octave, and you have to get all your levels set correctly. If you get rid of your Renè, make sure you still have a hardware quantizer nearby. While it can work, I find it rather difficult with Reaktor/ES3 and hardware sequencers to play simultaneously in tune.

(Du kannst mir auch gern eine PM auf Deutsch schicken, wenn Du mehr Fragen hast)

I'm 75% sure someone told me Blocks has built in calibration. In the same vein as Silent Way? Is this incorrect?

I use Silent Way myself and the calibration is rock solid.
listentoaheartbeat
Yes, Blocks 1.2 added pitch calibration.

big job head
Indeed blocks have built in calibration. works exactly like silent way and is as solid.
mareike
thenk u all for sharing ur experince end thouts with me so far....
mareike
so in the end bouth techniks are good end will work well is only a question of money/workflow/taste......
(i have found a turing machine set for reaktor killer)
andybizarre
In VCV rack there`s also an awesome Turing Machine module, check it out. While I love Reaktor to bits, I find patching in VCV much more immediate, especially when the hardware modular ist involved. You just see at a glance what is going on.
As a consideration for your next module purchase, with an ES-6 and ES-7 your setup is becoming truly hybrid. Sending CVs back into your DAW is so much fun, a lot of progress has been made on this. Bitwig has its CV modulators, and there are Max for Live tools to control Ableton sessions from your modular.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1