MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Old DSP software for Windows like Granulab and Coagula?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Old DSP software for Windows like Granulab and Coagula?
CoreInside
Old DSP software for Windows like Granulab (granular synthesis) and Coagula (photo to sound), any recommendations?
adam
cooledit
poppinger
Some of the earliest things I recall messing around with on Windows are Orangator and Visual Orangator which were non-realtime software synths that made very strange and crusty sounds. Visual Orangator is an early software modular synthesizer.

I remember them being buggy and crashing a lot as well as being unintuitive, but I'm sure most of that was me having no idea what I was doing at the time - just moving sliders and listening to the sound that came out.
GGW
CoreInside wrote:
Old DSP software for Windows like Granulab (granular synthesis) and Coagula (photo to sound), any recommendations?

I wish Rasmus had updated both of those programs, just a bit more. I still haven't found anything that quite does what Granulab does and have just used it again on a fairly large project to generate sound files. As far as Coagula, you may find similar ideas and updated functionality in Magix Spectral Layers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1