MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

All Music Easel expander cards
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author All Music Easel expander cards
search64
I don't think this post exists yet, so here goes.

Here are all Easel expander cards currently available (only commercially available, not homebrew):

Firstly, there are the regular program cards:

The vintage version:
[/quote]

Then there's this expander from Buchla, which I think was a prototype?:

The AUX Expander from Buchla:

The digital program card from Buchla:

Next up, the Portabellabz toolbox, BOB expander and perfBOB:

Then there is the Ornament & Crime card from Northern Light Modular:

We have the monstrous 416 Meta Expander:

Please let me know if I've missed any, and I'll add them.
flabby
Easel 208 Toolbox. You can have it built or build it yourself.

http://www.portabellabz.be/toolbox.html#buy
search64
Yeah, that's already in there though Guinness ftw!
flabby
HA! Completely missed that! Carry on..... Guinness ftw!
papz
Both BOB expander and ToolBox have spots for custom optional features to best fit each one's needs and preferences.
The perfBOB has no own feature, it's meant to be 100% custom.
cool
auxren
I've got many more cards in the works, but, they will kind of be one trick ponies, but cheap.
search64
auxren wrote:
I've got many more cards in the works, but, they will kind of be one trick ponies, but cheap.

Care to expand on that? Mr. Green
auxren
search64 wrote:
auxren wrote:

I don't want to spoil the surprise but it'll be fun. grin
captnapalm
Don't forget the original (as posted on Magnus's page and originally provided by Kurt Kurasaki)

papz
auxren wrote:

This card could be considered the very first ToolBox "prototype", at this time I didn't plan to make it available but built a few for customers.

With the mixer added :

search64
Sorry Papz, but that is definitely too homebrew razz
ArguZ
cardOC open face prototype to check things while its plugged in...

papz
search64 wrote:
Sorry Papz, but that is definitely too homebrew razz

lol Sure but I like this Mad Max look however.
It's still working though...
bemerritt
auxren wrote:
search64 wrote:
auxren wrote:

How about a cheap, easy one to sync the pulser to external gear? thumbs up
REcDeso12oi
bemerritt wrote:
auxren wrote:
search64 wrote:
auxren wrote:

How about a cheap, easy one to sync the pulser to external gear? thumbs up

Yes please
papz
A cheap easy pulser pulse in can be done with a common program card, or even with a connector like these
http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Lot-5X-JAMMA-56-Pin-Edge-Connector-Interfa ce-Board-double-fingerboard-adapter/152237996107?hash=item237217784b:g  :dksAAOSw9IpX1Y0V
https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Fingerboard-Golden-Finger-56-Pin-28-x-2-J amma-Mame/220733870645?hash=item3364c39235:g:ZHEAAOxy1klRbS-9

The most straightforward way is connect via a 390k resistor the contact 16 of the 208's edge connector top row to a socket (if jack or minijack, connect ground to contact 2 of the bottom row) but this way the time the pulser stays on will depend on the incoming pulse or gate length, before it starts it's decay phase. No problem if synced with a short trigger but can be annoying with a longer gate signal. Then you want to add a gate to trigger converter, you'll find a simple one in the ToolBox's build notes, but there are other designs.
bemerritt
thanks for that papz!
papz
You're welcome.
The CD4093 of the gate to trigger converter circuit in the ToolBox buildnotes needs power of course : +15V on pin 14 and 0V on pin 7, it's not mentioned because it's already powered on the ToolBox PCB.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1