MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cocoquantus and Xenharmonics?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Cocoquantus and Xenharmonics?
odditymedium
is the cq2 suited to xenharmonics and microtonal music?
clarte
Its effectively a sampler, so what you put in, comes out. How do you plan to use it?
odditymedium
can i make highky combinatorial compositions? as in, just intonation, harmonic series etc?
clarte
It would be extremely difficult to tune, whilst complex the coco relies on a level of randomness which doesn't lend its self well to defined tunings or precise control.
clarte
The shbobo instruments are focused around alternative scales however.
The Grump
The oscillators of the CQ2 will respond to CV in the FM inputs, and if you fine tune things, yeah... you could probably get the oscillators to respond in a somewhat scalar fashion, but it's a pain in the ass, and kind of defeats the purpose of using the CQ2 in the first place. You'd do better using another instrument if it's scales, and controlled harmonic series' you're after. The Cocoquantus really is its own kind of animal, and shines brightest when doing its own thing. Not to say it doesn't play well with others, or that it's a one-trick pony by any stretch, but trying to tame it into being something else is a waste on so many levels.

I use the FM inputs with my QuNexus, and get all kinds of fun out of the CQ2, but trying to get it to "play in tune"? Pointless. Getting it to play in time, on the other hand, is a joy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1