MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bugbrand compilation TAPES SOLD OUT
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  

WOULD YOU BUY BOTH COMPILATION TAPES @ £6.50 + shipping each?
YES
90%
 90%  [ 29 ]
NO, JUST THE ONE MY TRACK IS ON
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I WOULDN'T BUY EITHER
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 32

Author Bugbrand compilation TAPES SOLD OUT
chrisdermo
BANDCAMP IS NOW LIVE https://0prmusic.bandcamp.com/

Tapes are SOLD OUT but digital will remain free in perpetuity.

Alright guys and gals. The tapes arrived today, but as timing would have it I have to fly to New York tomorrow morning for work for the coming week. So I won't be able to post any out until the week following that. However I'm going to open preorders to all Bug forum users now so you guys will be the first to get theirs once we start shipping.

BugBrand Blue and BugBrand Red are both C60 tapes, with full colour onbody printing, gloss card stock j cards with printing on both sides and house in cream coloured jewel cases.

Please pay close attention to the following instructions for preorder.

Each tape costs £6.50 (so £13 for a pair).
Shipping costs are:

UK: £1.20 for one tape + £1 extra per each additional tape.
EU: £3 for one tape + £1.50 extra per each additional tape.
Rest of world: £4 for one tape + £1.50 per each additional tape.

the four artwork panel pcbs created by tom that we had spare are now spoken for.

PayPal to chrislem56@gmail.com and MAKE SURE you put your muffwiggler username and your real name and shipping address in the PayPal comment.

OLDER FIRST POST:

- SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED FOR VOL I & II.

Tracklisting for the two tapes below, please ensure the spelling and punctuation/capital letters etc are all as you intended and let me know if not:

BugBrand Blue:

A1) Tom Bugs - Bom Tugs
A2) Sono-N - Whereabouts 1
A3) Richard Quirk - Lightcycle Dance
A4) Entrancer - Mara
A5) Alba Eddison - Sinistar Waltz
A6) Otoskope - Tenpo Jaki
A7) Melfi - Ferro

B1) David Salter - Waking From Hibernation
B2) tron23 - nightbug
B3) Duplan - Kampong Juara
B4) Meng Qi - Rainbug
B5) /\/\/\/ - Bound
B6) Trond Jervell - Wobbly Munk

BugBrand Red:

A1) Mark Dicker - Here's To Swimmin' With Bucktoothed Chickens
A2) Bunk Data - Odonata
A3) Miditerranean - Bumble
A4) CC - Flying Weevil
A5) A.C. Lyon - Blue Mammals
A6) Phisynth - Bleu Electrique

B1) KNYST - Embraced
B2) Wein Glas - The Delayed Church Of Wine In Spring
B3) Astrogenic Hallucinauting - Panpsyschisms Locator
B4) Batchas - The Hunt
B5) tIB - Locito
B6) Lev Kowalczwk - Noise Impulse and Delays

OLD FIRST POST STARTS HERE:
However those that have had prior contact with me but didn't manage to submit yet - just send when you are ready and we'll see whether we can shoehorn it in somewhere.

https://0prmusic.bandcamp.com

Send submissions to 0premail@gmail.com, stating your artist name and track name as you'd like to be listed.

Until submissions close it's safe to assume there is still space on the comp, please just leave a comment stating your interest and I'll add you to the list. As mentioned somewhere below if we really do have a large amount of tracks I may split into 2 releases so don't worry! Multiple submissions are ok too, starting to think this may make a good annual/bi-annual series or something.

List of contributors:

Submitted:
indexofmetals
tron23
batchas
T. Jervell
Bunkdata
sandyb
tIB
SPIKE the percussionist
a100user
Meng Qi
Tom Bugs
Dogoftears
/\/\/\/
Phisynth
Weinglas
nilssonperanders
KNYST
laserpalace
DickMarker
Thermisonic
Miditerranean
chrisdermo
Otoskope
Duplan

'Tentative':
adamon
Ramases
a scanner darkly (in touch through lines forum)
Reality Checkpoint (pending chirper purchase)
fredguy
pritzcobinger

If you think anyone that may be interested in contributing hasn't seen this thread yet, please let them know!

Initial post & background

Hi everyone!

I am launching a new electronic music label next month focusing on cassette and digital releases and after a brief discussion with Tom thought it could be good to release a Bugbrand compilation, sort of inspired by Game of Life's 'Made of Wood' releases for Ciat Lonbarde instruments.

This thread is initially to gauge interest - here are my thoughts:

- I would fund a run of 50 tapes.
- I am not looking to make any money in doing this. The tapes would sell at cost and the digital release would be free for download and streaming. This means there would be no payment to any contributors, furthermore any physical copies for contributors would need to be paid for (somewhere in the region of £4-£5 per tape + shipping). The label venture for myself and my label partner is simply to create nicely packaged, good sounding audio documents for people that enjoy the tape format, world domination couldn't be farther from our minds. If anyone wanted multiple copies for themselves to sell on/give away or distribute themselves I have no issues with that whatsoever, potentially if people wanted enough we could increase the manufacturing run.

Rules of submission

- All tracks should comprise of Bugbrand sound sources only. This means all oscillators and creative processors (defined later) should be Bugbrand only. If you are not fortunate enough to own a Bugbrand sequencer or control surface etc but would like to use one with your bugs this would be entirely acceptable (cirklon, beatstep pro, sq-1, any gate/trigger/cv interface really whatever). If you do own a Bugbrand sequencer / means of control please do use it!
- 'Creative' processors are - any filters, waveshapers, distortion, ring mod, etc etc should be Bugbrand only.
- 'Mix' processors - we want to keep the Bug sound as pure as possible, however mix tools like eq, compression/limiting and delay/reverbs are allowed however you normally would do so. If you own a Bugbrand eq/compressor/ptdelay/spring tanker - please use them! What we're getting at here is please don't drench your recording in soundtoys plugins and 100% wet infinite reverbs and granular fx. Likewise please don't make your Roland space echo or strymon bluesky the focus of your piece.
- To that end please work within the confines of your Bugbrand setup a much as possible. It would be great if all envelopes/lfos/modulators etc were bugs, but understood if that's not possible. If you only own a chirper or a weevil - great! Minimal styles are welcome.
- Multitracking, overdubbing and editing - I think it's hopefully implied but tracks made via multitracking, overdubbing and editing / splicing sections, riffs, sequences or whatever together that may not be 'performable' as such are totally fine, if that's the way you work. Just please don't create a microsound granular piece Mr. Green
- I am ruling out 3rd party drum machines - any issues with this please make yourself heard!
- Please record in 24bit 44.1kHz. You can record however you like - via microphone, line in, to tape, on a wax cylinder etc - just please ensure your final 2track is 24bit 44.1kHz - this is a standard the majority of people will be able to adhere to, and most cassette manufacturers will want 44.1kHz files to transfer from. Mix for stereo! Tape crosstalk is not an issue in the same way as it is for vinyl so if you want to invert phases via your svfilters/crossover filters etc please do.
- Please keep track lengths sensible - max length would be 5mins with some SLIGHT wiggle room should people overshoot.
- Lists of modules/equipment used are highly encouraged and / or patch photos / diagrams welcome.
- Mastering will be completed by dogoftears who has very generously offered to do so for free. I'll create a running order from the submissions and send over to him to work his magic.
- Please refrain from posting your track online anywhere until the compilation has been released!! Your work is your own property of course but it would be nice to release this as a big bunch of awesome, previously unheard music.

I realise that's quite a lot of information to take in. The Bugbrand community has produced some fantastic music over the years, I think it would be awesome to showcase the variety of sounds and styles Tom's instruments inspire us to make.

Please let me know if you are interested in contributing and any opinions on what I've said below.

Cheers!
Chris
Reality Checkpoint
This is a great idea, and I will subscribe!

As yet, I have no BB, so nothing to contribute other than my enthusiasm for your project, but I am hoping to pick up a Chirper as my first foray in to the world of bugs just as soon as more are produced.

thumbs up
Ramases
I'll try to get something together.
Any idea on a deadline for submissions?
phisynth
I like the idea and would love to participate. But following these guidelines I'll miss my dual benjolin to trig my DRM's
chrisdermo
No deadline yet - it'll be a few months off at least as we're not launching til march and have I think 6 releases to get out of the way. Hopefully that'll be enough time for you to obtain a chirper reality checkpoint!

Also phisynth would 100% love for you to submit something. Is the benjolin just triggering/sequencing? If it's not contributing audio I'd class that as a controller - no different to triggering by a beatstep or anything else.

I would be aiming to showcase as wide a variety of styles as possible so multiple submissions would be more than welcome.
/\/\/\/
This is a great idea. I really enjoy hearing what's possible in Bug creations from other people, although I have to admit it seems hard to find a lot of "finished" works presented. I may be sending you something...
dogoftears
i'm into this and i'd volunteer to master it for free.
would definitely like to contribute a track.
chrisdermo
/\/\/\ And dogoftears - excellent!
tIB
I'm game for a track...
chrisdermo
tIB wrote:
I'm game for a track...

Yes! applause
a100user
This may give me the impetus to actually write some new music
dogoftears
can i use my radiomusic modules?? w00t
adamon
I may shoot for the "most elaborate use of PT-Delay + COF only" category... a nice wiiiiide window for the deadline will be greeeeeaaat thumbs up nanners
indexofmetals
I'd definitely be interested!
T. Jervell
Excellent idea and initiative w00t
Started to work on something today. If it works out as planned I would love to contribute thumbs up
chrisdermo
Awesome this is kicking off with interest!

Dogoftears - I'd be inclined to say no..... I don't really want to restrict people's creativity but the project is very much to showcase the bug sound as it is, a sampler module I guess could be loaded with bug samples? However if you feel you absolutely need it then I can't really stop you seriously, i just don't get it having heard your music I wouldn't doubt your abilities to create something truly awesome with just bug sound sources thumbs up
BugBrand
I can't wait to see/hear what comes in - so exciting - & great thanks to Chris for instigating.
Hopefully I may even get a chance to contribute once I'm settled back in Bristol shortly.
chrisdermo
Awesome Tom!

Updating the first post - I'm going to take up mr dogoftears on his generous mastering offer. Once I have all the tracks and decide a sequence I'll send them over to him to work his magic.

Also putting in a note about multitracking, overdubbing and editing - I think it's hopefully implied but tracks made via multitracking,overdubbing and editing / splicing sections, riffs, sequences or whatever together that may not be 'performable' as such are totally fine, if that's the way you work. Just please don't create a microsound granular piece Mr. Green
fredguy
I'll offer up a track if there's space. w00t
chrisdermo
Awesome! I'm not thinking about space at the moment - considering the max length of a cassette is 90mins we should be covered.
tIB
Maybe I'll need to cut down my 92 minute epic...
chrisdermo
tIB wrote:
Maybe I'll need to cut down my 92 minute epic...

'radio edit'? hihi
chrisdermo
Ok round up so far:

'Confirmed':
Myself,
Ramases,
Dogoftears
tIB
indexofmetals
fredguy
T. Jervell
sandyb (emptynoises) (in touch through lines forum)
Phisynth
Otoscope

'Tentative':
/\/\/\/
a100user
adamon
Tom Bugs
batchas
a scanner darkly (in touch through lines forum)
Reality Checkpoint (pending chirper purchase)

If I can move any tentatives to the confirmed list let me know. If everyone listed submitted a 5min track we'd be up to 80mins. If we actually get this kind of response I would consider splitting into 2 tapes and maybe setting up a series of 1 or 2 a year. Just thoughts though, let's see how this first one goes.

I'm going to say a very tentative deadline now of April 16th.
indexofmetals
just sent you my track. all bug other than recorded through an old Tweed tube amp with 15" speaker in a barn.
otoskope
Too late to join? Really would like to contribute. Didn't see this until now.
/Palle
chrisdermo
otoskope wrote:
Too late to join? Really would like to contribute. Didn't see this until now.
/Palle

Of course not! The more the merrier!

First submission is in hyper and it's killer!
phisynth
submerged by work ATM, but don't want to let this opportunity pass, so l really want to try and contribute. Please move me to the 'confirmed' list It's peanut butter jelly time!
/\/\/\/
Confirmed if there's still space. Already super excited for this.
tron23
same here, just noticed the existence of this amazing thread. w00t
chrisdermo
Awesome, awesome and awesome! I'm going to rearrange the first post at some point today at put the contributors list up there.
chrisdermo
Submission 2 is in and also super awesome applause
First post has been updated.
Duplan
Hello all,
and thanks Chris for this initiative. you can count me in !!
chrisdermo
Duplan wrote:
Hello all,

Did you get the synthvoice from the muffs marketplace?
Duplan
chrisdermo wrote:
Duplan wrote:
Hello all,

Yes I did ! I also have Chirper / peq / ptdelay

Wish I could put everything in the same case now !
chrisdermo
Duplan wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
Duplan wrote:
Hello all,

Yes I did ! I also have Chirper / peq / ptdelay

Wish I could put everything in the same case now !

While having everything in a singular frame is nice from a power supply perspective, I know find myself wanting to move module positions around a lot to try get the best ergonomic layout Dead Banana those with the big ass old blue systems must spend entire days re-ordering their systems when they first get them!
chrisdermo
Mr Meng QI is joining the list of contributors through the lines forum. It's peanut butter jelly time!
bunkdata
Count me in as well! w00t Guinness ftw!
chrisdermo
bunkdata wrote:
Count me in as well! w00t Guinness ftw!

applause
miditerranean
Count me in too! Sounds like a great idea and am excited to join in on this great effort.

I have a 4-frame bomber system and a PT-Delay/DRM1 box as well.
phisynth
btw, are we allowed to use the BB morphing terrarium following the guidelines ?
chrisdermo
miditerranean wrote:
Count me in too! Sounds like a great idea and am excited to join in on this great effort.

I have a 4-frame bomber system and a PT-Delay/DRM1 box as well.

Awesome!
chrisdermo
phisynth wrote:
btw, are we allowed to use the BB morphing terrarium following the guidelines ?

Considering Tom built and sold those himself with his own twist on the design I should think so!
dogoftears
i'm definitely using my terrarium w00t
might be some weeks before i can concentrate on this, for sure will be ready by the deadline though.
batchas
I should have asked about the Terrarium before taking it out of the patch to record my track.
Though by missing this voice, I reinstalled the Weevil in the case and rediscovered it. Delighted by the Ring output! Recorded the session and sent to Chris w00t

And the DRM1, what a beast SlayerBadger!
batchas
batchas wrote:
And the DRM1, what a beast SlayerBadger!

This is DRM1 + Xpander + PT Delay yesterday. Nor ext. effects added. Direct out from BugBrand System.

I hope btw that you never listen to the stuff I post on your computer, but at a "reasonable" volume on decent boxes.

Listen to the AIFF file.

If it was my compil. I’d take this one for the outro hihi

EDIT: "reasonable" meaning "show your neighbours that you exist" SlayerBadger! Mr. Green
chrisdermo
Haha! your submission just blew my head off! SlayerBadger! (In a very GOOD way)
The above recording is seriously awesome too we're not worthy

That's 3 submissions so far, all completely different styles. EXCITING!
batchas
Merci Chris and many thanks for the initiative of this compilation.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the DRM1 was going through the VCA / Drive. Drive set on "Hard".
phisynth
batchas wrote:

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the DRM1 was going through the VCA / Drive. Drive set on "Hard".

Of course, is there any other way ? hihi thumbs up
thermisonic
Count me in. The glorious limitation of using only DRM, PEQ, Spring Tanker and PT Delay is too good to resist.

Rob Walker
chrisdermo
thermisonic wrote:
Count me in. The glorious limitation of using only DRM, PEQ, Spring Tanker and PT Delay is too good to resist.

Rob Walker

Looking forward to hearing that!
tIB
Great to see sandyb's name added to the list - great musician, a true gent and still rocking the bug.

Been working on something this morning and just checking the rules on post processing before hopefully getting something down...
chrisdermo
tIB wrote:
Great to see sandyb's name added to the list - great musician, a true gent and still rocking the bug.

Been working on something this morning and just checking the rules on post processing before hopefully getting something down...

Yeah really looking forward to his contribution. To everyone's!
I've been really digging wet-heavy spring tanker + pt delay sounds this past 2 weeks so my contribution will probably end up featuring them heavily.

scanner darkly set up a rather tasty looking 4 frames to make a track
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9I9x9ggaV/?hl=en
numan7
ah man, sandyb is contributing? that's awesome. but....

i was planning on making up some excuse about me not being able to do anything even remotely musical for the past several months or so (being more into just listening to sounds these days than anything music-related - or so i say). but now i guess i'll need to come with something decently musical -

perhaps i can transform the roaring and the howling (which i do quite enjoy) of the 'double peq-er weevil' patch i've had up for the past couple of weeks into something a bit more like singing. we shall see...

cheers
chrisdermo
numan7 wrote:
ah man, sandyb is contributing? that's awesome. but....

i was planning on making up some excuse about me not being able to do anything even remotely musical for the past several months or so (being more into just listening to sounds these days than anything music-related - or so i say). but now i guess i'll need to come with something decently musical -

perhaps i can transform the roaring and the howling (which i do quite enjoy) of the 'double peq-er weevil' patch i've had up for the past couple of weeks into something a bit more like singing. we shall see...

cheers

Pfft music is overrated thumbs up
batchas
chrisdermo wrote:
scanner darkly set up a rather tasty looking 4 frames to make a track
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9I9x9ggaV/?hl=en

Why I was criticizing instagram or avoiding (due to the internet connection we pay for in south of france):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQazZKuMD1E
phisynth
numan7 wrote:
not being able to do anything even remotely musical for the past several months or so (being more into just listening to sounds these days than anything music-related

Looks like we are on the same boat Dead Banana
KNYST
Lovely. I'm in. (Thanks for the heads up, Chris!) Guinness ftw!
chrisdermo
KNYST wrote:
Lovely. I'm in. (Thanks for the heads up, Chris!) Guinness ftw!

Ah excellent!
chrisdermo
Submission 4 is in! Another killer track w00t
laserpalace
I'm down cool
chrisdermo
laserpalace wrote:
I'm down cool

Awesome - added to list.

I'm thinking the vast majority of people are going to be submitting tracks right at the last possible moment before the deadline right? I know I am.
phisynth
chrisdermo wrote:

I'm thinking the vast majority of people are going to be submitting tracks right at the last possible moment before the deadline right? I know I am.

hihi I have a finished track, but I'm almost sure I can do a much better one in the allowed timeframe, so I prefer to wait for this to happen before submitting hihi
chrisdermo
phisynth wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:

hihi I have a finished track, but I'm almost sure I can do a much better one in the allowed timeframe, so I prefer to wait for this to happen before submitting hihi

Excited to hear! I'm still making my way through your youtube videos.... I should probably make a playlist of all the Bugbrand ones as it's quite hard to sort through which ones I've already watched - I'm probably missing a trick somewhere.
dogoftears
im gonna make my piece next week-- bit busy throwing an event in the mojave desert this weekend!
tIB
Back to the drawing board for me I think...
SPIKE the Percussionist
Just stumbled across this post!

Please count me in.

Great idea!

I have several BugBrand noiz weapons and I find the challenge intriguing.
chrisdermo
SPIKE the Percussionist wrote:

Please count me in.

Great idea!

On the list MY ASS IS BLEEDING
SPIKE the Percussionist
chrisdermo wrote:

Please count me in.

Great idea!

AWESOME.
Thanks!

I gathered all of the Bug weaponry together to begin designing things...
twisted

chrisdermo
chrisdermo wrote:

Please count me in.

Great idea!

AWESOME.
Thanks!

I gathered all of the Bug weaponry together to begin designing things...
twisted

HELL YEAH!! Just the AW08 and BC08 are a dream team. Looking forward to hearing what you make
chrisdermo
Also submission #5 is in! w00t
Duplan
When's that deadline again ?
chrisdermo
Duplan wrote:
When's that deadline again ?

April 16th (all info is in the first post)
Duplan
My track will be something like this I guess...

https://soundcloud.com/duplan/labramaure-tompagan-grove
chrisdermo
Duplan wrote:
My track will be something like this I guess...

https://soundcloud.com/duplan/labramaure-tompagan-grove

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
chrisdermo
Submission 6 from sandyb is in! If you ever wondered what 4 ptdelays in series would sound like you're in for a treat! zombie
T. Jervell
chrisdermo wrote:
Submission 6 from sandyb is in! If you ever wondered what 4 ptdelays in series would sound like you're in for a treat! zombie

Damn!! Looking forward thumbs up SlayerBadger!
phisynth
chrisdermo wrote:

Having 3 PT delays (2 blue & 1 red) I can imagine the kind of mayhem going out of this indeed
tIB
My entry should be winging its way to you... let me know if any issues w00t
chrisdermo
tIB wrote:

Awesome, tIB this track is mindblowing! hyper
Wow, what a journey!

If some people could please UNDERSHOOT the 5min limit that'd be great hihi only 2 submissions so far are under 5mins in length. A snappy 2-3min pop song perhaps hihi
tIB
chrisdermo wrote:
tIB wrote:

Awesome, tIB this track is mindblowing! hyper
Wow, what a journey!

Happy you like it - it took some bending into a structure but it kind of got there in the end...
SPIKE the Percussionist
hey ya chrisdermo...

i sent a link to my noiz for the comp a day or so ago.

i hope it's not too far off from the provided guidelines.
twisted

anyhow...PM me and let me know if there are any issues if so.

thanks!
chrisdermo
hey ya chrisdermo...

i sent a link to my noiz for the comp a day or so ago.

i hope it's not too far off from the provided guidelines.
twisted

anyhow...PM me and let me know if there are any issues if so.

thanks!

My laptop charger bit the dust yesterday so Ive been computerless since, new one should arrive tomorrow - just checked the inbox looks like there's two new submissions! w00t
Will check over files tomorrow, Excited!
adamon
Pulled bugs off shelf, plugged in, making noise. Will record, will submit!

Looking forward to hearing this!
chrisdermo
David Salter - submission received. I have no idea what your muffs username is though and I appear to be blocked from replying to your email! Let me know who you are and I'll move you on to the submitted list.

Just under 2 weeks to go people!
a100user
Hi Chris

David Salter = A100user thumbs up
chrisdermo
a100user wrote:
Hi Chris

David Salter = A100user thumbs up

Ah-ha! thumbs up
chrisdermo
Submission #10 is in from Meng Qi love
dogoftears
i finished mine, just gonna test it out in the car and a couple other places before submitting.

managed to use nearly all my BugStuff. StComp and Dual PEQ on the master bus. i even used my pair of COF's for insert FX (in mid/side no less!)... PT delay and spring tanker on sends.

was hard to stay away from borg and boogie filters, as well as the lorre mill doubleknot, but i managed w00t

the only non bug thing used is my friends reverb plug in for some tails post capture. also i used my cirklon clocked by the computer to clock the modular patch, that way i could record multiple takes and edit together the best parts seamlessly (no overdubs, though).
chrisdermo
dogoftears wrote:
i finished mine, just gonna test it out in the car and a couple other places before submitting.

managed to use nearly all my BugStuff. StComp and Dual PEQ on the master bus. i even used my pair of COF's for insert FX (in mid/side no less!)... PT delay and spring tanker on sends.

was hard to stay away from borg and boogie filters, as well as the lorre mill doubleknot, but i managed w00t

the only non bug thing used is my friends reverb plug in for some tails post capture. also i used my cirklon clocked by the computer to clock the modular patch, that way i could record multiple takes and edit together the best parts seamlessly (no overdubs, though).

Ah the old car test! I can't wait to hear this sounds like a bug extravaganza! I'm starting mine today. Will definitely be doing something similar regarding sync for editing purposes, and post processing. I will probably do overdubs for drum sounds I reckon. Time to get stuck in!
chrisdermo
Submission #11 from Mr Tom Bugs himself! Guinness ftw!
Be Sandy?
tIB wrote:

Thank you Mr tIB.

Not sure you'll think the same way when you actually hear the nonsense I submitted ;-)
a100user
Be Sandy? wrote:
tIB wrote:

Thank you Mr tIB.

Not sure you'll think the same way when you actually hear the nonsense I submitted ;-)

Hey Sandy, you back or just popping in?
chrisdermo
Submission #12 is in!
Be Sandy?
a100user wrote:

Hello smile

Not sure really. Might hang out in the Bugbrand section a bit but doubt I'll go much further than that.

Nice to see some people I remember on the compilation list.
a100user
Be Sandy? wrote:
a100user wrote:

Hello smile

Not sure really. Might hang out in the Bugbrand section a bit but doubt I'll go much further than that.

Good to have you around Sandy, however long that’ll be thumbs up
chrisdermo
Submission #13 is in w00t
chrisdermo
Submission 14 is in! Gotta say I'm really pleased how well this has turned out so far! applause
tIB
a100user wrote:
Be Sandy? wrote:
a100user wrote:

Hello smile

Good to have you around Sandy, however long that’ll be thumbs up

I echo this sentiment (with 4 PT delays hihi )
Reality Checkpoint
Sandy back?

Oh now that has really made my day. Happiness abounds!

Very much looking forward to this. (Although I wish Tom would crank up that production line!)
weinglas
What a fine list of gentleman! thumbs up

Even Sandy is back love Hi!

And what a gread idea. Thank you Chris applause

Maybe you all have nothing against me joining you and making some old school (harsh) noises. I can reassure you my piece won't have any melodies and I bet it will be made on the smallest Bugbrand "system" here hihi
chrisdermo
weinglas wrote:
What a fine list of gentleman! thumbs up

Even Sandy is back love Hi!

And what a gread idea. Thank you Chris applause

Maybe you all have nothing against me joining you and making some old school (harsh) noises. I can reassure you my piece won't have any melodies and I bet it will be made on the smallest Bugbrand "system" here hihi

Hey Claus! Sure, didn't know you had any Bugs! Looking forward to hearing what you make.
chrisdermo
Submission 15 in from weinglas!
phisynth
Wow, That was fast applause
weinglas
phisynth wrote:
Wow, That was fast applause

Thanks. The secret is: I already recorded it yesterday oops

The both of us on a release together with all those great people, many of them I know for years: I really had to find a way to get some sounds of my two red boxes wink
phisynth
Hug
Chugging Beers
what boxes do you have ?
weinglas
phisynth wrote:
Hug
Chugging Beers
what boxes do you have ?

Only delay and tanker! hihi
Endless feedback possibilities nanners

And: Drinking
chrisdermo
And it sounds awesome!
chrisdermo
Just a gentle reminder to all the initial deadline is looming this Monday. If you really can't make that but definitely want to be involved please send me a PM.
chrisdermo
Deadline tomorrow folks. Still waiting on 7-10 ish submissions, please get in touch if you're not going to make it or desperately need an extension!
indexofmetals
really looking forward to this compilation. I bet there's a wide variety of bug flavours.
thermisonic
Hi sorry I haven't submitted, the day job got crazy - I would love a one day extension to finish a track but totally understand if you want to push ahead without me.

Rob
chrisdermo
Tracks in from nilssonperanders & KNYST and tracks from thermisonic, miditerranean, laserpalace and DickMarker expected very soon.

Starting to PM those from the confirmed list without submission/communication yet.

We are at 85mins of submitted tracks so far. Once I have everything in I'll have a chat with Richard who's embarking on this label venture with me and decide how to proceed. No doubt we will have more than 90mins of audio so it may be the case that we either split into 2 releases, or do a double album, or make some of the tracks digital only. Our first releases are coming out at the start of may so we may need to gauge interest/sales before committing to a double cassette, as it would cost both us and the customer twice the amount. Mulling it over.

Thanks everyone that's submitted so far!

Oh and also - there is a great mix of styles to the submissions, with a very clear underlying characteristic that I kind of didn't expect to be so prevalent - great! I'm stoked Mr. Green
DickMarker
You got mail
chrisdermo
DickMarker wrote:
You got mail

I do! laserpalace and DickMarker have submitted some excellent tracks w00t
DickMarker
chrisdermo wrote:
DickMarker wrote:
You got mail

I do! laserpalace and DickMarker have submitted some excellent tracks w00t

Looking forward to hearing the fruits of your labour.
thermisonic
My submission should be in your email - devices were:

DRM-1
PT Delay 2015
Spring tanker
PEQ

No sequencer or keyboard

Some Pro Tools for multitracking, basic editing and light dusting of FX.

And I didn't switch the Akai, 202 or Boss delays on, promise.

chrisdermo
thermisonic wrote:
My submission should be in your email - devices were:

DRM-1
PT Delay 2015
Spring tanker
PEQ

MY ASS IS BLEEDING sounds great!
Be Sandy?
Hello smile
Reality Checkpoint
weinglas

I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's tracks.
polyroy
Stoked to see this is happening. A hell of a lot of talent in one compilation, so will keep my ears peeled.
chrisdermo
For anyone interested, the label launched today.

https://0prmusic.bandcamp.com/

2 albums released -

ET I is Richard's (label partner) - an album of live performed drum machine workouts using Vermona, Jomox, Cyclone Analogic and Moog gear with the beatstep pro as his sequencer. Polyrhythms and non Roland style sounds aplenty!

Dr. S is my project - an album of primitive drone synths and primitive drum machines making a kind of industrial dub I guess. Based mostly around the Grendel Drone Commander as clock source for a LEP multicassa and lots of fx and sequencers, all performed live then edited down. Track 5 and the end of track 6 have Boardweevil2012 as clock master, with the crossover filter making appearances across the record (gear nerds can check individual track pages for info).

Regarding the Bug comp - a few people are submitting this weekend, after which I can concentrate on what's going to go where etc.... we have at least 2/3 more releases to get out before the Bugcomp but hopefully it will be ready in a couple of months depending of course on dogoftears' availability as well.
dogoftears
enjoying both of these releases, nice stuff!

chrisdermo wrote:
For anyone interested, the label launched today.

2 albums released -

ET I is Richard's (label partner) - an album of live performed drum machine workouts using Vermona, Jomox, Cyclone Analogic and Moog gear with the beatstep pro as his sequencer. Polyrhythms and non Roland style sounds aplenty!

Dr. S is my project - an album of primitive drone synths and primitive drum machines making a kind of industrial dub I guess. Based mostly around the Grendel Drone Commander as clock source for a LEP multicassa and lots of fx and sequencers, all performed live then edited down. Track 5 and the end of track 6 have Boardweevil2012 as clock master, with the crossover filter making appearances across the record (gear nerds can check individual track pages for info).

Regarding the Bug comp - a few people are submitting this weekend, after which I can concentrate on what's going to go where etc.... we have at least 2/3 more releases to get out before the Bugcomp but hopefully it will be ready in a couple of months depending of course on dogoftears' availability as well.
chrisdermo
dogoftears wrote:
enjoying both of these releases, nice stuff!

Ah thanks glad people are enjoying them! Thanks to Phi, Sandy & Trond for purchases w00t
phisynth
You're welcome, pleasure is all mine w00t

Busy listening now, these release kick ass !

Only respectively 4 and 5 physical copies remaining - just saying Mr. Green
indexofmetals
even less copies left now
chrisdermo
Thanks Richard!
I added 2 more Dr S to stock and there will be a few more ET tapes at least, but yeah they've been selling ok Mr. Green
weinglas
chrisdermo wrote:
Thanks Richard!
I added 2 more Dr S to stock and there will be a few more ET tapes at least, but yeah they've been selling ok Mr. Green

And I thought I invested in rare limited edition tapes Dead Banana

Great releases. Looks like a successful start of your label. Congrats applause
chrisdermo
weinglas wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
Thanks Richard!

And I thought I invested in rare limited edition tapes Dead Banana

Great releases. Looks like a successful start of your label. Congrats applause

Haha! It's not that sinister I just miscounted stock.... 3 left of each now. I'm not a print once and never again kind of guy either - there's tons of tapes of bandcamp out of stock that I wish would get a re-print! If there's any demand we'll do more in the future.
Thanks for the purchase Weinglas! The Dr S album was inspired by our metasonix d1000 / drone commander talks hihi
chrisdermo
Submissions are officially closed for Volumes I & II. A couple of people didn't get to submit on time but I think it's only fair to the rest of you that we get this moving.

Oh, yeah, we're going to do this as 2 tapes. Not sure if they'll be released simultaneously or one first followed by another a little later. I'm totally overwhelmed by the response and the sheer volume of submissions, the job now is making sense of the submissions to compile into a pair of nice releases....

Those that didn't send any patch notes with their submissions but wish to do so please do whenever you can.

If anyone made any video footage of their piece please send over - we'll use it for promo clips.

Ah, yes, I would like to request that if anyone has some high res glamour shots of their bugs please send through to the 0premail@gmail.com address, we are trying to get ideas / make a nice collage for the artwork. As artsy or as utilitarian as you like. thumbs up
Be Sandy?
chrisdermo wrote:

Oh, yeah, we're going to do this as 2 tapes. Not sure if they'll be released simultaneously or one first followed by another a little later. I'm totally overwhelmed by the response and the sheer volume of submissions, the job now is making sense of the submissions to compile into a pair of nice releases....

That's great that you got such a good response.

Obviously I haven't heard the submissions apart from my one, but I wonder whether they would divide well into those that are more rhythmic/beat-driven and those that are not?
chrisdermo
those lines are incredibly blurred on a lot of tracks hihi
Heading for a balance of styles on each tape instead thumbs up
Be Sandy?
chrisdermo wrote:
those lines are incredibly blurred on a lot of tracks hihi
Heading for a balance of styles on each tape instead thumbs up

Yes. I presumed I was being a bit simplistic!
dogoftears
how we doin on this? my schedule has recently become quite relaxed, nowish would be a great time to do the mastering. plus i heard my track while jogging this morning and it was awesome, i want to hear everyone elses work!
chrisdermo
dogoftears wrote:
how we doin on this? my schedule has recently become quite relaxed, nowish would be a great time to do the mastering. plus i heard my track while jogging this morning and it was awesome, i want to hear everyone elses work!

I'll pm you
chrisdermo
Right an update for you patient folks......

We have sent our next 3 releases off to get approval tapes made, which includes a (non Bugbrand) compilation that features our very own Phisynth and Wein Glas alongside other very good musicians. Getting to this point has taken so much longer than expected due to various personal life issues and work life for myself and Richard.
I feel I have to apologise for the delay as you all submitted quite a long time ago now, but please know it is not due to our laziness! These things just happen in life.

Anyway, the two bug comps are the next releases on the agenda. One of the issues I mention was actually my computer dying - not an issue as I have all of your submissions on the cloud, however I did lose my own track and Palle's video (I'll message you about this). So right now I'm trying to give myself a kick up the ass to make a new track and then I'm sending everything to dogoftears for mastering and help with figuring out the track listing as I've been struggling to come up with a winner so far - it's a long process to check 2 1 hour playlists each time and rearrange between them. Hoping to send before the week is out.
T. Jervell
Thank you for the update Chris! Don’t worry about the delay, these things happen thumbs up
Sad to hear that you lost your track, but I’m sure you’ll make a new amazing one SlayerBadger!

Again, thanks for the update, and have a nice weekend Guinness ftw!
otoskope
Yes, no worries. In my field (academia) books and journals take three years to be published. smile And I can send you the video file again - just let me know exactly what you lost.
/Palle
Duplan
Thanks for your work and good luck with everything !
chrisdermo
For anyone interested, our next 3 releases came out today, which means the bugbrand compilation tapes are in line for our next set of releases.

The comp we released today contains one of the tracks phisynth submitted for the bugbrand comp and is absolute riot of bug fun! A few other wigglers also on the comp - all modular set ups and with no eurorack in sight!

0prmusic.bandcamp.com
phisynth
w00t w00t w00t

Thanks so much Chris, they all sound killer ! Honoured to be part of this
weinglas
chrisdermo wrote:
For anyone interested, our next 3 releases came out today, which means the bugbrand compilation tapes are in line for our next set of releases.

The comp we released today contains one of the tracks phisynth submitted for the bugbrand comp and is absolute riot of bug fun! A few other wigglers also on the comp - all modular set ups and with no eurorack in sight!

0prmusic.bandcamp.com

Amazing releases from an awesome label we're not worthy

I am honored to be part of the compilation with phisynth and all these other fine gentlemen love
ginorobair
I would like to offer up a Bug track for the compilation if there is space...
G
chrisdermo
ginorobair wrote:
G

I'm sorry to say that space is something we have well and truly run out of for these first two Bug compilation tapes. We have 2 hours of audio going over 2 tapes. Depending on how well these do there's a good chance we'll do a third in the future.
ginorobair
Thanks for the note: No problem -- I totally understand. And I look forward to hearing the first two tapes of Bug music!

chrisdermo wrote:
ginorobair wrote:
G

I'm sorry to say that space is something we have well and truly run out of for these first two Bug compilation tapes. We have 2 hours of audio going over 2 tapes. Depending on how well these do there's a good chance we'll do a third in the future.
Duplan
hyper #metoo
weinglas
weinglas wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:

0prmusic.bandcamp.com

Amazing releases from an awesome label we're not worthy

I am honored to be part of the compilation with phisynth and all these other fine gentlemen love

And the compilation tape is already sold out. So grab the other two releases fast while they are still available. An awesome and successful label! https://0prmusic.bandcamp.com/

Congrats applause
chrisdermo
weinglas wrote:

And the compilation tape is already sold out. So grab the other two releases fast while they are still available. An awesome and successful label! https://0prmusic.bandcamp.com/

Congrats applause

Thanks Wein Glas! Sold pretty quick, a good omen for the future I hope.
chrisdermo
Trying to get an idea of volumes to order, now that this has become a 2 tape extravaganza the cost has doubled..... please answer the poll in the first post!

There are 25 track contributors so depending on answers to the poll I'm wavering between 30 - 40 copies of each one.

Cost is looking to be £6.50 per tape (so £13 for the set) + postage which is charged at

UK: £1.20 for 1 tape, £2.20 for 2
EU: £3.00 for 1 tape, £4.50 for 2
USA/Elsewhere : £4.00 for 1 tape, £5.50 for 2

If anyone actually wanted more than 1 of each let me know.
T. Jervell
Of course I want to buy both!
Can’t wait to hear what you girls/guys have made with your bug-setup!! SlayerBadger!
jjsynth
I'm interested in both.
lud
I'll buy both tapes Chris for sure (curious bystander)
sungja
I wan tboth and also other stuff you have going. Had a quick listen to the cosmic calls release and loved it.
chrisdermo
sungja wrote:
I wan tboth and also other stuff you have going. Had a quick listen to the cosmic calls release and loved it.

Ah thanks! That's my album. Only 2 copies left of that and we won't be getting it re-pressed at the same time as the bug comp (if ever) - so if you wanted the tape I'd recommend going for it hihi
sungja
Oh i want it! How far off do you think the bug tapes are?
T. Jervell
Yes the CC album is great Chris! Nice work. Listened to it yesterday while hiking in the montains, worked great with the scenery.

Actually I’ve got all the releases from 0PR and they are all great thumbs up
chrisdermo
sungja wrote:
Oh i want it! How far off do you think the bug tapes are?

Quite a way yet - certainly not before the CC tapes sell out. Got to co ordinate a few different people's busy schedules to get the final few things in place.
sungja
So it will help picking up the cc tape? lol
chrisdermo
sungja wrote:

Yup hihi assuming that was you that just purchased! Thanks!
a100user
chrisdermo wrote:
sungja wrote:

Now no CC tapes left (y)
chrisdermo
a100user wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:
sungja wrote:

Now no CC tapes left (y)

Thanks David! Mr. Green
Be Sandy?
chrisdermo wrote:
Trying to get an idea of volumes to order, now that this has become a 2 tape extravaganza the cost has doubled..... please answer the poll in the first post!

I'd like two of each tape please Chris.

Can't wait to hear it!
chrisdermo
Be Sandy? wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:

I'd like two of each tape please Chris.

Can't wait to hear it!

Awesome thanks Sandy
lud
Sounds like it might sell out as quickly as the DRM2
indexofmetals
i'll take one of each
southphillysynths
I will buy any tapes you got!
phisynth
Will do (buy both) w00t
weinglas
I'll take one of each screaming goo yo
a100user
I answered the survey but just to be clear I want both tapes please Chris
Vcoadsr
Same goes for me too (both please) thumbs up
tron23
a100user wrote:
I answered the survey but just to be clear I want both tapes please Chris

Same here! Guinness ftw!
otoskope
Answered the poll, but yes, both please! smile
/Palle
chrisdermo
Thanks everyone that's filled it out. I'm thinking we'll probably get 40 of each tape done.
sungja
Got the cc tape today and gotta say i am really impressed by the quality. I was expecting some lofi cheap homemade tapes, but could not be more wrong. All materials used are topnotch and offcourse the music is excellent. I will buy all the tapes you got Chris and can not wait for the bugbrand comp. Thankz!

Guinness ftw!
chrisdermo
sungja wrote:
Got the cc tape today and gotta say i am really impressed by the quality. I was expecting some lofi cheap homemade tapes, but could not be more wrong. All materials used are topnotch and offcourse the music is excellent. I will buy all the tapes you got Chris and can not wait for the bugbrand comp. Thankz!

Guinness ftw!

Ah thanks Sungja! Yeah we put a lot of work into making a nice quality physical object with our tapes, and with this last batch have found a factory that gives excellent sonic results too!
Was slightly worried that recording to a crappy microcassette recorder, laying back to digital for EQ and levelling then back onto cassette for manufacture would be far too much lofi to sound good, but I think the tape actually ended up sounding better than the digital version! Rockin' Banana!
chrisdermo
Finalised tracklist has been added to the first post - PLEASE CHECK yours has been spelled correctly and capitals/punctuation etc are all as you intended, you have a little window to let me know if this isn't correct!

BugBrand Blue:

A1) Tom Bugs - Bomb Tugs
A2) Sono-N - Whereabouts 1
A3) Richard Quirk - Lightcycle Dance
A4) Entrancer - Mara
A5) Alba Eddison - Sinistar Waltz
A6) Otoskope - Tenpo Jaki
A7) Melfi - Ferro

B1) David Salter - Waking From Hibernation
B2) tron23 - nightbug
B3) Duplan - Kampong Juara
B4) Meng Qi - Rainbug
B5) /\/\/\/ - Bound
B6) Mark Dicker - Here's To Swimmin' With Bucktoothed Chickens

BugBrand Red:

A1) Trond Jervell - Wobbly Munk
A2) Bunk Data - Odonata
A3) Miditerranean - Bumble
A4) CC - Flying Weevil
A5) A.C. Lyon - Blue Mammals
A6) Phisynth - Bleu Electrique

B1) KNYST - Embraced
B2) Wein Glas - The Delayed Church Of Wine In Spring
B3) Astrogenic Hallucinauting - Panpsyschisms Locator
B4) Batchas - The Hunt
B5) tIB - Locito
B6) Lev Kowalczwk - Noise Impulse and Delays
T. Jervell
Thanks for the update Chris! I really like the blue/red distinction of the two tapes, very clever thumbs up
Looking forward to listen to both w00t
chrisdermo
T. Jervell wrote:
Thanks for the update Chris! I really like the blue/red distinction of the two tapes, very clever thumbs up

thumbs up just to be clear the names of the tapes bear no indication of the modules used by the artists on each one, just thought it'd be good to bring the dual colour nature of the designs through to the comps thumbs up
a100user
Looking forward to these Chris. Do you have a rough idea of timescales yet?

Also love the colour coding of the two volumes.
chrisdermo
I will say probably in time for Christmas. we will be getting the audio and artwork nailed down this month hopefully, I'm away for the whole of November for a trip around Vietnam and Cambodia so if all goes to plan we can have them made up end of November / start of December, assuming test tapes are sounding and looking good!
T. Jervell
chrisdermo wrote:
T. Jervell wrote:

thumbs up just to be clear the names of the tapes bear no indication of the modules used by the artists on each one, just thought it'd be good to bring the dual colour nature of the designs through to the comps thumbs up

Hehe, yes I understood. I guess my choice of words was a bit odd. hihi
chrisdermo
tron23 - nightbug
track updated in first post
chrisdermo
A.C. Lyon - Blue Mammals
updated in first post
chrisdermo
Tracklist as in the first post with spellings/punctuation is finalised!
SPIKE the Percussionist
chrisdermo wrote:
Tracklist as in the first post with spellings/punctuation is finalised!

evil w00t
chrisdermo
Ok, delays occurred as usual, but GOOD NEWS. I fired off the tape order this morning. Once the proof tapes are back and approved I'll be putting in for the production run and setting up a preorder to ensure you guys can all get your orders in before the rest.

Thanks for everyone's patience once again, if the manufacturers pull this off the same as our last batch I'm confident you'll all be very happy with the results, it's a very attractive looking package!
T. Jervell
chrisdermo wrote:
Ok, delays occurred as usual, but GOOD NEWS. I fired off the tape order this morning. Once the proof tapes are back and approved I'll be putting in for the production run and setting up a preorder to ensure you guys can all get your orders in before the rest.

Thanks for everyone's patience once again, if the manufacturers pull this off the same as our last batch I'm confident you'll all be very happy with the results, it's a very attractive looking package!

Hooray!!! This is great news Chris!!
Thank you for the update nanners
a100user
chrisdermo wrote:

Really good to hear Chris, looking forward to hearing the diversity of the Bug
Be Sandy?
New Year Bugs smile

Thanks for all the work on these Chris.
thermisonic
Excited to hear it!
phisynth
Great way to start the new year SlayerBadger!

Thanks a lot for making this possible thumbs up
tron23
Super exciting. Guinness ftw!
weinglas
Thanks for all your work on this Chris we're not worthy
otoskope
Great news! Looking forward! Thanks for all your efforts!
/Palle
Kafgee
looking forward nanners
chrisdermo
Alright guys and gals. The tapes arrived today, but as timing would have it I have to fly to New York tomorrow morning for work for the coming week. So I won't be able to post any out until the week following that. However I'm going to open preorders to all Bug forum users now so you guys will be the first to get theirs once we start shipping.

BugBrand Blue and BugBrand Red are both C60 tapes, with full colour onbody printing, gloss card stock j cards with printing on both sides and house in cream coloured jewel cases.

Please pay close attention to the following instructions for preorder.

Each tape costs £6.50 (so £13 for a pair).
Shipping costs are:

UK: £1.20 for one tape + £1 extra per each additional tape.
EU: £3 for one tape + £1.50 extra per each additional tape.
Rest of world: £4 for one tape + £1.50 per each additional tape.

the four artwork panel pcbs created by tom that we had spare are now spoken for.

PayPal to chrislem56@gmail.com and MAKE SURE you put your muffwiggler username and your real name and shipping address in the PayPal comment.
a100user
Paid, Chris

Soooooooooo excited to get to hear what everyone contributed
phisynth
Pm'd

Looking badass !
Vcoadsr
Paid too - great to finally see this project realised!
chrisdermo
Gratefully received all!
Phisynth has claimed one of the red artwork panels so that's 1 red and 2 blue left.
chrisdermo
Blue art panels have gone to Trond and Richard.

Just 1 red panel left.
BugBrand
Super super!
Great work getting this together and very glad to have played a small part. I'll try to post a pic of the PCB covers - they're nice memory objects!

Excited to listen!
chrisdermo
Last red panel has gone to reality checkpoint.

More detailed pics etc will be forthcoming when the bandcamp page is finished being set up. Keep the orders coming in!
Be Sandy?
Just paid for my copies.
They look great Chris and Tom!
Really looking forward to hearing what everyone has come up with.
miditerranean
Got my order in too. The tapes look really great! Thank you!
dogoftears
yo yo bug forum!
been taking an extended break from muffs for various reason not having to do with this subforum-- but thought id check in to say "fuck yeah!" cus i'm excited about the release of this comp.

i had a great time mastering everyones work, i hope you all enjoy it and are satisfied with how your track sounds. if you really like the work and are interested in collaborating with me for a future release, please do not be afraid to get in touch-- dog AT xexify DOT com

you can also find me on facebook-- david chaim cohen.

great music, can't wait to hear how the cassette sounds!
Duplan
Looking forward to hear what you did with my track haha !

Order passed ! Thanx again Chris ! we're not worthy

dogoftears wrote:
yo yo bug forum!
been taking an extended break from muffs for various reason not having to do with this subforum-- but thought id check in to say "fuck yeah!" cus i'm excited about the release of this comp.

i had a great time mastering everyones work, i hope you all enjoy it and are satisfied with how your track sounds. if you really like the work and are interested in collaborating with me for a future release, please do not be afraid to get in touch-- dog AT xexify DOT com

you can also find me on facebook-- david chaim cohen.

great music, can't wait to hear how the cassette sounds!
tron23
Same here, order placed. Can't wait for those beautiful tapes. Guinness ftw!
KNYST
Paid! Guinness ftw!
Smokey
Are the cassettes still available?
chrisdermo
Smokey wrote:
Are the cassettes still available?

Yep, so far 44/100 are spoken for.
laserpalace
chrisdermo
Curious if these will see a digital release as well? Maybe it was already mentioned in the thread but I overlooked it. Thanks again for your work, the tapes look amazing.
chrisdermo
laserpalace wrote:
chrisdermo
Curious if these will see a digital release as well? Maybe it was already mentioned in the thread but I overlooked it. Thanks again for your work, the tapes look amazing.

Yeah, download will be free when it's up on bandcamp.
phisynth
Interested in a digital version as well, my tape player has a constant hiss on one channel - very annoying (yes I did clean the heads seriously, i just don't get it )
shred
chrisdermo wrote:
laserpalace wrote:
chrisdermo

Yeah, download will be free when it's up on bandcamp.

applause awesome!
my tape player kicked the bucket about a year ago but very much looking forward to hearing this.
chrisdermo
Noticing quite a few contributors still not got in pre-orders. I'm putting together the first round of shipping tonight so the sooner they are in the better!
chrisdermo
Ok preorders are all packaged and being sent out tomorrow morning.

You can still preorder up until Friday when the bandcamp will likely go live.
chrisdermo
Posted today:

Matt Hartman, David Salter, Phil Bilsby, Richard Quirk, Tom Bugs, Trond Jervell, Sandy, Michael Moline, Nathan Larson, Philippe Jelli, Simon Rata, David Cohen, Maxime Biosse Duplan, R. Harrison, Angelo Ioakimoglou, Kristen Bentzen, Torbjorn Bellind, Matthew Beck, Palle Dahlstedt, Claus Niegsch,

Arrivals should be well within or under these limits but as an idea for timings:

UK - Give it 2-3 working days
EU - Give it 7-10 working days
US/WW - Give it 7-14 working days

w00t
chrisdermo
By the way over half the stock has gone on these first orders! w00t
tron23
Thank you Chris, need to go check if the deck is still operational. hihi
Be Sandy?
chrisdermo wrote:
Posted today:...

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Thanks Chris.
If I'm lucky they should arrive for some weekend listening.
T. Jervell
Hurra!! w00t
Thanks Chris, looking forward nanners
a100user

Thanks Chris Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
chrisdermo
Nice! Seems like all UK folks received either yesterday or today. I've had 3 more preorders that I'll be posting out tomorrow, if all goes to plan the bandcamp page will go live at some point tomorrow or Saturday.
lud
Received mine yesterday thanks Chris. Listened to the blue cassette last night and it sounded fantastic, loved the cohesion and contrast. Excellent production all round
chrisdermo
Bandcamp is now live

Huge massive heartfelt thanks to everyone that contributed and made this possible, to Tom for allowing us to use the name and contributing some stunning artwork, and to Dave who provided the essential audio glue to turn these compilations into a coherent well-considered release.

If you pre-ordered and need a code to add this to your bandcamp 'collection' PM me, otherwise you can get a free download by simply entering '0' in the pay what you like box.

If any contributors feel so inclined to share the links via their social media outlets it would be much appreciated. We'll be adding some audio & video content to instagram over the next week.
chrisdermo
oh and btw I haven't collated the information on each track provided by contributors yet. When I get a spare moment I'll get that together and add the info to the individual track pages
Duplan
DAYUM the blue tape is amazing. Haven't listened to the red one yet but man..

Such various styles and methods of playing... But quality and exigence all over.

I particularly dig the compositions of Tom Bugs, Richard Quirk, David Salter, /\/\/\/ !

applause and thanks again Chris love
phisynth
received the tapes (and the gorgeous art panel love) today Rockin' Banana!

Great work guys !!

/\/\/\/
^^ great photo.

Really cool microcosm from such diverse sources. Looking forward to track notes and checking out links to contributors' music!
batchas
Looks very very nice indeed SlayerBadger!

Thanx Chris thumbs up

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYcGpCknlMo
DickMarker
Just had a listen through on the bandcamp page - really cool mix of material. Good job everyone, and especially Chris for curating this.
radin
Great project and very nice release. Just purchased both cassettes from bandcamp. Well done.
YE'OLDE BOY
Great job done well.
guess my tape will be here in time for next weekend so I'll look forward to that.
thumbs up
weinglas
Amazing release. I am glad to be a part of it. And the tapes look and soung good! Great work Chris we're not worthy

So get those tapes until they are gone hihi
sungja
Got both tapes in the mail yesterday. Beautiful work and great tracks all around.

Favourite track is by otoskope. That made me laugh out loud. thumbs up

Thanks Chris!
sungja
Only had a chance to listen the blue tape. Hoping for more funny tracks on red tape. hihi
otoskope
sungja wrote:
Favourite track is by otoskope. That made me laugh out loud. thumbs up

twisted Thanks sungja hmmm..... The title means "disgusting rhythms" or "sick times", or something along those lines, in Toki Pona. I had great fun - the whole rhythm algorithm is implemented in bugs.
sungja
Have no idea what this toki pona stuff is but a quick search on the web helped. I guess talking in that language is just as funny. Need to find some youtube vids some day, if there are any.

Anyway, really nice track!
chrisdermo
So after 1 week of preorders and 1 week of general sale we have 4 reds and 8 blues left! That's pretty good going I think!

The label was also contacted by the British Library a few days ago and are interested in putting our catalog into the national archives, so if all goes well all contributors' work will live on forever in the British sound archive w00t
BugBrand
Yah-hoo on both counts!
a100user
chrisdermo wrote:
So after 1 week of preorders and 1 week of general sale we have 4 reds and 8 blues left! That's pretty good going I think!

The label was also contacted by the British Library a few days ago and are interested in putting our catalog into the national archives, so if all goes well all contributors' work will live on forever in the British sound archive w00t

thumbs up thumbs up
otoskope
Yay, bugs forever.
T. Jervell
Cool cool w00t
phisynth
awesome !

added the tapes to Discogs, let me know if you find any errors :

https://www.discogs.com/Various-BugBrand-Blue/release/13224516
https://www.discogs.com/Various-BugBrand-Red/release/13224594
chrisdermo
phisynth wrote:
awesome !

added the tapes to Discogs, let me know if you find any errors :

https://www.discogs.com/Various-BugBrand-Blue/release/13224516
https://www.discogs.com/Various-BugBrand-Red/release/13224594

Thanks Phi! Much appreciated as always thumbs up
SPIKE the Percussionist
NOIZ ARRIVED!

Thanks!!!!

[/img]
SPIKE the Percussionist
chrisdermo wrote:

HOLY FRACK!
AWESOME!
twisted
chrisdermo
NOIZ ARRIVED!

Thanks!!!!

[/img]

Yes!!! Tapes have now officially sold out! Good work everyone! Anyone that hasn't listened to the cassettes I strongly urge you grab a cheap Walkman from eBay or somewhere and give it a whirl, the format really lends itself to some tracks. KNYST's track in particular sounds spooky as hell emerging from the tape noise floor and disappearing back into it eek!
lud
Congratulations Chris. How many tapes did you press?
chrisdermo
lud wrote:
Congratulations Chris. How many tapes did you press?

50 of each. Didn't expect them to sell that fast! w00t
southphillysynths
Just got my tapes yesterday! They are physically the most beautiful and well made tapes in my collection.

I can't wait to give them a listen!
chrisdermo
southphillysynths wrote:
Just got my tapes yesterday! They are physically the most beautiful and well made tapes in my collection.

I can't wait to give them a listen!

Yeah the design is very nice if I do say so myself. Sounds great too hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 11