MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Desktop Pedalboard?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Desktop Pedalboard?
NoLegs
Any recommendations for a desktop pedal board, or another similar solution? Right now I have about 10 pedals sitting loose on the floor, which is really far away from my actual playing space. For the record, I don't use them too often for guitar, they are mainly for using with my synths/eurorack. I'd like to get them closer to me so I can interact with them more.
chvad
Any pedal board really. I like the pedal train stuff. Easy to wire, fairly low profile
NoLegs
chvad wrote:
Any pedal board really. I like the pedal train stuff. Easy to wire, fairly low profile

Thanks! I'll check that out. w00t
digitalganesha
And while EVERY pedalboard should have one of these - the MOST important thing for a desktop pedalboard is THIS: Never have to change the order and layout again....

http://www.boredbrainmusic.com/patchulator-8000/
digitalganesha
And.... check these out. I prefer boards that are built into cases like NYC Cases, plus the angled ones can be both angled AND laid flat.

http://www.nycpedalboards.com
ersatzplanet
Another trick for desktop pedal use - convert all the foot switches to heavy duty toggle switches. This gives you a instant visual cue to whether the function is on or off. Even though the toggle switches that fit the same hole sizes are not too cheap, it is worth it in a live situation. Of course it means dedicating the pedal to desktop use unless you learn how to flip toggles with your feet (which is not to hard without shoes).
controlFreak
You can use a bypass looper on the floor and have pedals elevated for knob twisting but still turn things off/on while hands free.
NoLegs
These are all great suggestions - thanks guys!

I do have a Boredbrain Patchulator - but I'm actually running most of my pedals through my patch bay at the moment.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1