MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EuroSerge setup, heavy electronics...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author EuroSerge setup, heavy electronics...
pstanig
[s]http://soundcloud.com/naxalprotocol/blackwaters[/s] An experiment with the new sergian setup (but a lot of Korgasmatron too, otherwise it does not sound like "European heavy electronics", right?). Patch notes (for what I can recall) upon request.

In the meantime, I take the opportunity to remind you that I still have a few copies of the tape on Obsessive Fundamental Realism and the CD on Old Europa Cafe

Trades possible.
Bataserpa
Very nice sounds, as usually.

I like a lot to listen the Naxal Protocol stuff because its great and also kind of rare to see a modular well used for harsh/power electronic music. Unfortunately the most modular music around, in my opinion, is just techno or boring blips and blops (ok, there is some nice drones also).

Can you tell exactly the modules you used and some general patch notes?
The korgasmatron is in my want list for while.

Thanks
pstanig
Bataserpa wrote:

Can you tell exactly the modules you used and some general patch notes?
The korgasmatron is in my want list for while.

Thanks

So, one line (buzzing quasi-rhythmic line in the background) is (iirc) a saw wave, through all the sections of the Random Source TWS, which in turn are modulated by two VCSs (triggered by different clock divisions) and some Sport Modulator sample and hold signals.

The main drone in the forefront is Korgasmatron low pass, fed back to itself after going through the Doepfer A 132-4 VCA (which is a vca but, first and foremost, a saturation machine). It is modulated by VCS (just a little bit to create some tremolo/vibration) but then, mostly, by hand. I then looped a chunk. I then mutated this chunk a bit with Hourglass; there is also a section where the buzzing sound and the main drone are crossfaded in Hourglass.

The other sounds are field recordings I made in Venice, also processed in Hourglass.
Bataserpa
Thanks a lot for all the info. You gave me inspiration to try news setups with my random source vcm and resonant eq.

Keep going the nice work.

Your music as Cazzodio and with Japanese artist Linekraft is also very impressive.
MindMachine
Wonderful piece. Thank you.

Guinness ftw!
HighLordFixer
Do eye hear some girl in there on the venice field recordings?
good "throbby" noise track
almost sounds like old ms20 filter with resonance cranked on that HP sweet spot for my ears yet it's not
pstanig
HighLordFixer wrote:
Do eye hear some girl in there on the venice field recordings?

field recordings are those shimmery things in the background...the vocal sample, that's from some interview about naxals iirc. sitting on my hard drive for years, waiting to be used.

HighLordFixer wrote:

good "throbby" noise track
almost sounds like old ms20 filter with resonance cranked on that HP sweet spot for my ears yet it's not

funnily enough (and unsurprisingly for someone into heavy electronics) I have been dreaming of having an MS20 for a quarter century. Now that I could afford one (they got cheaper and I got older) I also decided I do not want black and white keys in my "studio". But the Korgasmatron does pretty much anything you'd desire from MS20, and much more.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1