MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why no Disting+ or Disting Pro?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Why no Disting+ or Disting Pro?
thebrotherspus
Hi,
I'm not sure if this has ever been asked before, but was just curious if there would ever be a "Disting Pro" type module eventually.... something like 8-12hp with a screen that shows you what mode you're using as well as what all the knobs and jacks do.
I would easily pay 2 to 3 times the price of a regular Disting for something like this.
Anyway, was just curious and figured I'd ask. w00t
lisa
You would pay three times the price for a bigger screen? woah I don’t think many would.
thebrotherspus
lisa wrote:
You would pay three times the price for a bigger screen? woah I don’t think many would.

I absolutely would!!!!!
I bought 2 distings a year or so ago and sold them almost immediately. I don't mean to be rude, but the user interface was so obtuse that any time I wanted to use the Disting in any way, I had to consult a manual first. Could you imagine how amazing the Disting would be if each mode was immediately understandable and every jack and knob labeled on the screen?!?! No need to ever consult the manual again.
I've read so many posts about people who hate the Disting because of how indirect the UI is. I've also read tons of posts about people leaving their Disting in the same mode since they got it... I can only assume that it's due to having to consult the manual every time they want to use it.
To me, having a larger module with a screen that labels everything in each mode would be absolutely invaluable and make the Disting one of the best modules out there, instead of a horrific chore to use.
Rant over. My apologies Dead Banana

Edit: perhaps I am the only one who would like a module like this. The Disting seems to be insanely popular as is, so why mess with a good thing. I get that. thumbs up
lisa
So you'd pay 350 euro for a built in but scarce manual, essentially. smile

I use a few algorithms that I really like and I know them by heart. I've heard about people who feel that if there are 70 algorithms to choose from most should be used in one sitting but those kinds of obsessive thoughts feel quite counterproductive to me.

I consult the manual about once a month. Why? Because I come across a module that I don't have but would like to try out and the Disting has a correlative algorithm.

thebrotherspus wrote:
Edit: perhaps I am the only one who would like a module like this.

Well, you do have the Ornament and Crime project. That's like a Disting type of hardware with a bigger screen (and more in-/outputs). You could get involved in that and add some simple, Disting style algorithms.
telyn
[edit - oops, I thought I was creating a new thread. Clearly more sleep-deprived and out of it than I thought. Can't seem to find a delete post button?]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1