MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mtune not responding
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Mtune not responding
strangeowl
So my mtune arrived, I had some fun with it, powered the system off and on again, and then for a while it wasn't responding to any knob twists and presses any more... It powers on through the boot screen, shows the home screen but then doesn't respond to the interface.

I screwed it loose to check it out while it was still powered on, and then noticed it did work. Put it back in again, wanted to check the usb functions, plugged in the usb cable and again no response.

Is this a known issue?

Case: amalgamod folding case.

( If there is a possible electrical cause this might be relevant: I've had some ground hums but usually they're helped by just plugging any other cable from any module to any module in the two cases that seem to have some differences about grounding. I also get little shocks from touching the modular when I keep my shoes on.)
strangeowl
Fw: 1.01
HW: 17
tubbutec
Hi,

only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown :(

- Updated to firmware 1.01
- BUT CV in calibration not performed yet

So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.
Here is how to do the calibration:
https://tubbutec.de/blog/%c2%b5tune-recalibrate-cv-input/

Hope this helps
strangeowl
Ok thanks! I'll try today.

Are you sure the cv calibration could have something to do with the knobs not responding? Seems weird to me that a knob wouldn't work because an input is not calibrated.

But yes I will try and will let you know if the problem persists.

And if I'm quiet here and forget to let you know it works, take that silence as a "problem solved" and a big big "thank you".

Edit: posted new topic about separate question.

tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown :(

So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.

Hope this helps
strangeowl
Turned modular on (didn't test utune) and walked away. Couple hours later, yes the utune is working. Recalibrated. Easy indeed.

Turned the case power off, and on again: Utune interface not responding, quantizers not functioning.

Do I have a faulty unit maybe?

tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

Hope this helps
strangeowl
50 minutes later, still nothing..

strangeowl wrote:
Turned modular on (didn't test utune) and walked away. Couple hours later, yes the utune is working. Recalibrated. Easy indeed.

Turned the case power off, and on again: Utune interface not responding, quantizers not functioning.

Do I have a faulty unit maybe?

tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

Hope this helps
tubbutec
Hi,

we will look into this and try to duplicate your issue and come up with a software fix.

Apologies for your troubles.

If you prefer, contact us via mail@tubbutec.de
strangeowl
Thanks

PS i'm also the person whose video you shared on twitter this morning smile
tubbutec
strangeowl wrote:
Thanks

PS i'm also the person whose video you shared on twitter this morning smile

applause Good stuff smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1