MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Filter pedals/boxes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Filter pedals/boxes
Granny
Hello,

any other suggestions for filters in box/pedal size, besides these?

Vermona Filter Lancet - 359 Euro
Jomox T-Resonator MkII - 279 Euro
WALDORF 2-POLE ANALOG FILTER- 209 Euro
Patchblocks minijam tek.filter - 69 Euro
Korg Monotron Delay - 59 Euro
Mr. Sound Boy King
Frostwave Resonator ... ! ?
Muzone
Erica Synths - Acidbox €390 (+ VAT if applicable)
Moog moogerfooger lowpass filter - €280
Analogue Solutions My Hyde - €270
Jason Brock
Minifooger Drive
Dreadbox Lamda
Dreadbox Epsilon
WMD Protostar
Cat-A-Tonic
Sherman/Rodec Restyler
estin
Waldorf 2 pole and the Vermona filter lancet are both fantastic. The new EricaSynths Acid box III looks awesome (stereo polivoks!)

elektron analog heat as well for stereo option.
smetak
This!!!!! The ultimate filter in a box!!!

https://reverb.com/item/7153145-frostwave-funk-a-duck

The only problem is the power adapter - the thing is Australian, so you need a compatible AC adapter. But, man, the sound of this thing is out of this world!!!!
soundinett
Eowave Filterbug.
Analogue stereo 24 db low pass filter. LFO. CV in.
Great. Discontinued. Hard to find.
smetak
soundinett wrote:
Eowave Filterbug.
Analogue stereo 24 db low pass filter. LFO.
Great. Discontinued. Hard to find.

New: Analogue Solutions Mr Hyde
Analogue 12 db pass filter. LFO. CV ins, outs

Good luck trying to find these old effects by Eowave.
mosaiclive
I'll just second the Frostwave Resonator idea- that's one of my favorite pedals.
estin
Retro Mechanical Labs Jekyll & Hyde is another nice stereo option. Hyde for mono. I think the J&H is diode ladder on one side, transistor ladder the other. Keep meaning to get one of those....
dogoftears
bugbrand crossover filter. seem to be the one bug item that pops up on BST somewhat regularly. i have a pair for stereo use and they are fantastic. you get two filters per COF. CV inputs. more CV inputs with expander. excellent distortion. good, tweekable knobs too.

for bonus points take a stereo filter and run a mid/side signal through it. this is good fun.
PrimateSynthesis
mosaiclive wrote:
I'll just second the Frostwave Resonator idea- that's one of my favorite pedals.

I'll third, but they are difficult to find on the used market.
andybizarre
Koma FT201
Electrix Filter Factory & Queen (those are rack units, but can stand in desktop orientation)
smetak
There's a Funk-A-Duck on sale from Ebay UK:

https://goo.gl/thnJWx

But far from cheap, though.....
moremagic
the moog mf 101 lpf has some great distortion and pushes my mono/poly close enough to minimoog territory for me
scozbor
snazzy fx tracer city is amazing
Feinstrom
Not mentioned so far:
- MFB Filterbox (a bit bland sounding, but has a sequencer!)
- Alesis ModFX Philtre (digital, but good-sounding)
- Mutable Sidekick (very versatile, great-sounding)
- Waldorf 2-Pole (my absolute favourite - there should be one in every household!)

I own or have owned all these (I still kick myself for selling two!!! MFB boxes) - hope it helps!

Cheers,
Bert
soundinett
Dwarfcraft Happiness It's peanut butter jelly time!
col
Any of the Roland Aira modules. You can configure it with the customizer.
Cat-A-Tonic
Metasonix F-2 (wah)
Granny
Hey thanks a lot!!! Actually, shortly after posting I ordered a Dreadbox Lamda

Dreabox has some b-stocks, if anyone is interested:
https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/product/lamda-v1-b-stock/

Stuff like Frostwave Resonator, Eowave Filterbug,... looks nice and was on my list, but is too hard to find. And yeah i forgot the moog filter
MatttheKat
Mutonics mutator. Could be hard to find though.
numan7
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Metasonix F-2 (wah)

i have found that F-2 also has a range of settings where it becomes a pedal or voltage controlled tremolo (where the effect goes from rapid sixteenth-note modulation to low audio-rate buzzsaw'ish as you sweep through the cv-pedal range).

as a wah/filter effect, i'm finding it surprisingly mellow and organic sounding for a metasonix product (though i have yet to try playing it with trs y-cables connecting its internal halves which could potentially dirty up and drive things harder).

cheers
BenJBX
Electro Harmonic bi filter is extremely versatile and sounds great. Shame you can't use the two filters in parallel with separate inputs. Also not easy to find s/h. But it's an essential tool in my rack.

The vermona retroverb actually has a terrific filter/vca section, I accept that's not the reason most people buy it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2