MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Patching the Cocoquantus - a video demonstration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Patching the Cocoquantus - a video demonstration
Hainbach

I made this on a viewer request. It runs 30 minutes, but I could have gone on longer if I had the time.
corpusjonsey
I really enjoyed this! Thanks man. Your videos are such an inspiration.
pugix
I learned a few things to try with my Coco V1. Thanks!
odditymedium
hainbach could you pls do a video tutorial with:

1. ciat-lonbarde + OP-1

2. only OP-1

something about CL + TE is very striking
Hainbach
@pugix: That is nice to hear, as I have learned a lot from you blog/videos.

@odditymedium: 2. is shot, focusing on the sampling. Will upload next week. As to one, I don't really know what I could say in addition to what I did in the video. I don't use it any differently anymore. What would be interested in exactly?
papercutnoise
Hainbach wrote:

@odditymedium: 2. is shot, focusing on the sampling. Will upload next week. As to one, I don't really know what I could say in addition to what I did in the video. I don't use it any differently anymore. What would be interested in exactly?

Excited to see the second video! Would love to see some stuff on patching the Sidrax and the Coco together, if that's something you ever do?
odditymedium
!hainbach: oh thanks hain! thats a lot of useful tips on op-1

looking for ward to your standalone op-1 vidz, thanks very much for doing this
Hainbach
papercutnoise wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

Excited to see the second video! Would love to see some stuff on patching the Sidrax and the Coco together, if that's something you ever do?

I do that! Good idea, will put that on my to do list.
Hainbach
odditymedium wrote:
!hainbach: oh thanks hain! thats a lot of useful tips on op-1

looking for ward to your standalone op-1 vidz, thanks very much for doing this

BTW, another cool thing is to use the PO sync on the OP to clock the coco. Bastl Klik to convert the signal to something the Coco can work with and then its synced. But the downside is it turns the OP1 to mono, so you have to use the ins on top. And since its all minijack I have stopped doing it live. It feels unreliable.
odditymedium
you mean minijacks are unreliable? or the op-1 is?
odditymedium
also, one question i had is, did you ever think of inputting the coco to the op-1? how would that work or help
Hainbach
Minjack to splitter to coco and a small USB thing in between seemed fragile.

Coco to OP1:

timoka
merci hainbach, that video helped alot!
Hainbach
@Kilchhofer: Glad to help! Really excited for your new album, my friend!
timoka
Hainbach wrote:

ja, just a few more days now!
i'm really quite eager to buy the cocoquantus.
a question regarding the recording eg looping on the coco, if you hit record the first time the led lights up, by pressing the second time you stop recording but the led stays the same, showing there's a loop right? if you press again does it overdub or replace the loop? and i didn't understand how to stop the loop, eg the fade-out...?
papercutnoise
timoka wrote:
Hainbach wrote:

ja, just a few more days now!
i'm really quite eager to buy the cocoquantus.
a question regarding the recording eg looping on the coco, if you hit record the first time the led lights up, by pressing the second time you stop recording but the led stays the same, showing there's a loop right? if you press again does it overdub or replace the loop? and i didn't understand how to stop the loop, eg the fade-out...?

Light on means loop is not recording. Push the button, the light will go off and sound will be recorded to the loop. Push the record button again and the loop will continue playing. Any time you hit the button after that will overdub the sound, layered over the previous sound. You can punch in and out at any point of the loop. What took me a while to twig was that the loop length is set by the Delay time knob. So really the loop is constantly looping in the background and only records sound once you hit the record button. Worth noting that a common practice is to clear the loop buffers at the start of each session as sound recorded to the buffers is stored there until overwritten.

The fade out comes from the fact that everytime the loop does a full pass in record mode, the previously recorded sounds get pushed to the background a little. The fade out occurs by essentially recording silence over the loop and pushing the recorded sounds further and further into the background until they become beautiful lo-fi digital mush.

I hope I explained all that in a way that's easy to understand. Apologies if not!
timoka
thanks @papercutnoise, all pretty much clear now except emptying the buffer... the only way to clear it is to record silence?
Hainbach
Clear buffer: turn speed to highest and loop level down all the way and record nothing for a second or two. Much like overwriting tape.
papercutnoise
timoka wrote:
thanks @papercutnoise, all pretty much clear now except emptying the buffer... the only way to clear it is to record silence?

Yup, that's it!
zeit
Now I definitely want another CQ, so I can explore it more..this was a great video demonstration. applause
nearly ghost
Great demos thanks for sharing. Been interested in the coco for a while now I think I'm definitely going to get one.
Howes
Love this!
Hainbach
Thx Howes, Nearly Ghost and Zeit!
jimmie
That's a really nice video Hainbach!
ClausF
Greatest video on the Coco so far, that gives me a lot of hints... thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2