MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q150 filter and feedback patching
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q150 filter and feedback patching
kdjupdal
Hi

The feedback patch is where you mult the output of the filter, and feed it back into the other input. When I do this with the Q150 transistor ladder filter, the resonance disappears, or at least weakens. Does this mean that the output of the filter inverts? If I use an inverter before the feedback it has a completely different effect.
Does anyone know if the output of this filter is inverted?
hsosdrum
I feedback patch my Q150 all the time. Simply turn down the level of the second input and the resonance will return. You can use this as a Resonance control without having to change the filter's actual Resonance setting.

My current patch has the filter Resonance knob set at 8.1, filter Frequency knob at 5.1 and the second input knob set at +4. (The main signal input is at +5.) When I turn down the second input level to 2 the resonance returns full-bore. However, I'm controlling the filter from an EG that's passing through the top section of a Q125 signal processor with the Gain at 200% and the offset at –3. (The filter's Frequency Level knob is set at +3.) I'm also using the filter's 1V/Octave input. All of this affects how the filter behaves.
ranix
the Q150 does not invert, but I also do not fully understand the mysteries of resonance

if anyone claims to, watch out for that guy

those are basically the two big mysteries of the universe - oscillation and resonance
Synth Con Meo
ranix wrote:

those are basically the two big mysteries of the universe - oscillation and resonance

Your forgot #3 - woman lol
JohnLRice
Synth Con Meo wrote:
ranix wrote:

Your forgot #3 - woman lol
And doughnut stores! hmmm..... How can someone stay in business when you have to pay for a small building, baking/cooking machinery, materials, supplies, and employees when you are selling $1 to $15 worth of food products to customers that no one actually needs to eat? seriously, i just don't get it

. . .. mmmmmm . . doughnuts
Drunken Homer Simpson
kdjupdal
ranix wrote:
the Q150 does not invert, but I also do not fully understand the mysteries of resonance

Thanks. I read somewhere that resonance is created by negative feedback, (and it is more complicated than that).

Then it makes sense that:
- feeding back the non-inverted output will decrease resonance
- inverting the output and then feeding back will increase resonance
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1