MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADDAC0017 Modular to Oscilloscope Cable Pair
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author ADDAC0017 Modular to Oscilloscope Cable Pair
Midiot
ADDAC0017
Modular to Oscilloscope Cable Pair.

LINK
Description:
"This Bnc to 3.5mm female jack cables allow easier integration with most oscilloscopes.
An extremelly simple way to go from your modular to your oscilloscope."

Any info on this ?

From the photo, it looks like it's using the Tek P6100 connectors, which are :
DC to 100 MHz
10:1 and 1:1 Switchable

What is the cable capacitance (and length) ? (likely not an issue, but I'm curious)
Are they currently available ?
JohnLRice
Those look nice and are reasonably priced, I should buy a pair (or make some like that).

I've often used regular probes clipped to a spare jack and I've also just used straight 1/4" or 3.5mm to BNC adapters.
Midiot
JohnLRice wrote:
.............3.5mm to BNC adapters.

That's also what I have been using... sort-of. but not dedicated scope probes.
BNC to BNC male cables (thin flexible RG174 cable, 50ohm) and the appropriate 3.5mm adapter(s).

My scope is a Tektronics 2246 (100Mhz).
ADDAC System
The ADDAC0017 are readily available through our website!
Phitar
Wonder why these were done with female jacks instead of male. Seems more logical to me to just be able to plug it directly into a module instead of having to use an extra patch cable between the scope and the module jack. Am I missing something here ( that does happen a lot )? My thinking is that with male plugs on the end instead there would be one less connection to add noise to the signal. They look decent and at a decent price though. Would be worth not having to strip/solder thin shielded lines. Anybody have some that knows how long they are?
JohnLRice
Phitar wrote:
Wonder why these were done with female jacks instead of male. Seems more logical to me to just be able to plug it directly into a module instead of having to use an extra patch cable between the scope and the module jack. Am I missing something here ( that does happen a lot )? My thinking is that with male plugs on the end instead there would be one less connection to add noise to the signal. They look decent and at a decent price though. Would be worth not having to strip/solder thin shielded lines. Anybody have some that knows how long they are?
I'll assume they bought a big box of standard probes, cut off the normal probe part, and attached an inline jack so the length of the cable is the length of the original. It might be nicer for storage if there were only 4 or 6 inches of cable but I supposed they didn't want to waste any existing length?

So why an inline jack instead of a plug? I like the jack better because if your oscilloscope is too far away from your modular or your modular is large to huge, the probe might not reach anyways and you'd still need to use an extension adapter or a mult and more cables etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1