MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Person smashes octatrack in frustration - ebay dead banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Person smashes octatrack in frustration - ebay dead banana!
MrTurboparrot
Stumbled across this on ebay sold items. Made me chuckle as I can empathize -
to some extent! I have often fantasized throwing my OT8 out the window into the street. Then I realised I hadn't RTFM (poor as it is).

I think going so far as to smash thing is hilarious. This person must either be 1. very wealthy, or 2. very frustrated/stressed, or 3. both.

You can even see a boot mark on the screen! Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
Pase
lol
Panason
I already posted this a couple of weeks ago. "Best Octatrack on ebay"... it got moved or locked because I posted the link.

Hilarious seller!

Somoene actually paid £310 for this!!???... the mind boggles.

But yeah, Elektron's manuals haven't been too great. Every time I see the word "trig" or worse "trigless trig" I cringe painfully.

The Machinedrum has a pretty full featured MIDI sequencer and all it gets in the manual is a few paragraphs hidden away in the "machines" section... Typical geeks out of touch with real world users.
xthrasherx
The seller posted on Elektronauts. They actually had 2 of them plus a Rytm. Now they are down to 1 and the Rytm lol
richie
Reminds me of this poor guy:
lud
Amazing ad, great write-up - glad they got a good price too!
AW198
'please don't ask'
smurphd
Amazing it still sold for 310£
tobb
MrTurboparrot wrote:

I think going so far as to smash thing is hilarious. This person must either be 1. very wealthy, or 2. very frustrated/stressed, or 3. both.

Hilarious for you... but reason could be something totally different ,non musical production related,you (we) just don't know.
MrTurboparrot
tobb wrote:
MrTurboparrot wrote:

Hilarious for you... but reason could be something totally different ,non musical production related,you (we) just don't know.

uhhhh... yeah, we do know. It's not non-musical. The words 'I set it on fire' in relation to the manual are pretty damning! eek! seriously, i just don't get it ?
dkcg
it's in Manchester, UK...if it weren't winter, I would maybe guess Manchester United lost that day?

I'm willing to bet it's not the first thing he's smashed out of frustration. Anger issues is more likely.
Xmit
^
if it was someone in Manchester then I'd say the chances of them being a Man Utd fan is pretty low. Mr. Green Now, if it was someone in Surrey... or China....Every chance you're right.

Plus, no winter break here - football continues right through the winter months.
stinkfist
We don't have time to mess about in Manchester, especially with bad tools.

Just need to get the job done. And if it ain't happening - its going out the window...

Flaming manual following it.
Howes
hihi hihi hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1