MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Plaits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Plaits
Happy.Cyclist

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/plaits/

tuj
looks awesome, love most of the design choices EXCEPT ditching the display for those cryptic LEDs. I hate Clouds for that reason.
erstlaub
I've been lucky enough to be working with Plaits for a few months now and made that video this week. It's by no means exhaustive but hopefully shows *some* of the capabilities.

Happy to answer any specific questions that crop up as a result of the video (in terms of stuff I've explained badly) but as always with MI stuff, the manual and the design are so thorough and logical that you'll likely just get it.

So much range and quality in a tiny footprint and there's lots of really handy utility built in there too.

The interface might look a little daunting/confusing but you get used to it super quick (at least I found that to be the case).

Love it.
matttech
In stock now!!! w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t
rishin
I lust; I jones; I hanker.
apfEID
Genuinely impressed by the price drop compared to Braids. $259 vs $399. Really appreciate that.

Demo sounds are lovely. Maybe this is the digital oscillator I’ve been looking for...
matttech
SUPER excited about this one. Loved Braids, and this one is even more impressive!

(had these sitting here since this morning but not been able to tell anyone til 5pm - SOOOOOOO hard!!! smile
Wick
very nice finally no more menu dive one of reasons reason i sold my braids
keelhauler
What is the module left of Plaits in the video?
Happy.Cyclist
erstlaub wrote:
I've been lucky enough to be working with Plaits for a few months now and made that video this week. It's by no means exhaustive but hopefully shows *some* of the capabilities.

Happy to answer any specific questions that crop up as a result of the video (in terms of stuff I've explained badly) but as always with MI stuff, the manual and the design are so thorough and logical that you'll likely just get it.

So much range and quality in a tiny footprint and there's lots of really handy utility built in there too.

The interface might look a little daunting/confusing but you get used to it super quick (at least I found that to be the case).

Love it.

I think you did a great job!

The price point for this module is insane, just a shame I have to wait til payday before I can get my hands on one.
a100user
Cheers Matt, ordered. Been waiting for a Braids for awhile, this’ll do nicely
Hidden_Path
SlayerBadger!
aroom
erstlaub wrote:
I've been lucky enough to be working with Plaits for a few months

so it wasn't donut's grease on your lens then, wasn't it? hmmm.....
beliefsystemrecords
not really sure i agree with getting rid of the display. the cryptic leds suck. dont like them on clouds. also warps should have a display.
flocked
beliefsystemrecords wrote:
not really sure i agree with getting rid of the display. the cryptic leds suck. dont like them on clouds. also warps should have a display.

I think it's much easier to remember all the modes with these leds instead of the display where you have to scroll until you find the mode you want. With the leds you just remember the position of your favourite mode.

Also: There is a new MI module on the left side of the video. It looks like some kind of envelope. Each time the release of the envelope starts the LED of the slider starts getting green.
starthief
I've also been beta testing Plaits for a few months. I haven't made any demos as such, but I did use it quite a bit on my recent album and have a few other recordings I've been sitting on -- I should post some of those when I get a chance smile

It is a really well designed module. I went through the manual at first, trying out the different models. Then I made myself a cheat sheet that lists which algorithms are which -- but I have never actually referred to it or the manual again. Mr. Green

The built-in envelope is handy and sounds great with the internal LPG. I am in love with some of the models -- I keep coming back to the vocal one to use it in surprising ways, and I find the Karplus and model models a lot of fun to mingle with my Rings (dividing incoming note triggers between them via a clock divider or Euclidean sequencer).
steveoath
keelhauler wrote:
What is the module left of Plaits in the video?

A very pertinent question! Is this where the rumor mill goes into overdrive hmmm.....
Crimesofthecrown
applause

This is perfect news to wake up to.
rishin
Does there exist another digital oscillator that covers as wide a range of synthesis techniques as this? hmmm.....
jburzy
wow...I was just thinking about what digital osc I wanted to get and then I see this. I'm sold!
Pighood
I can't see this replacing my Braids...maybe as an adjunct.
shoottofill
do i pick up a used braids or go for plaits......good problem to have i guess.
kurodama
To those of you who feel the LEDs are worse than the display. I'm a bit surprised you'd call the 4 LEDs on Clouds cryptic, I mean, once you know what they do (and that usually takes just 5 minutes of playing around with the module= it's pretty easy to associate each with their function. After all it's just 4 LEDs/symbols. LEDs + icons are a superior solution in various ways, you can remember which mode is which by position, instead of having to memorize some acronyms (aren't they just as cryptic?), most human beings remember things by position easier than if they are letters in some virtual space inside a display, though of course everybody is different.
shoottofill
kurodama wrote:
To those of you who feel the LEDs are worse than the display. I'm a bit surprised you'd call the 4 LEDs on Clouds cryptic, I mean, once you know what they do (and that usually takes just 5 minutes of playing around with the module= it's pretty easy to associate each with their function. After all it's just 4 LEDs/symbols. LEDs + icons are a superior solution in various ways, you can remember which mode is which by position, instead of having to memorize some acronyms (aren't they just as cryptic?), most human beings remember things by position easier than if they are letters in some virtual space inside a display, though of course everybody is different.

I'm new to all of this, but i'm appreciating more and more modules that i dont have to remember menu levels and buried functions. But to each their own.
kwaidan
From what I read, this can go low enough to be used as an LFO, is that true?

I would like to know more about the chord mode. It looks like it would be good for dub techno or detroit techno-type stabs, any thoughts?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 1 of 26