MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone here ever used a commercial studio for your music?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Anyone here ever used a commercial studio for your music?
mousegarden
I'm going to go out on a limb and maybe hire a studio to do some recording.
The reasons are many at the moment, I'm not inspired here in my new space, there are too many distractions, I haven't recorded anything for longer than I can remember.
Also, another environment, someone to give me feedback, and an engineer who may suggest new approaches, all these things may be what I need to get me going again. It's a bit insane, seeing as I have all my own stuff here, but I'm willing to try it, just as an experiment.
I've found a strange little studio that's situated on a ship, very atmospheric, and not too expensive, it'll be an interesting experience, at the very least.
Has anyone else here ever done anything similar, be interested to hear your experiences.
Moskowitz
My experience is: be prepared. Even if the plan is 'no plan' the change of atmosphere can throw you out of your natural rhythm and end up in a clock is ticking / can't decide / patch doesn't load / whatever / discomfort. Like you might do when starting a composing project like '3 techno songs' or whatever you have some ideas about key or tempo or what patches or whatever that can get things going despite any distractions or technical difficulties.
mousegarden
Moskowitz wrote:
My experience is: be prepared. Even if the plan is 'no plan' the change of atmosphere can throw you out of your natural rhythm and end up in a clock is ticking / can't decide / patch doesn't load / whatever / discomfort. Like you might do when starting a composing project like '3 techno songs' or whatever you have some ideas about key or tempo or what patches or whatever that can get things going despite any distractions or technical difficulties.

Well, I improvise so there is never a plan as such, the only consideration is what equipment to use. I'm interested in how the change of environment is going to affect how I play, the sound of the place.
A lot of studios that have survived the computer revolution are very expensive simply because they offer something special that no home recordist could aspire to, like a very large space, lots of microphones, or vintage gear on an astronomical scale, a big old mixer. The price is high to reflect their investment. But at the moment the quotes I've got are too high to make it worthwhile, I'm not paying £3,000 to record and master three pieces, for some professional musicians that may seem cheap, but I'm not in that category.
Zube
Nevermind
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1