MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Surprising plumbutter 2 behaviour
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Surprising plumbutter 2 behaviour
cygmu
I'm seeing something today I haven't noticed before, and wondered if it was normal.

If I patch an AVDog orange into its verso blue banana, so that it plays a constant tone, the white output has no effect at all when patched into the Ultrasound green. The red output from the AVDog works the Ultrasound no problem.

On the other hand if I patch the AVDog orange to the inverso banana, the red output won't drive the ultrasound but the white will.

Similarly, when droning like this, only one of the two outputs of the AVDog can FM the other AVDog or the Gongues -- either the white one or the red one works, and which it is depends on how I patched the drone from the AVdog.

This might explain why I sometimes think the FM and Ultrasound are broken!

Do other PB2s behave like this? Can it be explained?
pugix
This is normal. Like many of Peter's designs, there are two audio outputs. For AVDog these are the White and the Red. These always have the inverse amplitude of each other. So, if you are droning with one of them on, the other one will be silent.
cygmu
Thanks Richard! I still need to study the schematics some more to figure out what is going on but I am happy to hear things are not broken.

Do both the red and white signals go to the output mixer, or only one?
pugix
cygmu wrote:
Thanks Richard! I still need to study the schematics some more to figure out what is going on but I am happy to hear things are not broken.

Do both the red and white signals go to the output mixer, or only one?

Only one, the White. Each AVDog goes to a different output channel, left or right. If the Red went to the opposite channel, it would be similar to the way the bars work on Tetrax and Sidrax.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1