MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Front Panel Files For Frac?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Front Panel Files For Frac?
tragedybysyntax
Hey there fellaz!

So... I've got a CGS mixer pcb done as well as the CGS Super Psycho LFO.
I found a front panel file for the mixer but...wtf... the panel is 5 in, 2 out + master pot. The mixer is 6 in... not 5.... Also, is there a way to just have it set up as 2x 3>1 mixers vs 1x 6>1?

Anywhoo... so a file for that would be VERERYEREY Appreciative!

as well as the super psycho lfo panel if anyone would be nice enough to share it. Thanks guys! smile
scozbor
i will be making up a super psycho panel soon. I have mine behind a DIY laser printed panel at the moment which is ok... but it just don't cut it after receiving my first real panel from FPE!! love

i'll get a quick mock-up together if you like. we can negotiate a good layout Mr. Green

I really want to work out the HPGL engraving object thingy so I can get the CGS unicorn on the front 8)

Anyone had any luck with using bitmaps/vector and converting into the HPGL format???
tragedybysyntax
HPGL? Hmmm... dunno what that is.

Using FPE on a pc is a lil batty for me since I'm on a mac usually... we have a pc at work and i'm trieng to design it on there.

HOWEVER!! I wonder how makeNoise design their panels... I really wish I could just design it in illustrator and send them a file to go by somehow to etch it. hmmm.
neandrewthal
tragedybysyntax wrote:
I really wish I could just design it in illustrator and send them a file to go by somehow to etch it. hmmm.

This is exactly what I do. Except I send it to my printer, then........

http://www.sdiy.org/xyzzy/panels/

Tom is really cool and answered any questions I had about the process.
parasitk
tragedybysyntax wrote:
I really wish I could just design it in illustrator

Tell me about it. I'm right there with you, man!
Cat-A-Tonic
That link is awesome Neandrewthal.
I love all these DIY tutorials.
I don't really understand the exposure process though.
I guess he's using photosensitive paper and developing chemicals to transfer the image from the transparency?
Is this the same gear that one would use in an old film based dark-room for developing photography?
chinard
ok, i took the plunge and actually bought this software to help me design the pannels for a few DIY modules i am in the middle of building.
I tried my hand a front pannel express, but it blows goats!

Anyways, does anybody have any links to some pre-done euro format pannels that i could import and change to what i need?
fluxmonkey
chinard wrote:
ok, i took the plunge and actually bought this software to help me design the pannels for a few DIY modules i am in the middle of building.
I tried my hand a front pannel express, but it blows goats!

Anyways, does anybody have any links to some pre-done euro format pannels that i could import and change to what i need?

fonik has quite a few posted to his site: http://www.modular.fonik.de/

b
neandrewthal
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
That link is awesome Neandrewthal.
I love all these DIY tutorials.
I don't really understand the exposure process though.
I guess he's using photosensitive paper and developing chemicals to transfer the image from the transparency?
Is this the same gear that one would use in an old film based dark-room for developing photography?

The photosensitive paper is actually an aluminum sticker covered in photosensitive ink. After you apply UV light to it, all the ink that was not exposed(thanks to the transparency) washes away with water and you are left with your aluminum graphics.
tragedybysyntax
I think I'm going to use my ferric chloride and PNP blue and acid etch the panels. Just buy the panels drilled and cut to size from FPE.

Anybody have a template for the 3 frac width panels? Just a generic panel for FPE that's 3 wide?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1