MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Roland TR-8S plays samples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author new Roland TR-8S plays samples
lisa
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/audio/news/new-roland-tr-8s-bring s-sound-design-and-sampling-to-the-table

Updated TR-8 with individual outs and sample playback. Nice update, imo. thumbs up
Chopper
Want! 128 patterns memories with 8 variations... overdrive....
spaztikk
Edited because i forgot about program locks :

"The TR-8S features the ability to program locks into the sequencer per step or record motion into patterns to create everything from subtle movements to dramatic tonal shifts. You can automate bass drum tuning, snare pitch, panning, effects, or create melodies and bass lines. The motion recording is simple to use, and motion playback can be instantly enabled or disabled."

And much less green, sampel play and eight separate analog outputs.
This will be purchased immediately.
Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana

chriscarter
Nice... I wonder what the release date is?
Odd that none of the music tech sites have picked up on this yet, that page has been up a while now.
Corrupt

Corrupt
Panason
It has an SD card. If you can just write the samples onto the card from the computer, that would be neat.
Yloopz
Nice those the individual outs. Great for triggering modular (using the Rytm and/or the Toraiz at the moment) interesting...
flashheart
Panason wrote:
It has an SD card. If you can just write the samples onto the card from the computer, that would be neat.

I appears you can smile
grillo
I really like this redesign, seems an all around improvement.
The performance part with the pattern variations and the ability to make changes to the patterns before playing them looks really well thought out.

The sample playback engine could make this a very powerful unit if they haven't gimped it out in some weird way.
rohelineoun
Autofill! w00t

I've loved my TR-8 and could have been content with it for a long time but this seems to hit all the points on my wish list, even the really petty ones.
Panason
Looks like a great UI ... does the TR8 sound anywhere near as good as the machine it's supposed to emulate?
rohelineoun
Panason wrote:
Looks like a great UI ... does the TR8 sound anywhere near as good as the machine it's supposed to emulate?

Long answer:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108191&highlight=

Short answer, yes hihi
lisa
Panason wrote:
does the TR8 sound anywhere near as good as the machine it's supposed to emulate?

Better. cool
Xmit
sold.

Well, pre-ordered actually. £609 from Guitar Guitar in the UK. hyper
Panason
Oh god.. it has a big flashing green LED ring around the tempo knob.. they just couldn't resist making it look like a fukn christmas tree again.. I'd be opening it up to cut that LED out immediately....
Xmit
^
yeah, it's not the best... but having said that at my last gig I really struggled
to see the front panels of a lot of my gear ( the grey on black sequencer buttons of the Moog Mothers was a particular chore ) in low light, so fuck it. cool
mckenic
I was tentatively interested until I saw "in addition to dimming the lights, you can set color and glow options." Big thumbs up from me!
nomadjames
I just got a TR-8 last week, and I love it. definitely going to get one of these.
Panason
Xmit wrote:
^
yeah, it's not the best... but having said that at my last gig I really struggled
to see the front panels of a lot of my gear ( the grey on black sequencer buttons of the Moog Mothers was a particular chore ) in low light, so fuck it. cool

You were asking for an improved TR8 not long ago! Looks like your wish has been granted!
Xmit
yep. my thoughts exactly ! cool
mateo
Looks really good! Curious to see what the CTRL knob will enable.
Moskowitz
With samples it is so important how they can be treated - filter (analog) lfo, envelope etc - difference between an electronic parrot and a synth that uses sampled waveforms as the oscillators. Any info on how the samples work?
softroom
Moskowitz wrote:
With samples it is so important how they can be treated - filter (analog) lfo, envelope etc - difference between an electronic parrot and a synth that uses sampled waveforms as the oscillators. Any info on how the samples work?

The manuals are online.
facklr
softroom wrote:
Moskowitz wrote:

The manuals are online.

Ohhhh it's like a REAL MANUAL this time, and not some impossible to read and thoroughly inadequate little leaflet like the TR8 came with.
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TR-8S_eng03_W.pdf
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10