Yay - new modules!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Yay - new modules!

Post by wetterberg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:47 pm

So I finally caved in to my evil desires and expanded my modular. As you may know it has been tiny until now. I will let mr. Photoshop speak:

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:50 pm

haha awesome visual aid! :hihi:

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:55 pm

Dalek Modulator FTW!!! :sb:
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:12 pm

felix wrote:Dalek Modulator FTW!!! :sb:
ahem. Fuck yeah. I really hope that part happens!

Small problem, though... I will be needing mah doepfer LPG too... I think some modules need to be sacrificed, if I want to retain my 12u form factor. I also don't have my joysticks on there, either, but they will be mounted in the frame below the matrix mixer - four of them.

edit: I just tried moving stuff around and adding the LPG; It's exactly 3½ row, not counting the DIY - I think it may just work!

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:18 pm

update (wow, that was fast, huh?):
I missed out on the green bits. Good thing is that I can then move on to the blue bits now! :sb: :party: :coffee:

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey,

Let me know how you feel about that Dual VCA (A-132-3). I've been eyeing that one and I need about 6 channels of VCA.

I picked up the A-189-1 Bit Cruncher. It is an angry bad-ass. Quite different from the Malgorithm.

tragedybysyntax
Banned until Restitution Made

Post by tragedybysyntax » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:38 pm

DALEK BABY! I'm getting one for xmas! It's getting shipped to my work so I"m going to try and take it out.. put it in my system and replace the package with a heavy rock... then when xmas comes... unwrap my present at the parents house and put the dalek back in! lol.

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:11 am

Yeah, I'm glad to see a few more folks picking up the 189-1. Maybe ya'll could tack on to the end of the thread I started a while back about that module and include your impressions, some interesting uses/patches and maybe some sound files.

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:48 am

Soy Sos wrote:Yeah, I'm glad to see a few more folks picking up the 189-1. Maybe ya'll could tack on to the end of the thread I started a while back about that module and include your impressions, some interesting uses/patches and maybe some sound files.
I plan on doing a video demo of it which goes as far as I can beyond the cycling-through-modes thing.

Hopefully my previous knowledge of bitcrushing in software will come in handy here.

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 am

viewtopic.php?t=1766

One really helpful tip is to use an attenuator between the CV input and CV source. Unless it's my demo model, the scaling is very extreme. Using the attenuator really helps to bring out the subtle variations.

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:05 am

Soy Sos wrote:viewtopic.php?t=1766

One really helpful tip is to use an attenuator between the CV input and CV source. Unless it's my demo model, the scaling is very extreme. Using the attenuator really helps to bring out the subtle variations.
yeah, that's part of the reason for my matrix mixer - massive signal attenuator. A bit like yours, only not a "gain box", and (hopefully) very dense in controls. 4*6 is rather ambitious, but the knobs I'm going to use are quite small, and there aren't a lot of electronics involved. Gawd, I can't wait to get started on that project, actually!

I am most looking forward to hearing the tones that come from the Standard VCO 110 -> Wave Multiplier -> Bit Cruncher. :twisted:

verstaerker
Common Wiggler

Post by verstaerker » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:58 am

speaking about the bitcruncher - does anybody get almost clrean sounds out of it - my signals get heavily bitcrushed

the best quality sounds like 11khz and 6-7 bit - wich is already very destroyed

in that case the modualtion doens't make much sense for me

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:32 am

verstaerker wrote:speaking about the bitcruncher - does anybody get almost clrean sounds out of it - my signals get heavily bitcrushed

the best quality sounds like 11khz and 6-7 bit - wich is already very destroyed

in that case the modualtion doens't make much sense for me
Mine is mainly for DAW reprocessing, so I can easily do some a/b testing when the unit gets here. At any rate I figure I'll need to build an attenuator section in my modular to better deal with modulation signals.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”