MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do we want seperated Buchla and Serge sub-forums?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]

Do we want seperated Buchal and Serge sub-forums?
Yes, I want them seperated.
23%
 23%  [ 35 ]
No, I want it to stay the way it is.
47%
 47%  [ 71 ]
I don't care. Either way is fine with me.
28%
 28%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 149

Author Do we want seperated Buchla and Serge sub-forums?
fonik
Maybe it is just my personal perception, but i got the feeling that there is a lot going on in the Serge world recently.

I personally think it would be good to have seperated sub-forums for Serge and Buchla, all the more since i believe that the majority here uses either Buchla OR Serge. Only a very few people will have both for a longer period of time. And the systems are different enough. A seperation would increase the clarity.

Maybe I am wrong though and my point is mute.

So tell us your take on that.
fonik
And then we would have to ask, where does EMS go?

I would keep it with Serge ATM. There is not much EMS-related stuff here anyways.
lasesentaysiete
I voted "I don't care". To me, the overall level of activity in the Serge/Buchla, EMS forum is low enough to not get lost in. I usually find half of the Serge or Buchla related topics that interest me in the DIY forum, in any case.

*moot
tIB
No, because both is always the answer.
search64
EMS is the odd one out in this sub.
the bad producer
I don't think so, but also don't think it should be 'Buchla, EMS & Serge' either as that doesn't reflect the whole 4U scene with CGS, *RS*, Stroh, LW, Slighty Nasty, CLee et al. But, yeah, generally what lasesentaysiete said.
Joe.
Wouldn't that mean a mod would have to read and separate the 8,500 threads in that sub forum, into two separate sub forums?

Dead Banana
Prunesquallor
the bad producer wrote:
I don't think so, but also don't think it should be 'Buchla, EMS & Serge' either as that doesn't reflect the whole 4U scene with CGS, *RS*, Stroh, LW, Slighty Nasty, CLee et al.

What he said. Should be '4U and EMS'.
search64
It should be "Bananaland". EMS can have their own sub.
Hiwatt Bob
Don't fix what ain't broke.
Prunesquallor
fonik wrote:
i believe that the majority here uses either Buchla OR Serge.

<cough> A R*S module with a Serge mixer and Buchla LPGs and wavefolder.

hihi
Synesthesia
Please don't.
clarte
nope
numan7
i recall that this forum used to be 'buchla, serge, ems & wiard'.

so we have gone through the process of separating formats out of this forum and into the manufacturer subforums before. i think that if we do split things up, they should all be separated.

buchla and serge should each be in the 'modular synths' section since they are mostly considered formats and not actual names of companies or full names of people (the former is a last-name while the latter is a first-name).

ems should go in the 'official company forums - proudly hosted at muff's' section since it is a name of a company, and not a modular synthesis format. now one objection to this might be that robin at ems has no interest in representing his company here,. and we don't want to just get rid of it. perhaps one of our more ems-knowledgable members (such as hinton or papz) could step up to the plate as a proxy moderator; and then all would be good.

but personally i really don't care - and sort of miss the easy convenience of having all the wiard threads up in the 'modular synths' section, if the truth must be told.

cheers
revtor
There’s not enough traffic in this sub form to warrant breaking it up even further.

Steve
numan7
the bad producer wrote:
I don't think so, but also don't think it should be 'Buchla, EMS & Serge' either as that doesn't reflect the whole 4U scene with CGS, *RS*, Stroh, LW, Slighty Nasty, CLee et al.

agreed. i don't think it would cause much of a disturbance in the force if the name and tag-line were changed to something similar to its northern neighbor in the modular synths section:

5U Format Modules
Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

4U Format Modules
Buchla, Serge, EMS, CGS, *RS*, Peake, Stroh, Kilpatrick, LW, Slighty Nasty, THC, CLee et al...... Go west!

or something like that...

cheers
papz
A bit off topic, sorry, but for those who want an EMS forum, there's the Synthi forum http://comm.thesynthi.de
Great ressource for all things EMS. A lot of useful infos and tips were posted in the past but now it is very quiet.
New members and more activity would be great. hyper
fluxmonkey
I've had both, for a long time. when i only have a minute to check the forums, this is the sub i check first.
DomMorley
papz wrote:
A bit off topic, sorry, but for those who want an EMS forum, there's the Synthi forum http://comm.thesynthi.de
Great ressource for all things EMS. A lot of useful infos and tips were posted in the past but now it is very quiet.
New members and more activity would be great. hyper

"Creating a new account is not currently possible" apparently seriously, i just don't get it
papz
Weird... I'll ask the admin.
Thanks for informing.
misa
A definitive no!

the traffic is so light (just look at the euro forum -- and even that is quite usable, even though there are so many threads that must be irrelevant to a lot of people).

I like to learn about Serge and EMS and, really, breaking it up is going to dry up one sub or the other completely.

let's keep it together.

EDIT: Buchla user.
Prunesquallor
numan7 wrote:
4U Format Modules
Buchla, Serge, EMS, CGS, *RS*, Peake, Stroh, Kilpatrick, LW, Slighty Nasty, THC, CLee et al...... Go west!
[/color]

thumbs up
fonik
Prunesquallor wrote:
fonik wrote:

Touché! grin

Just for the record, this module is discontinued for several reasons.
cygmu
fonik wrote:
Prunesquallor wrote:
fonik wrote:

Touché! grin

Just for the record, this module is discontinued for several reasons.

It still appears to be available from the web site!
mirf59

I like to see stuff from multiple formats here. As people have noted, there is not much traffic here overall.

There are also Buchla users that are also Serge users, like batchas, Django, and Todd B.

Plus, I love the sound of the EMS and Serge systems, love to hear what people are doing with them even if I stick with Buchla.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2