MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer Pro-One
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Behringer Pro-One
lairdhenn

https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/posts/10156281553268914
racooniac
is the term "bro one" already official or do we have to lobby for it first? wink
lud
Dave must be loving this!
Ranxerox
Poly chain five of them for a cheap Prophet 5?
mecanikill
Man I really hope there is a Prophet VS in the works with a joystick on it!
Rost + Licht
mecanikill wrote:
Man I really hope there is a Prophet VS in the works with a joystick on it!

Yeah man, pls more digital madness!
a100user
Ranxerox wrote:

Only appears to be a MIDI in, no Thru. Would you need a Thru box or similar?
v8pete
So presumably he's doing the Envelopes in software, as I don't remember noticing that Behringer had copied the CEM3310 yet?
RedLab
Much more excited about this than Model D or Neutron.

Yazoo'ish synthpop sounds here we go
Ranxerox
a100user wrote:
Ranxerox wrote:

Only appears to be a MIDI in, no Thru. Would you need a Thru box or similar?

If you did the voice allocation using an external device (software?) that could map the voices across five MIDI outs (i.e. a multi-port MIDI interface), then each Pro-One would receive its own voice messages without needing to daisy-chain MIDI to the next in series....
mome rath
lol
Sanys
don't really like midi in on the front panel, it's a killer anyway
Diabolik!
i think Midi is on the front so it can be mounted in eurorack
Sanys
Diabolik! wrote:
i think Midi is on the front so it can be mounted in eurorack

oh! true! ... cv gates could've been enough for me though...
Sir Ruff
Yet another prototype tease from Behringer. So they've got the VP-330, UB-Xa, and now Pro-one up their sleeves, and they can't even get their first clone (the model D) or their own product (the Neutron) on the market within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm guessing we won't see any of these things for a year or two, if ever.
udbhav
Sir Ruff wrote:
Yet another prototype tease from Behringer. So they've got the VP-330, UB-Xa, and now Pro-one up their sleeves, and they can't even get their first clone (the model D) or their own product (the Neutron) on the market within any sort of reasonable timeframe. I'm guessing we won't see any of these things for a year or two, if ever.

Model D is shipping and in peoples' hands. The fact that this forum and many others have had active Behringer threads for the last 6 months would indicate that their teasers are doing the intended job. Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.
Sanys
udbhav wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:

Model D is shipping and in peoples' hands. The fact that this forum and many others have had active Behringer threads for the last 6 months would indicate that their teasers are doing the intended job. Don't expect them to stop anytime soon.

yep, they dont seem to be bluffing or faking it
Sir Ruff
Sanys wrote:
udbhav wrote:
Sir Ruff wrote:

yep, they dont seem to be bluffing or faking it

Yeah, I'm not doubting these things are real... but when was the Model D announced, like early 2017? Over a year later they are finally being shipped. My point is yes, we are all swanning over these products, but in the absence of any release time frame, it's a lot of empty hype.
Sanys
agree, there's way too much of air shaking
J3RK
Well, the Model D is available all over the place. The Deep Mind is. The Neutron (is that the patchable red one?) is supposed to be available shortly, and I have seen a couple of videos of it now.

The UBXA is being designed. They asked for input on what the final form-factor should be over at the site that shall not be named. razz I'd expect it to show up in the next 6 months or so.

It seems they have a process down now for their industrial design that allows for quick jumps from concept to manufacturing (at least that's what I read).

I'd expect a steady stream of output maybe 6-12 month cycles?

Just a guess based on what I've observed. That's really pretty much a blink in the normal scheme of development-times for similar products.
Sir Ruff
J3RK wrote:
It seems they have a process down now for their industrial design that allows for quick jumps from concept to manufacturing (at least that's what I read).

Interesting... guess we'll see!
J3RK
Sir Ruff wrote:
J3RK wrote:

Interesting... guess we'll see!

Yeah, I'm by no means a Behringer expert. I own zero of their products. The Deep Mind is somewhat intriguing though I will admit. I think I lean toward the OB-6 over UBXA, but I don't often have OB-6 money on hand with four kids Dead Banana So the UB could actually be interesting to me. That said, I only really need one keyboard-based poly-synth, and I've become very patient over the last several years. I'll just see what the landscape looks like over the next several months. hihi
ziggomatic
Regarding poly-chaining these, I would be curious to see some accurate latency tests done when you have 4 of the Model D's chained together. I would imagine there is a fair bit of latency by the time MIDI gets to the 4th (or more) chained device. In my own setup tests i've found that daisy-chaining synths using "thru" ports adds about 15ms of latency per device.

If this is the case then it seems to make much more sense to use external devices/software for voice allocation (if possible) which should keep identical latency between sending simultaneous MIDI to multiple devices. This is of course only applicable if proper timing is necessary for your music making contexts.
udbhav
Sir Ruff wrote:
Yeah, I'm not doubting these things are real... but when was the Model D announced, like early 2017? Over a year later they are finally being shipped. My point is yes, we are all swanning over these products, but in the absence of any release time frame, it's a lot of empty hype.

I think Behringer would term what you're calling "empty hype" as free marketing. They're also not doing the hyping, they leave that to us.

I would also guess that the delays that hit the Model D will become less frequent as they iron out the kinks on their synth production line. Looks like they've made some significant investments in the synthesizer market. Think its safe to assume that these are more than the "market research leaks" they were purported to be when they first started popping out.

Both Roland and Behringer are responding to the efforts of Korg and smaller companies in the last few years. Isn't this what everybody has been begging for forever on Muff's? Guess I shouldn't be, but I am surprised at some of the anger/hostility in the reactions (not that your post has any of that). What were people expecting?
Ranxerox
ziggomatic wrote:
Regarding poly-chaining these, I would be curious to see some accurate latency tests done when you have 4 of the Model D's chained together. I would imagine there is a fair bit of latency by the time MIDI gets to the 4th (or more) chained device. In my own setup tests i've found that daisy-chaining synths using "thru" ports adds about 15ms of latency per device.

If this is the case then it seems to make much more sense to use external devices/software for voice allocation (if possible) which should keep identical latency between sending simultaneous MIDI to multiple devices. This is of course only applicable if proper timing is necessary for your music making contexts.

Yeah, well daisy chaining isn't an option of thru doesn't exist, so it's a moot point...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13