MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Schlappi Engineering Interstellar Radio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Schlappi Engineering Interstellar Radio
ablearcher

The Interstellar Radio is available for preorder, currently in production at Darkplace and should be ready to ship in the next week or so.

It can be used either as an effect or a sound source, somewhat mimicking the action of a radio transciever. It takes an audio input, converts it to a high frequency pulse train using a synchronous V/F converter and then demodulates it with the same V/F chip in a PLL loop.

You can cv control over both oscillators or can replace them with external sources. It can deliver broken radio sideband-like effects, as well as things like bit crushing, distortion, ring and frequency modulation.

Check out the video and let me know if you have any questions.
ipassenger
woah
desolationjones
I had the pleasure of demoing the Interstellar Radio at KnobCon in 2017. Glad to see it hitting production!
EPTC
F - - - - C K ! !

W A N T
W A N T
W A N T
W A N T

Yeah man! Wow that's lovely sounding.

Beautiful panel, too.
bommelito
sounds like a must-have for me.
have put it on my shopping list.
c_code
Ace ! Was thinking of potential of modules based on good old comms theory SlayerBadger!
Pighood
Seems like a mash up of Benjolin and Noise Swash
Dcramer
W woah I woah C woah K woah E woah D
FetidEye
SlayerBadger! woah

wicked sounds indeed!
Hainbach
Sounds very rich and interesting. I can imagine that a small euro with this, a Drone Commander module and some modulation/spring reverb would be a perfect noise show setup.
StateAzure
Was hoping this might be able to receive extraterrestrial radio transmissions angry maybe a feature for the mk2 later? screaming goo yo
globalwm
StateAzure wrote:
Was hoping this might be able to receive extraterrestrial radio transmissions angry maybe a feature for the mk2 later? screaming goo yo

That will be the optional SETI expander module coming soon. "-)
leftbracket
Really nifty idea and cool execution. Gets me thinking again about that idea of a little sampling/effects 3U that I can never find a satisfying rack plan for.
Now we need someone to put an RF Nomad through one of these Dead Banana
ablearcher
These are now available direct or from retailers. Thanks so much to those of you who ordered one already, all the preorders from me were shipped today Rockin' Banana!

I will also be doing a demo/Q&A/short experimental set with one at Modular 8 in Portland this Saturday at 2PM (March 31st) for those in the area.
ignatius
captjrab
Congrats! this is s really unique and inovative idea. Going to try and scrape up the dough and HP. Quick questions
Can you input audio into the carrier?
Will another nearby radio be able to recieve the transmission?
AM?
motorhead412
yep, i'm pretty much gonna have to get one.
chrisso
he's showcasing a few new modules at Superbooth I see.
Loving my Interstellar radio so far. It's actually pretty versatile.
vibralux
Just got one a week ago. Excellent module. Will do a review soon.
captjrab
Jus picked this one up. Very excited to try and tame this beast.
Not on Modular Grid yet?

Edit:
Oops, found it.
duck1887
captjrab wrote:
Not on Modular Grid yet?

No, it's there: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-schlappi-engineering-inter stellar-radio
chrisso
I made a video using it three different (tame) ways:
captjrab
chrisso wrote:
I made a video using it three different (tame) ways:

Nice! Thanks or sharing.
captjrab
After a weekend with IRadio I realize its not so much taming as it is animating this beast. I put on a Soundlab for elementary school kids and they put it through the paces. They wanted instant results so I let em at it. Pretty sick...the looks on some of the parents’ faces way pretty classic.
It is a great noise/vco for drums. I had some cool beats going with the dual oscillators into vca’s. Modulating with O&C Quadraturia.
Im really into this and will post something soon as I get some good riffs.
captjrab
https://instagram.com/p/Bkd9T1jAjyQ/
Interstellar modulated by Low Rents thru an LPG->Ring Modulator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3