two mixed tracks/versions

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

two mixed tracks/versions

Post by cebec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 am

Again, I found these last night. I mixed them about 3 weeks after my son was born, so they're from May '08, and I was in a daze.
I don't usually mix anything after the fact and prefer to record and mix on the fly but I put some effort into these and am satisfied with the results. I still don't think I'll be changing my production methodology anytime soon, though!
Anyway, I thought these would be fun listening for a Friday.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:26 pm

:hail:
they were awesome cebec! were these multitracked or all coming from your modular in one go? i'm planning to get max/msp sometime fairly soon (i have a monome and want to integrate it more into my modular) - i'd be really interested if you could expand a bit on how you use it with your modular.
you should put out a cd of this stuff!

sandy

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm

:eek: :hail:

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks a lot! These were a combination of prerecorded modular tracks mixed with live overdubs from the modular and Max/MSP.

I use Max/MSP for live processing and for generating textures. For the former, I route the modular through Max patches I've culled and created. For the latter, I've been working on a looping sampler for a few years that I go to for sample playback. It can process live audio, too, so I've gotten some good results with that. One of the most interesting things I've tried is creating a feedback loop from the modular to Max, through anything and everything in between, and suddenly, being at the mercy of some seemingly living system. I'm very interested in how you plan or hope to use your Monome with Max and your modular.

Again, thanks for the encouragement, guys!
:guinness:

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:37 pm

:sb: sounded really cool! I think I heard some cats fighting in there (that is good).

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Cybananna wrote::sb: sounded really cool! I think I heard some cats fighting in there (that is good).
:lol: I hear them, too!

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:56 am

cebec wrote:Thanks a lot! These were a combination of prerecorded modular tracks mixed with live overdubs from the modular and Max/MSP.

I use Max/MSP for live processing and for generating textures. For the former, I route the modular through Max patches I've culled and created. For the latter, I've been working on a looping sampler for a few years that I go to for sample playback. It can process live audio, too, so I've gotten some good results with that. One of the most interesting things I've tried is creating a feedback loop from the modular to Max, through anything and everything in between, and suddenly, being at the mercy of some seemingly living system. I'm very interested in how you plan or hope to use your Monome with Max and your modular.

Again, thanks for the encouragement, guys!
:guinness:
i'm hoping to use a combination of modular, max and my monome for real time granular type stuff. i've been saving posts from the max list for a while now that link to granular resources and hope to adapt/come up with my own patches once i've worked my way through the tutorials.

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:59 pm

sandyb wrote:
cebec wrote:I'm very interested in how you plan or hope to use your Monome with Max and your modular.
i'm hoping to use a combination of modular, max and my monome for real time granular type stuff. i've been saving posts from the max list for a while now that link to granular resources and hope to adapt/come up with my own patches once i've worked my way through the tutorials.
sounds very cool! looking forward to seeing how that works out.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”