MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fishman TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Pickup + Ableton vst's
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Fishman TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Pickup + Ableton vst's
zeit
I am an average keyboard player but a way better guitar player. I would like to use the guitar to play Ableton Live's software instruments (Operator, Simple, Analog, etc) and use Fishman TriplePlay Wireless MIDI Pickup to do it. It can use it's own software instruments vst's but will it also play ones in Ableton Live? I don't see why but I need to be 100%, just in case I"m missing something. It would be the only reason I would pick it up, it would have to do that. I've asked a few music vendors and they couldn't give me a 100%, "yes it will work" for some reason. So, I'm going to ask here to see if anyone else is doing this with Ableton Live. If so, this would be a game changer for me...synth solos ad nauseam. hihi
dkcg
I haven't tried it, but I have read good reviews of JamOrigin's guitar to midi software.

https://www.jamorigin.com

I've been curious about the Fishman, but I think I'm still hesitant from remembering how much lag there was in my Roland GM-70. I'm sure guitar midi hardware is better now, but it's hard to spend almost $400 on an experiment that might fail. seriously, i just don't get it
zeit
Interesting, I bookmarked the Jam Origin and will look into that. Yes, I'm apprehensive about the Fishman too. Would be so much fun and very useful to me if it worked...but $400 is a lot just to see if it works. confused Thanks for the info, I will look into that before making any type of impulse buy. thumbs up
controlFreak
Look into musician's friend/guitar center/conglomo's return policy?

Take it home carefully unpack it and see if it works, if not pack it back up and return it.
Kent
Please provide a link to the exact product and model under question.
We can investigate much more assuredly.
chlorinemist
It definitely works. I use this setup (controlling vsts in live with TP) and it's pretty excellent. Not perfect, but probably the best out there. It's significantlyt faster + more accurate than Jam Origin and the other software guitar-to-midi solutions, but the softwares are good enough for a lot of people, so give them a try and see what you think. The difference in tracking speed/accuracy with a hex PU is crucial if you want to do alot of full chords and shreddy stuff without any headaches, but many guitarists don't do either and get by fine with the softs
/\/\/\/
Will back up chlorinemist regarding the Jam Origin software.

It works all right, but not nearly as accurate as I would like. (I use it for recording, and then go back and filter out the "extra" notes... which means I don't use it as much as I thought I would.) They have a demo version, so try it out and see if it works for you.

There's also this: http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m.html

The tracking isn't bad, in my opinion, although I've only listened to a violinist playing through it, and the demo video.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1