MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Front Panel Express price increase.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Front Panel Express price increase.
Rex Coil 7
Seems I just barely snuck under the wire when I ordered two Dual VCO panels about a week ago. FPE only just upgraded the panel designer program, along with it a ~roughly~ 5% to 10% price increase was put into place. Had I waited they would have cost me nearly $300 for the pair. I got lucky this time around!

I just barely missed getting the previous price for the VCF panel though, so it went from <$112 to >$125. I'll be ordering that panel (the last panel I need to finish my project) in about a week.

Just thought I'd share the joyous news.
sduck
Ok, let's try this again with a reminder that there is a No Politics rule on this site.
unrecordings
Well in answer to your first reply (I do seem to have missed something fun though)

As a consumer, I would have thought Brian would be paying duty on his aluminium at the border, ie customs duty via the carrier/USPS - not through a price rise via Shaeffer

At least that's how it would work over here.
Dave Peck
....anyhoo, thanks for this notification about their price increase. One of my clients uses FP Express for some fairly expensive orders and this will be of interest to them!
Rex Coil 7
unrecordings wrote:
Well in answer to your first reply (I do seem to have missed something fun though)

As a consumer, I would have thought Brian would be paying duty on his aluminium at the border, ie customs duty via the carrier/USPS - not through a price rise via Shaeffer

At least that's how it would work over here.
Front Panel Express has a USA based outlet on our north west coast, in Washington State, in the city of Seattle (hometown to Member *John L Rice!). So that's how I get around any duty charges. I have no idea where FPE here in the USA obtains it's aluminum stock, however. As a guess, I'd say it's someplace overseas, at least for now (there's some talk of tariffs being put into place soon).

When I opened up Front Panel Designer, there was a big "NEW VERSION READY - PRICE INCREASES IN EFFECT" in red lettering on a pop up that I had to click "ok" before I could go any further. New version was v6.0.

Since I first posted this, there's already a v6.01 ready! v6.0 made a number of menu items in German .. such as "Schnellansicht Grafikelemente" under the "view" menu.

seriously, i just don't get it lol Hopefully they've fixed the language issue, my German is limited to things such as "Identification, please" .. and "Good Morning" ... and "my name is Brian". HAAHAA!!! I was a security troop at Ramstein Air Force Base in 1981 after the Red Brigades Terror Faction (aka Badder Meinhoff Group ... aka Red Army Faction) bombed the shit! out of the command post on base and made an assassination attempt on the highest ranking US Armed Forces Europe ("USAFE") commander's life, both events in Sept '81. I was there for 75 days, so at least I got to see some of Oktoberfest!!!! I think I learned about fifty words in German .... haahaa!

thumbs up

It rained a lot. Had some of the finest bratwurst I've ever tasted!

ANNNYYY HOOO ..... meh

V6.01 also has even more price updates .... ~shudder~ ... I've yet to see what that means (higher or lower) because I have not upgraded to v6.01 yet. It may be increased labor costs for certain services, or increased materials costs .... or BOTH!!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1