MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Introducing ALAK by Gibbon Digital
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Introducing ALAK by Gibbon Digital
RustyO
ALAK is a 4-track polygonal pattern sequencer in the Eurorack format. Each track has it's own output and can have one of 16 different shapes as a pattern. One can alter the angle of the shape for each track creating interesting rhythmic changes on the fly. While ALAK is easy to use and remains "musical" most of the time, dangerous and uncharted territories are at the user's fingertips.

Main Features

- 4-track pattern sequencer with individual outputs for each track
- 16/32/64/128 step resolution
- Dedicated phase-shift for each track
- RESET input for restarting patterns
- COPY output, exact copy of TRIG IN for chaining with other modules
- Red ring of LEDs for visual feedback
- 12HP Eurorack, 12V

A video of it in action:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJ6iP5AxdA/?taken-by=gibbondigital

More info etc at Gibbon Digital
guga
thanks for this Rusty, much appreciated hihi
ivanb
It's peanut butter jelly time! thx Rusty!
Paranormal Patroler
Wow, guga is doing Eurorack? That's great!
Trooper
Seems to be a very easy to handle variation thing for rythms thumbs up , couldn't resist...
npseaver
This looks great! Are polygonal patterns any different from euclidean rhythms?
blacklight
npseaver wrote:
This looks great! Are polygonal patterns any different from euclidean rhythms?

from what I saw in the demo video it doesn't look any different, Polygonal seems a bit more approachable than Euclidean for newcomers, maybe that's why he chose that term.

module looks delicious though!
technicoloraudio
I hope they find out about black assembly screws soon.
ivanb
technicoloraudio wrote:

Black screws will be used for production units thumbs up
guga
here's a short video that should hopefully tell a bit more about the module smile

Trooper
Fantastic visual control over all that thumbs up

Hope to get mine next week.....
alan_smythee
this looks sweet! I'm in the process of putting together my first eurorack rig, and I'm relying pretty heavily on a behringer model D, sending the signal to a magneto and a lo-fi junky. Controlling some of the parameters of the effects with this unit might be pretty cool, or connecting it to some percussion modules. Very interesting.
Blairio
ivanb wrote:
technicoloraudio wrote:

Black screws will be used for production units thumbs up

The interface looks great. Definitely on my shopping list. Perhaps use torx or allen headed bolts rather than cross head screws? They look a wee bit cooler.
kurodama
Interesting take on the Euclidean Sequencer thing! Can you also adjust length per track?
guga
i'm glad to see all these comments about the module..as it being the first one we've worked on, it definitely helps hihi

Trooper wrote:
Fantastic visual control over all that thumbs up
Hope to get mine next week.....

we have ordered and are waiting for the front panels to be cut and delivered so hopefully it won't take too long

kurodama wrote:
Can you also adjust length per track?

not per track but it is possible to change the global 'resolution' (division)

a manual should follow soon, in the meantime if there're more questions/comments please do ask or comment smile

thanks to everyone for the interest shown so far
Trooper
Quote:
we have ordered and are waiting for the front panels to be cut and delivered so hopefully it won't take too long

Then it would be fair if you state it as preorder on your webside.
@realwiggler
Just got wind of this one....very interesting indeed. Love the variety of sequencers hitting the market. I’m liking the functionality/space ratio on this one. Think those knobs have the space for something a lil more fat finger friendly
ivanb
Trooper wrote:
Quote:

Then it would be fair if you state it as preorder on your webside.

It's not, we have a few units ready so no worries. Just did not expect such a demand eek!
Timmy
“alak” is Tagalog (Filipino) for wine or alcoholic drink, just btw. Probably a co-incidence, I dare say.
ivanb
Timmy wrote:
“alak” is Tagalog (Filipino) for wine or alcoholic drink, just btw. Probably a co-incidence, I dare say.

Interesting! Alak means, among other things, shape in Hungarian. Originally we wanted to go with "Shapes" as the name for the module, but it was taken already.

Apparently Alak is also a language... so many meanings! eek!
kurodama
guga wrote:

not per track but it is possible to change the global 'resolution' (division)

a manual should follow soon, in the meantime if there're more questions/comments please do ask or comment smile

thanks for the info!
guga
this is a 'quick' jam i had with the module, trying things out..aand having fun with the other modules! hihi
it's nice how, with just few of them, one can come up with different things.

i hope you'll enjoy as i did smile
guga
i thought it would have been nice to give some updates on things for those who have already ordered one and those who haven't yet hihi

(ran out of connectors for the module on the right bottom end hmmm..... ..more on their way )

(black screws everywhere! grin )

all modules have been hand-built and buuoy .. it does take some time to solder all those lil smd components in there, but fun nonetheless ..might go for a Guinness ftw! now
PopGoblin
Thanks for The Update!

Looking forward to playing with the module soon!!
guga
the panels finally arrived today and the first few ALAKs are on their way now smile

also, just to make sure things are clear, this version of the main board comes with an IC socket so, in case of anything, we'll be able to send a replacement IC without having to get the entire module back (unless that's required of course)

the manual will be ready shortly, so that by the time the modules are delivered it'll be available.

this is it for just now and apologies for the delay, unfortunately there wasn't much we could have done about it, thanks all for your patience smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2