MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Avoiding the thump on sequences (also ROMs)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Avoiding the thump on sequences (also ROMs)
chamomileshark
hi, I've been doing some sequencing sort of Berlin style on the Wiard. I've noticed I'm getting a bit of a thump with each note.

I had a similar thing on my Blacet and it seems the answer there was to turn down the output of the envelope generator. As you can attenuate the CV to the filter I assume that the thump is coming from the CV to the VCA.

So on the Wiard I've run the envelator (that was in ADSR mode but I think it also happens in the other modes) out to an attenuator and back to the Z mod of the Mixolator but I'm still not quick getting there. Maybe it's the shape of the envelope - I've tried backing off the Envelator attack a little and also bending the slopes by feeding back the Envelator output to the D mod - again - still not quite there.

Anyone else also explored this area and has experience to share?

Of course I can try patching the Blacet EG out to the Mixolator and see if that does it..or simply decide for that particular application to use the Blacet..

second question - and I've already put this up in the Frac forum, does anyone know what the various wavetables are for the Grant Richter PPG/VS ROM and the Quantizer ROM?

I have both and apart from using them I know very little about them.
addendum
A general hint first: the Envelator has no ADSR mode, only an output that's labelled ADSR and that actually provides a pseudo-ADSR approach by crossfading the single envelopes, which you ideally set to AD and AR, respectively, and you have to fiddle with the individual times to get as close to a real ADSR as your patch allows.

You might want to post a more detailed description of your patch or even a photo.

Until then, here's some further thoughts that may or may not be related to what you're experiencing:

- If my memory serves, the Mixolator has a quirk of "overshooting" when Z is fully clockwise. This is best understood by using it as a panner. Observe how the stereo positions "snap back" a bit as the pot setting or CV approaches maximum.

- Maybe your Attack settings aren't compatible with what you're trying to do and what the Envelator can provide ADSR-wise. Maybe you want a slow attack and you set one of the two single envelopes to slow attack but left the other one at a faster setting?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1