Unquantized Eurorack Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Sleeepwalk
Learning to Wiggle

Unquantized Eurorack Sequencer

Post by Sleeepwalk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:27 am

I just started my eurorack rig and I’m loving it and would like to sell more gear to get a bigger setup.

It seems like what I’m looking for may not even exist (yet).

But I’m looking for something similar to an elektron sequencer with micro timing and live recording.

It’s looking the four bricks room can do it. And I think I’d do that for drums but it also doesn’t seem to compare to some of the bigger sequencers like the circadian rhythms or eloquencer.

But yeah any recommendations. I’d like it mainly for drums but also to play some synth parts and have them recorded in with more of a human feel you know? I’ve always used samplers for this and have a bitbox which can handle that but yeah. Please tell me what I’m looking for exists somewhere in eurorack format. Would really like to sell this Digitakt

guestt

Post by guestt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:36 am

Harvestman Stillson Hammer is quirky and weird, but definitely the closest I know of to the Elektron machines - I love mine!

:love:

mattcolville
Common Wiggler

Post by mattcolville » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 am

Going to bump this rather than start a new thread. I’m looking for something that handles unquantized recording, just for triggers, but that supports up to four tracks with outputs that I can feed to the Bitbox (or anything else). I don’t really need a drum machine with its own samples, just something I can play, record, maybe adjust the micro timing on but that’s not critical.

I liked the Qu-Bit Tri-ger but it only had three outs and didn’t support clock-in. Seems like it would be tough to sync to the rest of my rack.

tiger001
Common Wiggler

Post by tiger001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:48 am

consider the SDS digital RiTm;, but you'll need 4 of those for a fourtrack

adnauseam
Veteran Wiggler

Post by adnauseam » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:58 am

I'd think out of the box in this case.

The Squarp Pyramid could easily handle your requirements. Then you'll need a midi->gate module.

Sequencing in modular is kind of... difficult. Start adding different parameters to modulate and it gets *really* expensive.
-adnauseam

this space intentionally left blank

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Won’t Hermod record (essentially) unquantized triggers (and/or cv), while simultaneously providing a MIDI interface and other functions?

bradovic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bradovic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:34 pm

adnauseam wrote:I'd think out of the box in this case.

The Squarp Pyramid could easily handle your requirements. Then you'll need a midi->gate module.

Sequencing in modular is kind of... difficult. Start adding different parameters to modulate and it gets *really* expensive.
Yeah.. I'm using Cubase sequencing a Novation Circuit into CV.OCD which is a lot of fun But i must say doing everything in the rack sure has its charm..
Wonder if theres anything out there like it.

danishchairs
Wiggling with Experience

Post by danishchairs » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:07 pm

mattcolville wrote:... I’m looking for something that handles unquantized recording, just for triggers, but that supports up to four tracks with outputs that I can feed to the Bitbox (or anything else). I don’t really need a drum machine with its own samples, just something I can play, record, maybe adjust the micro timing on but that’s not critical ....
Can’t tell about the specifics of your requirements/desires, but you might want to check out the Flame Quad CV Recorder. Here’s a link to the manual.

Sound precedes music | Instruments for Neb2 module

Return to “Eurorack Modules”