MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchlidian Deep Techno using Stillson Hammer mkII
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchlidian Deep Techno using Stillson Hammer mkII
Precarious
Didn't think eurorack gates would work with Buchla 281 but they do! 4 channels of gates running this patch. Just changed format using Meng Qi Brass Kit, which also has a ground and removes negative voltage.

All sound sources are Buchla, with a sort of noisy clap-thing running into CMS 1047E ARP 2500 filter then into Erbe-Verbe.

Recorded as 4 tracks into Ableton. Compression, EQ, pan and FX added in post.

woVERTICES
Nice dystopian noise!
John
www.johjpotter.com
notmiserlouagain
Cool stagger beats!
Very nice stuff,
*a lot of people* would say those are not a lot of modules but it is aplenty and your performance is proving that.
Limited setups are a lot more powerful than *a lot of people* realize Miley Cyrus

PS refreshing absence of digital reverb wash etc.
Precarious
notmiserlouagain wrote:
Cool stagger beats!
Very nice stuff,
*a lot of people* would say those are not a lot of modules but it is aplenty and your performance is proving that.
Limited setups are a lot more powerful than *a lot of people* realize Miley Cyrus

PS refreshing absence of digital reverb wash etc.

Thanks! Buchla is teaching me to do more with less out of necessity. Can't afford much! But each module is so packed with features that it's been a lot of fun to see just how much I can get. Been struggling along without a sequencer but I think Stillson Hammer is staying with this rig until I can afford 252e.
Peake
Guinness ftw!
rainydaysynthesis
Ahh! This was awesome! I was anticipating hard metallic high hats the whole time!
Soundoferror
Acid! Love it
Great compact focused tiny system
mirf59

Nice. Enjoyed it. Great control, musicality.

cyberdine
[deleteed]
cyberdine
Yes, agree with the comments. Really good job, restrained, classy. Nice to see the H modules in a rack too.

BTW what is that module in the bottom right corner?
Precarious
Looks like I fell behind on this thread. Ooops!

Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

cyberdine wrote:
Yes, agree with the comments. Really good job, restrained, classy. Nice to see the H modules in a rack too.

BTW what is that module in the bottom right corner?

@cyberdine
Bottom right module is Vedic Scape's Toolbox Model 007.
https://reverb.com/shop/vedic-scapes-custom-built-modules-for-the-buch la-electronic-music-box

It's packed with useful utilities:
2x 3-input audio mixers
2x 3-input CV mixers
4x banana attenuators
tinijax multiple
adapters - 5x 1/8-to-banana and 1/8-to-1/4

I really wanted this module and was lucky enough to find one used. Let me tell you, having format conversion and attenuation opens lots of possibilities.

Like in this patch to get the shaker sound I'm attenuating the output of the lower function generator, converting from banana to tinijax and feeding it into mem skew on both waveshape tables of the 259e both set to the "twisted banks" which are variations of digital noise and silence.

An envelope at the right voltage can create a single scratchy burst or multiples depending on location of mem skew knob. You can get the timing into sloppy swings. In this case I have one producing a regular rhythm and the other more frenetic pattern which I mix between using the morph knob. Additionally when I switch the env to loop it produces triplets. Couldn't have done much of this without 007.

0:50 Shakers start
1:15 Mixing the patterns
1:33 Switching to triplets

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1