drone-ish for live performance

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

drone-ish for live performance

Post by Cybananna » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:58 am

I will be doing a live performance using my modular for an art show that one of my friends is involved in. I don't know what the art show includes, but he thinks my music would be a good pairing. the only thing I know is that the show will be in an artsy town and the people (probably different crowd though) have enjoyed the rhythm based performances i've done in the past.

The tracks I plan to do will be drone / noise with other elements coming in and going out. At times it may only be drones, other times more to it.

I'm looking for some feedback on these tracks. They will be similar to what I will do. I'm concerned about boring the crap out of them because there's not any particular rhythms or beats or breaks etc. But I thought it may be nice since the main purpose of the event is the non-music artwork. I don't want to detract from the visual experience. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Here's the links.

http://www.gristleaudio.com/noisteria1.mp3

http://www.gristleaudio.com/noisteria2.mp3

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:58 am

I like it!
I think it all depends on where you're set up, how loud you are and how long each "piece" will be. Are you going to set certain long form modulations in motion and let them run their course, tweek full time or a combination of both? And of course there's the curiosity of this freaky box with a bunch of wires and knobs. Maybe if you're going to play for a long time you can afford to have things not quite as dense. By the way where in Ohio and when is the performance? I'm just over the border in Pittsburgh.

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:50 pm

It will be a combination of letting things evolve and manually changing them. I'm not sure how long I will play yet, I don't even know the date yet... I was invited though so i'm going with that. :hihi:

I assume I will play up to an hour. But last time I played for a similar event with them they asked us to play longer. So, who knows. Yea, if it were going to be longer, some less dense parts would be good.

cebec
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cebec » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:21 am

Yeah, I like them, too and was going to say the same thing about density. Cool, man, good luck!

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:25 am

thanks for checking out the songs! Some less dense sections will be done for sure.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”