MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Stages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Stages
Muse FTW
Very exciting to finally see it - even a snippet.

This seems like much more than a "Peaks replacement" which makes me even more excited for Marbles.
meska
lol lol
gonkulator wrote:
It's a dessert topping
Trebbers
Really looks promising. There is def. a need in my rack for a complex envelope generator. I've been pondering something like the WMD Multimode Envelope or (much less likely) Control Forge, but this might scratch that itch.
damase
Very exciting. I hope it heirs more towards a simpler/less menu driven control forge as opposed to voltage block. It feels like the new mutable stuff has been steered towards immediacy and clarity which i did not find on VB from the programming-workflow standpoint
Zymos
I was thinking about Control Forge too. Though to me, one of that module's strengths is all the information in the display and being able to set precise values. Which is not the direction MI is heading, obviously.
kbithecrowing
This image was sourced from Reddit on a thread about marbles. Has 6 outputs, and stages has six sliders...

atrostor
kbithecrowing wrote:
This image was sourced from Reddit on a thread about marbles. Has 6 outputs, and stages has six sliders...

That image is from Mutable Instrument's Facebook page and is about three years old. It could still be a prototype in hibernation.

That Stages image tho! Leave it to the MW community to extract a reflection of an unreleased module... that's some detective work.
savethisrocketship
atrostor wrote:

That Stages image tho! Leave it to the MW community to extract a reflection of an unreleased module... that's some detective work.

I am simultaneously in awe of the level of fandom and a little bit creeped out by it... Taped Shut
Crimesofthecrown
So this is probably the reason why the site was down for a minute....
rainlet
I feel like this has to do more than just envelopes. In Lightbath's new video, it definitely sounds like he's sequencing stuff, and it's an all Mutable skiff. We know he has both of these new modules in there. Perhaps Stages does envelopes with the upper knobs and stage pitch with the sliders? Six steps is a strange choice for a sequencer though...
alanza
To offer a bit of counterpoint: Lightbath could easily be sequencing pitch by way of Yarns without breaking the all-Mutable. I don't THINK he is though.
bobbcorr
The round thing at the bottom looks like a trackball.

Bachelard
I'm thinking along the lines of Verbos Multi-stage-type thing (if mainly because of the sliders), in which case it could be anything from a function generator to a sequencer, to complex oscillator if it can be clocked at audio-rate?
Audiodog
Has there been any hints on launch dates for teh new modules other than 'later this year'?
jicamasalad
wildfrontiers wrote:
*computer, enhance*

Don't be coy Mr. Beny! You probably HAVE both of those in your rig and have used them on your two latest releases!

;-)
blacklight
Bob Borries wrote:
Can't make out the bottom half.

Considering the name I think it might me a 6 step cv sequencer, the bottom might have the additional "interesting" features we look for from mutable, could also be a vocoder/graphic eq, or the most complex envelope ever.
greenanother
bobbcorr wrote:

If you look at the original instagram pic, that sphere looks to be an overlay of some eq module knob. Would be interesting if someone would implement a trackball though...

ldd23
My guess is this is the Peaks replacement. Works for an envelope generator or a sequencer. An envelope is just a fast sequence with interpolation between points, right?
cliffemu
bobbcorr wrote:

?
JohnLRice
greenanother wrote:
If you look at the original instagram pic, that sphere looks to be an overlay of some eq module knob.
Agreed. PShopped a bit it looks like this:
Hovercraft
The large round object is either a reflection, or a small CRT screen that takes advantage of multi-dimensional anomalies to display any theatrical stage from the earth's past or future history. Watch an original performance of a Shakespeare play at the Old Globe Theater, or a Broadway all-robot revival of Cats! in 2225 New York.
blacklight
Hovercraft wrote:
The large round object is either a reflection, or a small CRT screen that takes advantage of multi-dimensional anomalies to display any theatrical stage from the earth's past or future history. Watch an original performance of a Shakespeare play at the Old Globe Theater, or a Broadway all-robot revival of Cats! in 2225 New York.

Probably hihi
dooj88
my dad used to work for metasonix and he said tony rolando only uses stages in his buchla rig but he's a bit trepidatious because it's not through hole and all smt sound like crap
cliffemu
dooj88 wrote:
my dad used to work for metasonix and he said tony rolando only uses stages in his buchla rig but he's a bit trepidatious because it's not through hole and all smt sound like crap

Lol hihi
strangegravity
That knob appears to be a part of the top layer to me, and not the MI module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Page 2 of 33