MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Stages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Stages
tomtomtron
strangegravity wrote:
That knob appears to be a part of the top layer to me, and not the MI module.

yep, i think so too! this picture is a mash up of different pictures. the big knob is from an other layer as strangegravity mentioned
Batik Rhys
This is some top-drawer speculation applause
greenanother
Batik Rhys wrote:
This is some top-drawer speculation applause

Ha! Yeah...feels like the forum at Elektronauts right before any new release (well, maybe not that bad). hihi
bobbcorr
strangegravity wrote:
That knob appears to be a part of the top layer to me, and not the MI module.

Aww, guys, can't a fellow dream?

(stares at inkblot and sees dragons)
rishin
damase wrote:
Very exciting. I hope it heirs more towards a simpler/less menu driven control forge as opposed to voltage block. It feels like the new mutable stuff has been steered towards immediacy and clarity which i did not find on VB from the programming-workflow standpoint

A non-menu-driven Control Forge seems too good to be true, but I wanna see Olivier prove me wrong hihi
paranoidmoonduck
damase wrote:
Very exciting. I hope it heirs more towards a simpler/less menu driven control forge as opposed to voltage block. It feels like the new mutable stuff has been steered towards immediacy and clarity which i did not find on VB from the programming-workflow standpoint

That would be pretty perfect, if true.
jburzy
I don't really get what this could be...I was expecting 6x ENV/LFO like Just Friends, but do people think it is more of a single complex (6-stage) envelope generator?
Hovercraft
jburzy wrote:
I don't really get what this could be...I was expecting 6x ENV/LFO like Just Friends, but do people think it is more of a single complex (6-stage) envelope generator?

I think it's a six channel, six stage function generator. It seems unlikely that it would be one channel--Peaks has two channels, and this is bigger.
Funky40
Hovercraft wrote:

I think it's a six channel, six stage function generator.

this would be awesome,
but it would run against the "what you see is what you get" rule.
me thinks that Olivier will follow this path more than not.

i also think it will have 6 "functions" in parallel, one per out,
but i´d guess its only one 6 stage envelope. more like: one or the others, 1 fat vs. 6 small ones. just a guess.

well, i think it will be much more. i expect the unexpected to happen.
Olivier made his hints in that direction, saying that plaits was the least surprsising one of all the new ones.
isol
How about switchable between 6 single functions out, 2 three stage or 1 6 stage function?
isol
Actually, it makes more sense to have functions in divisions of six:
6x1 out
3x2 out
2x3 out
1x6 out
nectarios
isol wrote:
6x1 out
3x2 out
2x3 out
1x6 out

That would be ideal.
Funky40
nectarios wrote:
isol wrote:
6x1 out
3x2 out
2x3 out
1x6 out

That would be ideal.

yeah, and such model would also suit the surprise factor nicely.
will be interesting to see what it finally is
hermbot
Funky40 wrote:
nectarios wrote:
isol wrote:
6x1 out
3x2 out
2x3 out
1x6 out

That would be ideal.

yeah, and such model would also suit the surprise factor nicely.
will be interesting to see what it finally is

If there are six jacks at the bottom, it would be pretty intuitive / straightforward if inserting a jack into the output "breaks" the division. So if you put a cable in every other jack, you have 3x2. Put only one cable in the last jack and it's 1x6, etc. That's how the Veils is wired up as far as sub-mixes.
strangegravity
My bet is a function generator. Those shape knobs could sweep through log vs linear.
void23
Funky40 wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:

I think it's a six channel, six stage function generator.

this would be awesome,
but it would run against the "what you see is what you get" rule.
me thinks that Olivier will follow this path more than not.

i also think it will have 6 "functions" in parallel, one per out,
but i´d guess its only one 6 stage envelope. more like: one or the others, 1 fat vs. 6 small ones. just a guess.

well, i think it will be much more. i expect the unexpected to happen.
Olivier made his hints in that direction, saying that plaits was the least surprsising one of all the new ones.

Reading through all this and not picking on this comment specifically, but there's already a Mutable module that does what a lot of you are speculating about, it's called Frames.
Hovercraft
void23 wrote:

Reading through all this and not picking on this comment specifically, but there's already a Mutable module that does what a lot of you are speculating about, it's called Frames.

I don't have Frames, but isn't the core a four channel VCA? It also seems like you can generate a bunch of key frames, and there's no easy way of viewing, editing, or changing segments on the fly. If Stages is replacing Peaks, it's fundamentally going to be an envelope generator, but Olivier isn't going to release a vanilla EG. I guessed six by six because I think it could have a simple and logical interface given the buttons and sliders, and I expect it to be an impressive design.
anosou
Someone said mini-MARF somewhere, I like that thought. Arbitrary function generator. Six is a surprisingly neat number in that case. Enough for sequences, odd or even, and complex envelopes.
anosou
Bob Borries wrote:
Can't make out the bottom half.

It's highly likely the bottom is three rows of six sockets. See this picture from what is likely the same module where you can see three rows of sockets under the slider:

anosou
oops double post
alanza
the top two rows of the six have multiple input jacks for one label, and the rightmost output jack is labeled with a Devenagari 5... HMMMM....
anosou
alanza wrote:
the top two rows of the six have multiple input jacks for one label, and the rightmost output jack is labeled with a Devenagari 5... HMMMM....

It's a 6, not a 5: http://veda.wikidot.com/sanskrit-numbers

Also you can see in the original image that the top row is labeled something on T, right? Trigger? Time? So one row of T, one row of something, one row of individual outs.
alanza
OH WILD, I didn't count correctly since the previous one looked like a 4 and the next one a 6... oops
Benoua
True detective at work ! Thanks guy
anosou
Benoua wrote:
True detective at work ! Thanks guy

I get very excited about this kind of fanatical user stuff. I work at Propellerhead and I've seen our users doing this with us for year and years (and I did before I worked here). For a while, we even purposely leaked hints. oops
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Page 3 of 33