MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Stages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Stages
moncks_crossing
Here, with her permission, is the diagram from pichenettes:
(But a firmware hack would be cool.)

forrest
Catchthehare wrote:
Finally tried Stages as a sequencer. Voices are from Plaits, mangrove and Xaoc begrad.

Beautiful patch, really like how marbles plays with stages. Is your Digitakt doing anything here?
Catchthehare
forrest wrote:
Catchthehare wrote:
Finally tried Stages as a sequencer. Voices are from Plaits, mangrove and Xaoc begrad.

Beautiful patch, really like how marbles plays with stages. Is your Digitakt doing anything here?

Thanks for that! Digitakt is only the master clock in this clip.. I have it as my default clock to Pam's, and this way I can always throw in some extra voices / sequences when needed.
lisa
Just got a second case that I plan to use on it's own, in a different part of my living accommodations from my other case. This time I'm also challenging myself to pick modules that I was interested by for my first case but back then decided against because they seem to complicated or far off my usual, simple way of working. Stages is one of those modules.

As always I start small and force myself to make music with what I got before I'm allowed to buy more modules. This is my starting lineup:

For the first couple of patches I've been using Stages in the harmonic oscillator mode. When I feel a bit more confident with this setup I'll switch it to the normal mode and hope that I get into the open world principles of it.

It normally takes me 6-12 months from recording a patch to actually transform it to a full track and release it so I made a short video just to show how I'm using the this setup.

Rex Coil 7
lisa wrote:
...It normally takes me 6-12 months from recording a patch to actually transform it to a full track and release it so I made a short video just to show how I'm using the this setup.

... what a neat video .... you are one trippy chick Lisa. thumbs up

we're not worthy hihi
lisa
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
... what a neat video .... you are one trippy chick Lisa. thumbs up

Thanks! I try to do something each time, even if the ambition level is rather low. w00t
Videographics
lisa, a second Stages setup as 6 LFOs could replace those two LFO modules and offer more versatility. (Maybe setup one as a HO and the other normal?) Alternatively, it looks like function generator could be useful. (Room for Rampage?)
snm
Any alternative firmware for this yet?
starthief
snm wrote:

This is one of the strangest modules to ask that about IMHO; it's already super flexible and can do more than one might expect.

But yes, there's a version that lowers the LFO cycle rate, a version that lets you toggle it into harmonic oscillator mode and back, and a version that combines both.
snm
starthief wrote:
snm wrote:

This is one of the strangest modules to ask that about IMHO; it's already super flexible and can do more than one might expect.

But yes, there's a version that lowers the LFO cycle rate, a version that lets you toggle it into harmonic oscillator mode and back, and a version that combines both.

I thought someone might be keen to get some of the Batumi features on this thing.
scuto
snm wrote:
starthief wrote:
snm wrote:

I thought someone might be keen to get some of the Batumi features on this thing.

If a version made the LFOs bipolar without having to use CV, that would be great!
yalivec
Hey guys.
Can someone answer my question?
I plan to buy Stages to replace my beloved Xaoc Batumi. But it it important for me to have at least 4 independent slow sine lfos.
Can I get them from Stages?
Basically, I understand, that I can get even 6 lfos here, but I can't found how I can change them from square to sine, etc.?
Thanks in advance!
mgscheue
With looping ramps in Stages (which act like an LFO), the waveform is set by the knob, and sine is one of the settings. It's variable slope saw/triangle, sine, and variable slope trapezoid.

Be aware the output is unipolar. You'll need an offset for a bipolar LFO.
Zymos
Depends on your definition of "slow"- with the stock firmware the slowest could still be too fast. There is alternate firmware to lower the range...
yalivec
Thanks.
I mean so "slow" like "slow" in Batumi smile

And thanks mgscheue for telling me about unipolarity. Didn't know that.
Sleipnir
yalivec wrote:
Thanks.
I mean so "slow" like "slow" in Batumi smile
And thanks mgscheue for telling me about unipolarity. Didn't know that.

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/stages/
Mutable website wrote:

Specifications
    CV output: from 0V to +8V. A negative CV down to -8V can be generated by a Hold or Step segment if this segment is CV modulated.
    Segment duration from 1ms to 16s.
    All inputs: 100k impedance, DC to 2kHz.
    31.25kHz refresh rate.
    16-bit CV capture, 14-bit CV generation with accurate software calibration. Error below 2mV.

I don't often use the slowest setting on the LFOs, but this would imply a 16-second cycle. I know they go pretty darn slow.
Stages has completely freed 2 Maths in my system from any LFO/AD/ASR duties, allowing them to be used as CV slews. I have a serious love/hate relationship with most multifunction modules, but Stages is all love.
cptnal
Talking slow, I count around three-and-a-half minutes with -5V applied to the CV in.
mother misty
cptnal wrote:
Talking slow, I count around three-and-a-half minutes with -5V applied to the CV in.

Hmm.. i'm getting around 12 minutes (feeding it with -10v from maths channel 2)
cptnal
mother misty wrote:
cptnal wrote:

Hmm.. i'm getting around 12 minutes (feeding it with -10v from maths channel 2)

I confess going "one-two-three..." for what appeared to be half the duty cycle and doubling it probably won't be accurate. The point is - sloooooowwwww. thumbs up
Shakespeare
I just bought a second Stages... the harmonic oscillator mode was what tipped the scales, but I also can't wait to hook them up for some long-chain fun.
JakoGreyshire
I'm wondering if the sliders have a center detent? Or are they smooth all the way through the slide?

Thanks
Zymos
No detent, but they don't really have a "center" anyway.
Chopper
starthief wrote:
snm wrote:

May i kindly ask a link to version that do both? This one passed me by. Thank you for the info by the way.
starthief
Chopper wrote:
May i kindly ask a link to version that do both? This one passed me by. Thank you for the info by the way.

https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/stages/13643/143
Chopper
starthief wrote:
Chopper wrote:

https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/stages/13643/143

Oh of course, didn't think about looking there. Thanks a lot! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next [all]
Page 32 of 33