MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Stages
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Stages
BlinkyLights
I didn't realize it would sequence. Cool.
cannonball swandive
Would be awesome if sequencing had a pitch quantizer option
Sleipnir
cannonball swandive wrote:

Most sequencers don’t. Plus, how would you implement it with the current UI?
It’s right on the edge of being amazingly versatile, yet still easy to grok after reading the manual once or twice. Featuritis is bad.
lisa
There are twelve leds so one could imagine a version where you do some secret handshake to get into picking notes by pushing the buttons and move the sliders and the leds would indicate what notes you picked. But I agree, it would be terrible.
cannonball swandive
Yeah, just a thought. Awesome module for sure!!! Love patching this thing into itself!
lisa
You could also, of course, do it by ear. If it sounds good, it's good. w00t
Airell
joeSeggiola wrote:
I compiled a modified firmware for Stages that let me enter and exit the "ouroboros" mode (the harmonic oscillator easter egg) at runtime, while the module is powered on, by long-pressing any button for 5 seconds.

You can download the firmware here and load it following the official firmware update procedure.

Thank you very much! It works for me.
I had to try several times to get the level/volume right (flashing red leds, level to low).
This v2, does it have support for chained stages (I have only one, but just for 'documentation?').
oldenjon
Pardon my ignorance as I'm new to 3rd party firmware, but does changing the firmware void the calibration settings?
joeSeggiola
Airell wrote:
This v2, does it have support for chained stages (I have only one, but just for 'documentation?').

I only tested it with a single non-chained module, and without chaining the module itself. I don't think it'll behave as expected if chained.

oldenjon wrote:
Pardon my ignorance as I'm new to 3rd party firmware, but does changing the firmware void the calibration settings?

No. The calibration data is retained. The normal flashing procedure, as described here, does not reset calibration data.
Shledge
I put a 1v/oct signal into it, then outputted it to a VCO. Very little loss, and I can use it as a slew limiter. Noice. cool
witchonhorseback
joeSeggiola wrote:
I compiled a modified firmware for Stages that let me enter and exit the "ouroboros" mode (the harmonic oscillator easter egg) at runtime, while the module is powered on, by long-pressing any button for 5 seconds.

You can download the firmware here and load it following the official firmware update procedure.

Please beware! I only tested it with a single non-chained module, and without chaining the module itself. I'm quite sure it will behave very strange if chained. Obviously I'm not responsible for any issue you might encounter.

For those interested in the code changes I made, here they are. Any fix or improvement is welcome.

Hey, thank you—just noticing this now; it's amazingly cool and useful.
StrangeAttraction
Just got my new stages delivered to me. Can't wait to try it out. w00t

What struck me the most when I first opened it, apart from the amazing packaging, freebie toy and the ingenuity of the design, is unfortunately these two ugly screws between blinkenlights 2-3 and 4-5. They detract from the aesthetics of the module. Perhpas, there's a way to have some blind screws/other solution instead for future iterations.
I know I'm being idiotically picky and I won't notice these screws in a couple of days (like I don't notice gaps between the modules in my case anymore).
But I thought it'd be good to give my feedback, even if it's of the aesthetic nature.
All in all - amazing module. Can't wait to play with it today! Thanks MI!
screaming goo yo
SB-SIX
Sleipnir wrote:
cannonball swandive wrote:

Most sequencers don’t. Plus, how would you implement it with the current UI?
It’s right on the edge of being amazingly versatile, yet still easy to grok after reading the manual once or twice. Featuritis is bad.

You could also compile a version yourself which includes quantised notes in the sequencer, or find someone that can mod the firmware...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 [all]
Page 33 of 33