MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

amsynths?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author amsynths?
criticalmonkey
http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Euro_Rack/euro_rack.htm

stumbled across this while reading up on various arp filters

any one know anything?
Klopfgeist
The Polivoks and the Odyssey modules sound interesting.
camo livers
Hadn't seen these yet but like any other new euro mod company im excited to see what they do.
eXode
I've been in contact with them earlier and he mentioned they would start up with Euro. He did a ARP2600 clone (in modules afaik) for frac rac before. I hope he converts them for Euro, would love me some ARP oscillators.
Johnisfaster
theres an sh-5 filter clone on there.. but oddly the photo shows only output, no input.. hmmm.....
sonix
His modulles are very well designed and sounds superb.
His pcb's are high quality gold plated.

EDIT: BTW his ARP4075 VCF was the one licenced and sold by bananalogue
tortug
Johnisfaster wrote:
theres an sh-5 filter clone on there.. but oddly the photo shows only output, no input.. hmmm.....

The Filter Cube are two modules, one is the filter AM8005, the other half is the AM8002 4-input audio mixer with filter selection and Ring Modulation.

http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Filter_Bank/AM8002/am8002.html
eXode
Johnisfaster wrote:

The input is actually in another module that isn't shown there.
Reality Checkpoint
Yet more great news for the modular synthesis world, and to have them entering the market over here is a bonus!
ndkent
That's been up for several years, only with a different URL, emulatorarchives or something similar and yes, he designed the Arp clone filter Bananalogue sold in Frac. Before that he was selling and I guess still sells PCBs and possibly populated boards. Certainly some promising well made modules though it's one of those sites where the bulk of his plans/offerings to the public are still to come after some years.

Don't want to knock or discourage him, I'll surely buy some or a bunch of his new offerings.
Jason Brock
I welcome any and all Roland clones that are not 303-based. I'd love some "SH" type stuff in my Eurorack. So they look interesting, but I won't get excited until I hear they are built and ready for purchase.
mono-poly
Rob's stuff is really amazing indeed.
lordofthebored
At one time he had some bad ass looking Prophet 5 oscillators in Eurorack format on that site - with faithful replicas of the Prophet 5 switches. Sad to say they were not for sale. It could have been a very cool alternative to the Doepfer a111!
SewerBadger
eek! Wow! "Lord of The Beard" is more apt!

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
Johnisfaster
soundxplorer wrote:
I welcome any and all Roland clones that are not 303-based. I'd love some "SH" type stuff in my Eurorack. So they look interesting, but I won't get excited until I hear they are built and ready for purchase.

+1
I have too many filters as it is but I'd buy a SH filter in a second.
emuarc
Hi folks,
AMSynths is alive and well, and I am pleased to announce our first production EuroRack modules are shipping to customers. The AM8109 JP8 low pass filter with both 12 and 24dB slope that can be switched between using the front panel button. This voltage controlled filter sounds remarkably like the one in a Jupiter 8, with resonance smoothly turning into self oscillation.

The AMSynths web site has had an exciting make over to make it easier to navigate, with product overviews and pricing, along with our development plans for another 6 modules over the next few months. More You Tube videos will be online so you can watch and hear these amazing modules.

The AM8005 Filter Cube is working well as a prototype, and will be in production in February once the slide potentiometers have been specially manufactured. Roland SH-style knobs have already arrived. The 8705 dual ADSR with slide pots will also be available in 2011 and a growing range of PCB's are also for sale from stock, such as the FracRac AM8023 and AM8035 ARP Odyssey filters.

Visit us at www.amsynths.co.uk and don't forget to email your comments and ideas for new modules to me.

Best Regards Rob
Johnisfaster
This is great news!
glitched01
I've been watching this site for quite some time, so it's great news that modules are actually going into production!

I'd certainly be interested in the Arp Ody dual-oscillators, with noise. I love the syncing sound of those VCOs.

The filters are great though; the JP-8 filter has that idiosyncratic "musical" resonance that sound amazing when slowly modulated.
rili
Looking forward for the AM8005 Filter Cube!
dadek
Sliders in Eurorack!!!! w00t
mark_snipz
How deep is the AM8109 module?
flashheart
Very good price on the that module. Nice for us UK wigglers to get a price break for once...
emuarc
Most AMSynths modules have PCB's that are 80mm deep, that includes the AM8109 and AM8060. The low pass filters from the Odyssey 1 and 2 will be available soon as AM8023 and AM8035, along with a diode ring LP/HP filter the AM8319 Ring Wraith and the diode ladder filter AM8071 Snow Fall. Sliders will be used in some of new modules, including AM8005, a dual gate delay, audio mixer, and dual ADSR. Also the Athena VCF/VCA/ADSR/AR. Future plans include use of more interesting control knobs and bubble LED displays for the digitally controlled modules. The days of bland modules are over!
smoo
I recorded a little demo of my AM8060 Filter. What a Filter!

First with Reverb, then without any FX:

http://soundcloud.com/sagezahn-smoo/demo-am8060-jp-6-filter#play

smoo
REwire
smoo wrote:
I recorded a little demo of my AM8060 Filter. What a Filter!

First with Reverb, then without any FX:

http://soundcloud.com/sagezahn-smoo/demo-am8060-jp-6-filter#play

smoo

I never really liked the Jup-6 at all but that sounded Great!

Dan
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6