Tiny taste of COTK C1660 and Grove PM Resonator

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

JohnLRice

Tiny taste of COTK C1660 and Grove PM Resonator

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:42 am

Since I'm still recovering from the PNW Synth Meet (getting gear set back up, doing laundry, clearing away the piles of stuff that fell over but I was just stepping over for weeks etc etc :ripbanana: ) I haven't quite got back in to the fancy video demo mode yet but . ..

I started to play around just running my Roland FantomXR through the Grove Audio PM Resonator and COTK C1660 Phase Processor and I thought this sounded kinda cool! :hyper: It was actually scarring the crap outa me a couple times since I have a sub woofer hooked up and the sound is VERY dynamic! :eek: (watch yer volume untill you know what its gonna do when! :omg: )

The C1660 is really doing most of the work here, the sound does get shapped and goosed a bit by the PM Reso but most patches on the Roland had a fairly similar sounding effect through this patch.

So, just a picture and a MP3 file:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonix
is banned... again

Post by sonix » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:39 am

Looks great in your rack.

The yellow collor gives a nice touch when this modulle sits in between other .com modulles.

analogsteve
There is no Santa Claus

Re: Tiny taste of COTK C1660 and Grove PM Resonator

Post by analogsteve » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 am

Sounds cool. I can't wait to get mine.
JohnLRice wrote:It was actually scarring the crap outa me
Stay away from the sharp edges!

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 am

Thanks sonix and analogsteve . . but . . D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: The PM Reso was in bypass mode for that sample! (I'm such a goof! :waah: )

To make up for it I'll post another couple quick samples. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:18 am

This sample is JUST the PM Resonator passing pink noise from a MOTM-101. I'll probably do a demo video later so you can see what knob is doing what.

nerdware
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by nerdware » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks! My ears are melting. :lol: BTW, what does the Sub Audio Oscillator sound like - and what's that doing on a Phase Processor? :mrgreen:
https://vimeo.com/user2264453
CANNOT DIY. WILL NOT DIY. DO NOT WANT.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:57 am

nerdware wrote:what does the Sub Audio Oscillator sound like - and what's that doing on a Phase Processor? :mrgreen:
It's just the internal LFO! :hihi:

rezzn8r
Aural Enthusiast

Post by rezzn8r » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:13 am

nice little demos! sounds sweet. the pink noise one gives a nice impression of the module's abilities (I think...)

cheers :guinness:
WTB: Miniwave Vowels & GR-New ROMs
-----------------
http://analognoisemonster.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/rezzn8r

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Very nice sample demos John.

I have a PM Resonator on order from Grove Audio. It will serve to compliment the synthesizers.com Q127 Fixed Filter Bank nicely.

I use the hell outta my Fixed Filter Bank. The PMR will be a necessary sound shaper and free up the FFB for overall EQ on the final out. I've been need in to get the proper EQ for a couple of woodwind and brass sounds. This is gonna be very useful.

-David

emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by emdot_ambient » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Unusually for me, I'm actually down in my studio (in the cave that is my basement), so for once I'm listening on decent speakers. Aside from the over the top bass, that first demo sound so freaking awesome!

Might have been nice to hear the dry sound first. It really has a Klaus Schulze intro quality.

emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by emdot_ambient » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Everything sounds better with reverb on it. Mmm, reverb.

Both the other demos are awesome, too. Thanks!

Return to “5U Format Modules”