MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Same note, same MIDI channel, same external synth?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Same note, same MIDI channel, same external synth?
GuyaGuy
I'd like to have my DAW send the same MIDI note to an external synth more than once. For example, I'd like to send a C3 to the synth then start another C3 half a bar later then another C3 a quarter bar after that. Or maybe in another example all 3 C3s start at the same time.

Right now I can get it to work with 2 MIDI tracks and either a sustain pedal or using CC to automate the sustain on/off. But once I introduce a 3rd MIDI track one of the tracks gets ignored. Strangely, the winning tracks seems to always be the one with the note happening later than the other.

Any suggestions on getting this to work right? Or am I just bound to fail due to MIDI limitations?

Live is the DAW and Rev 2 the synth, if that helps any.
Astrolabe23
This is probably a limitation of the synth you are controlling. Different synths treat midi priority and "note stealing" differently. I would try it with another synth if you can. See if you get the same results.
GuyaGuy
Astrolabe23 wrote:
This is probably a limitation of the synth you are controlling. Different synths treat midi priority and "note stealing" differently. I would try it with another synth if you can. See if you get the same results.

Took a while to get back to try it...But if I send the same MIDI note to a Korg Minilogue it's the same behavior.

Do any synths support what I'm trying to do? Just wondering if it's a limitation of my specific synths or MIDI and firmwares in general.
GuyaGuy
Just remembered I had a Blofeld I haven't sold yet. It works with that.

So I guess it's just a limitation of the DSI and Korg.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1