MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q960, C958 and a couple of batteries...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q960, C958 and a couple of batteries...
noddyspuncture
Been playing with a couple of batteries - the idea would be to build a small 'preset box' of buttons with a few stages which changed the transpose value going into the C958 quantiser.... and also an option to either also send a shift trigger to the Q962 at the same time... or not. hyper

So I thought I'd test out my idea with a couple of batteries... here's the vid...

TheDegenerateElite
I like it.

A preset box with multiple voltages available by button.

Sort of a pre-sequencer sequencer only all momentary.
Rex Coil 7
Fearless and willing, per usual. You simply cannot help yourself!

Inspirational as well. Your modular is one of (if not ~the~) most tricked out Moogs I know of. An honest Hot Rodded synth!

I'm adding this one to my notes.

thumbs up
DJFonzi
TheDegenerateElite wrote:
I like it.

A preset box with multiple voltages available by button.

Sort of a pre-sequencer sequencer only all momentary.

A Prequencer
umma gumma
that is pretty neat!!

I was waiting for you to hit that big red switch hanging from the ceiling...what does that do?
Rex Coil 7
umma gumma wrote:
that is pretty neat!!

I was waiting for you to hit that big red switch hanging from the ceiling...what does that do?
The inline rocker switch? If I recall, that connects envelope controls to VCO FM ... or is it gate/triggers to the EGs?

Meh ... suffice it to say it's yet another thing that makes his synth "do the toccata" ......

thumbs up
noddyspuncture
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
umma gumma wrote:
that is pretty neat!!

The inline rocker switch? If I recall, that connects envelope controls to VCO FM ... or is it gate/triggers to the EGs?

Meh ... suffice it to say it's yet another thing that makes his synth "do the toccata" ......

The red case with the white rocker switch is hanging from the CP-251 up top and connects the CP's two reversible attenuators to my 3rd envelope generator and is indeed specifically for the 'Toccata' patch. The attenuators go to two 901a's and control the 'spread' - when one goes up, the other goes down... cool
umma gumma
haha...wow!!

that is pretty wild. I salute you

Guinness ftw!
Rex Coil 7
No kiddin', right? Tocatta is one of my very favorite ELP songs. The utter chaos within it. Keith took what is musical and made it into something so explosive. Not to mention the dynamics within it. We're taken everywhere from near silence to BLASTING synths and organ passages that speak of shrillness and fearful anarchy.

I'd never heard it until I was at a high school buddy's house. I'd only heard their first album up to that point, I'd owned it since 1972 or so. In or there abouts 1974 or so I heard Tocatta on Brain Salad Surgery. Totally blew me away. It introduced me to side of ELP I wasn't aware existed.

The opening riff that Tom performs in the video posted above is the initial "taste" of the chaotic venture the song creates. A few notes, then that ~screech~. Music, then chaos. Tension, release. Release, tension.

Beautifully executed. And what's really cool is how the song is based pretty much around a simple minor 3rd foundation.

I could go on, but I'll stop any further wandering on and on about it.

Great stuff, and greatly performed.

thumbs up
umma gumma
thanks...I have that LP somewhere, will dig it out and put it on, today!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1