MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need help with syncing tempo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Need help with syncing tempo
VOLTA
Im trying to sync the tempo from my daw to the Q960 sequencer via the M553 midi to clock module. I have connected the start and stop out of m553 to on and off on the q960. But im not sure how to patch so the tempo on the q960 matches with the daw. Can someone please help me out?
JohnLRice
Sure! cool Don't use the Q960's internal clock and patch the clock output of the M553 to the Shift input of the Q960.
VOLTA
JohnLRice wrote:
Sure! cool Don't use the Q960's internal clock and patch the clock output of the M553 to the Shift input of the Q960.

Yes thats working, but how do i trigger the gate input of the EG?
kindredlost
Use the same clock output from the 553. Run it through a multiple first to separate it in two directions. One for the SHIFT input of the 960 and the other to the envelope generator.

If you own a Q961 Interface module you can run the clock signal through the interface "B" side so to regulate the gate length to the EG if needed. You don't need to but it is a good way to adjust for more legato/staccato gate lengths if needed. You can also use the Q961 from each of the Q960 stage outputs. This is a way to have some of them a different length than others for a more dynamic pattern.
Just more tips! It's peanut butter jelly time!
ranix
You can also use one of the rows of the 960 sequencer as the gate row if you need to skip stages. So you could patch row 2's output to column B of your Q961 and then choose whether or not that note is sounded by turning the knob on row 2 for that stage all the way up. The note is off if the knob is turned all the way down.

The reason for patching to the Q961 is that otherwise the gate time will be 100%, and the gates will bleed together. The Q961 lets you reduce the on time so you get a pulse instead of just a solid on gate. Of course when you WANT two notes to bleed together you can still accomplish that by patching the bottom outputs into the A column for the stages you want to tie the gates on.

These suggestions are by far not the only ways.
VOLTA
Thanks!

thumbs up screaming goo yo Rockin' Banana!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1