MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wotja? (Formerly Noatikl)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Wotja? (Formerly Noatikl)
tau_seti
Any thoughts on Wotja? Thinking about buying it for generative sound on a trip overseas, but seems like it could be hard to compose with.
dumbledog
I think I briefly dabbled with it many years ago but didn't know what I was doing at the time so eh. Nowadays I'm out off by their subscription license.
Umcorps
tau_seti wrote:
Any thoughts on Wotja? Thinking about buying it for generative sound on a trip overseas, but seems like it could be hard to compose with.

Intermorphic have recently put a huge amount of effort into the randomise mix option to try to make sure it always comes up with something that sounds good. The Noatikl engine in all its bewildering depth is still there under the hood so you can customise to your hearts content but the random mix will usually give you something workable as a starting point.

The random mix emphasis is on melodic ambient atmospheres. If you need something more harsh and dissonant you will probably find you need more work to get that.

If you want to do your own thing from the ground up then, yes, there is a bloody steep learning curve. If you need help with that give me a ping. I do work for Intermorphic from time to time.
tau_seti
Got the iOS version. Set up an automatic mix and was stunned how efficiently it came together. Wondering if I can send Midi out to my FH-1 ? Could be just the ticket.
Umcorps
tau_seti wrote:
Got the iOS version. Set up an automatic mix and was stunned how efficiently it came together. Wondering if I can send Midi out to my FH-1 ? Could be just the ticket.

The aim is to get Wotja to a place where you can create something useful/useable in an instant while still being free to dive in as deep as you like.

I use Wotja as a midi controller all the time. I go straight into a Shuttle Control using the Apple Camera Connection dongle to get USB out from the iPad. FH-1 would work in exactly the same way.

Earlier this week...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgyWySRAliA/?taken-by=umcorps

You're not limited to[/s] a synth either. Timothy Didymus recently released an album where he uses Noatikl/Wotja on iOS to control an array of turntables spinning tuned glasses. In his case I'm pretty sure uses an iOS midi adaptor (iRig?) because he needs a midi DIN connection.

https://timothydidymus.bandcamp.com
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1