MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Changing cabinets and would appreciate advice
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Changing cabinets and would appreciate advice
intuitionnyc
Hey all,

So a long bit ago, I basically purchased a bunch of modules from Mos-Lab and a "Model 15" case. Since then, I expanded a tiny bit and wanted all of the modules in one cabinet. So, I purchased a DOT COM QCS 44 Space slanted wood cabinet. When this arrived, EMWhite came over to add another power supply (to power the Mos-Lab Kobol Oscillators) and it came out great. HOWEVER, the Mos-Lab modules don't fit on the bottom row due to the depth of their boards. GRRRRR

I thought I was going to add a bunch more modules, but it turns out that I am downsizing more than I am acquiring more gear.
I would love to get all of these modules in a smaller setup in terms of cabinetry. Do you have any ideas? And, does anyone have any interest in the DOT COM cabinet (buy/trade)?

Maybe I should have the Kobols in the same rack as some other modules and all the Mos-Lab in one rack as they are different power supplies. I dunno.

Here are basically the current modules in the cabinet.

Notron fn

I had a friend build a cabinet for me with a raised lower bar so I could have deep modules on the lower level.
Voltage_Controller
tell your friend nice work! lovely cab. Lets set it oiled/stained with the modules installed! thumbs up
Notron fn
j

Synth-werk modules fit on the bottom row.
intuitionnyc
Really cool. Is this custom cabinet work?
Notron fn
A friend from work who recently retired threw it together for me in his shop. Just got it home tonight.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1